My wife and I have just returned from this hotel, we travelled there on the 15th June and returned on the 29th June.We were allocated room 1305 which overlooks the sea and gardens,the air conditoning was on and cold drinks were in the refridgerator.The room was spotless with all the information about the hotel.
We were fully inclusive,and to say we were fed and watered is an understatement,there is sufficient food to feed several armies and more. The variety of food is tremendous,you name any food and you are likely to find it here,the only critisism is that the hotel seems not to be able to keep the food hot.
All the meals are buffet style,so it does get very busy when all guests decide to go to breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper at the same time it can get a bit hectic,so choose your eating times when you think it will be slightly less busy.Meals are served as follows:-Breakfast 05:00-07:30, 07:30- 09:45, Late breakfast 09:45-11:00 Continental breakfast 11:00-12:00 Lunch 12:00-14:00 Pasta,Salad Buffet 12:00-15:00 Coffee & Cake 16:00-17:00 Dinner 18:30-21:15 Theme dinner 19:00- 21:30 Late arrival dinner 22:00-24:00 Snacks and Ice cream 10:00-18:00
At all meals as soon as the visitor has completed one course the crockery is removed immediately,ready for your next course.
The drinks are plentiful red wine,white wine all from tap feed, as is the beer.
The hotel staff could not be faulted, they were efficient and smiling and when you consider the amount of visitors they are coping with this indeed takes some doing.
You may wish to visit Rethymno ( 18Kms) away which you can reach by bus ( stops outside the hotel main grounds entrance ) at the princely sum of 1.7 Euros but suggest you catch the bus at the terminus on your return, as it does get very crowded and standing all that way back would be no fun.The first bus departs from hotel at 07:30 and run every twenty minutes,the last return bus is at 22:15 from Rethymnon journey time is twenty minutes.
If you wish to visit Panormo a charming little seaside village you may catch the "fun train" four wooden carriages takes you into the village,but the first train does not leave the hotel until 14:20 thus allowing people who go on other excursions to go into Panormo as well.The cost of this train is 4 Euros each return,and takes about 10-15 minutes.I do suggest you visit Panormo and sit and watch the activities of the locals jumping and diving off the stone pier,while you sample the food,wine or beers.
If you wish to hire a car for a few days I do suggest you use Sixt which is located in the hotel at a table that is efficently run by Robert Collier a very cheerful person and only too pleased to help.The cost of a three day hire for a Peuguot 308 is 150 Euros compared with 273 Euros which Eurocar charge so make your choice carefully.
The grounds of this hotel are quite large and walking around is great fun,after you have got used to the grounds lay-out,you are given a side view of the hotel and all its factlities,but I think personally that a plan view would make it a little clearer.
During our visit their our friends celebrated a birthday and the hotel manager Michalis Kritsotakis kindly presented her with a birthday cake and the Animation team asked her to visit the stage and wish her a Happy Birhday,all very professional and full marks to the manager and all his team.
Also a man to make a friend of is Yiannis Mavrakis who serves in the bar with other colleagues,their efficiency is truly remarkable in remembering all the different drinks people drink while also being able to serve other customers their nuts, squashes, shorts and "Special Cocktails."
If you wish you may walk to the "Kalithea Pool" and beyond that there is a little picket gate where you may walk down to the shingle beach,where there is a taverna if you would like a change.
And last but not least a speacial thank you to the "Animation Team " who work tirelessly from very early in the morning to late at night,and no matter what language you speak,there is at least one of them who can speak at least two languages.Do go and visit the theatre,these people are all round performers,and a delight to see.
All in all a splendid hotel,one which the Manager and Iberostar can be proud of, if you visit once, I am sure you will agree
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If the gods had been on holiday, they would have chosen the IBEROSTAR Creta Panomara & Mare hotel, where everything wonderful about Greece is concentrated in 30,000 m2 of gardens on the Aegean seafront. Stay in this Olympus of luxury and relaxation, where everything is devoted to honour your existence. A stay unlike any other. There are a variety of accommodation choices for one or more people, including rooms on the top floors with privileged views and bungalows of different sizes right on the beachfront. Swim on your own beach. Located in Panormo, the hotel offers direct access to two coves where you can enjoy the Island of Crete and feel truly special amongst mortals. Mediterranean feasts. Cuisine tailored to your every whim, so you can explore the best of Greek and international cuisine in the various bars and restaurants with welcoming atmospheres filled with aromas from around the globe. Swim in a variety of waters. Combine the salty water of the Aegean Sea with the freshwater of the hotel’s six swimming pools, one of which is indoor and another a children’s pool. You can swim in one, and then take a dip in another… Great fun. This is the perfect place to bring your family. Here, the little ones of the family can have a thousand adventures and become real heroes. There are activities for all ages, both in the daytime and evening. Feel worshipped. This is what is special about All Inclusive; the feeling that everything is available to fulfil your wishes. Exquisite service, exclusive access, personalised to your needs… Now you know; at this hotel, you are a god. Celebrate everything, not just that you are on holiday. Your honeymoon, your wedding anniversary, your birthday… At this hotel, let your imagination run free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Hotwire, Priceline, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Creta Panorama Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Hotel Creta Panorama
- Iberostar Hotel Panormo
- Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare Panormos, Crete, Greece