“ONE OF THE BEST”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Panormos
London, United Kingdom
“ONE OF THE BEST”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and i stayed here 7th to 14th june 2013 and in 12 years of doing all inclusive this was one of the best hotels.Can i just say to those who moan, the restaraunt will be busy,and you will have to get up early for a sun bed this is the norm.
Could i just say as the hotel people read these reviews. I do agree the bathrooms need updating especially the showers.Please put more sun beds out, if there was not enough in june whats it going to be like july/aug. The only negative i had about this hotel was Reception the information and communication was poor quite a few times i saw new arrivals walking around hotel not knowing where there going.On a positive note the shows were great and a big thankyou to the restaraunt manager ( sorry dont know his name ) I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: try to get in hotel from what i heard it was better than bungalows.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank bob w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Much like the other people on here, I agree with the remarks about the restaurant. The Russians are so rude and id actually had enough off them by the end. (Cattle market). The man made beach was also a disappointment. Other than this I fount this hotel very enjoyable and the animation team are amazing. I also fount the greek staff/people to be very polite and kind.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jack H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just came back from our holiday which started on the 9th June and stayed in room 2129.
First impressions - amazing! the service was fantastic, and staff were always so helpful and generous (although some staff had poor english).
Our upgrade was a lovely surprise and appreciated it so much!

Rooms - the rooms are NOT 4*. The hotel itself is beautiful and maintained perfectly, but the rooms are not so nice. Although we stayed in a bungalow, the rooms are very basic. The bathroom was a let down, it needs a complete change as it is old and rusty. I hated showering there as the bathrooms are so small, and the size of the window is so tiny, the bathroom becomes overheated and it is not nice when its so hot outside!
Cleaners were quite tight with towels as well which really annoyed me - in a season which is extremely hot, one would expect to shower more than once a day, therefore extra towels should be given!

Animation team - THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY HOLIDAY! they were amazing!!!! their shows were so funny, and they each put in 100%. You will be in tears of laughter! The animation team make an effort with guests and talk to them, get to know them and there always ensuring theres a good atmosphere. If you watch the shows - you have to keep an eye out for TONI, he was hilarious!!!!!!!!

All inclusive - Food was fab on the first day, but after the 3rd day i hated it. It was repetitive, greasy and i eventually had enough! I recommend you go early, because some guests are so rude they bump into you and run for food and have no manners. The gourmet meal is terrible, it was a waste of time. The food was not to my liking, but thats because it was just full of sea food and the pork was too much.
I recommend doing all the activities, the animation team are in charge and you will really enjoy it.

Overall, I would say hotel is 4*, but rooms are 3*.
food isn't so good
alcohol didn't taste nice
and also - THE BEDS WERE TERRIBLE!!!!!! EVERY MORNING MY BACK WAS IN PAIN, AND THE LACK OF SLEEP WAS A REAL LET DOWN BECAUSE THE BEDS WERE SO HARD - FELT LIKE I WAS SLEEPING ON BRICKS!!!!!
but the ANIMATION TEAM WERE BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Room Tip: Bungalows were nice and ocean view is AMAZING!!!!!! (room 2129)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank parveen s
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Just had a week at this hotel and really enjoyed it. We had a bungalow with a full sea view and it was absolutely stunning, right on the sea, the bungalow was lovely and clean, bathroom a bit to be desired, because they had put window in wrong place, shower was half way down the wall, but hey ho thats greece for you. The maid even came on a night turned down the bed and put two little sweets on the corner of the bedding, nice touch. Food absolutely excellent anybody who goes to this hotel and moans about the food, they have a serious problem, there was something for everybody.
ANIMATION TEAM Everyone of them are all brilliant, they work so hard with the children and the adults, they do not pester you if you dont want to join in, let me tell you they earn every penny and they are all so cheerful always got a smile on there face. All the staff were very helpful, nothing too much trouble, would I go back most definately. Thank you to all concerned.
Customer service second to none, somebody said in one review staff was rude (er dont think so)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Get a Bungalow WITH A FULL SEA VIEW, as some of the bungalows are at the back, you do pay a little b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linda2360
norfolk
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just returned from the creta panorama and mare and as my title suggests this hotel has good points and some bad.
We were located in the mare part of the hotel which at first was not happy about but as it turned out the rooms were big,clean and had beautiful views.
Good points about this hotel has to be the cleanliness and the staff who work hard,also the various pools and great animation team.
Bad points has to be the food and restaurants, this was very disappointing as this is one of the things we look for in a hotel.
I think the hotel needs to look at this as at times staff were just overwhelmed by the amount of people and could not keep up, also so many people at once made the dining room chaotic with people knocking into each other and made eating not the relaxed experience it should be.
Food was also very often cold and was not replenished quickly enough.

This was a great shame as we had a great holiday but this reason would probably not make us want to return.
Also this hotel needs to advertise that it is not suitable for people with walking difficulties as the site is large with lots of steps and slopes.

Please don't let my review put you off as we did have a good holiday and the place does grow on you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from our holiday just had a wonderful time thus hotel was fab from the service food and entertainment we couldn't of wanted for any more we will definitely will be returning thank you for a great time

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Denisandfriends
Newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Before I start this review please remember I am writing this as a solo traveller so my opinion will probably differ from couples/families.

Firstly the positives - staff were 5*, cleaniness 4*, food 3* at best.

Now to the nitty gritty.

The dining room as a previous reviewer has stated was a nightmare - like a cattle market. There were so many Russians who were just so rude it was unbelievable. There was a lot of choice for food but unfortunately none of it was hot. I tried all the eggs - boiled (overcooked), scrambled (like rubber and cold), cheese omelette (thinner than a pancake and cold). Could not say any meal was great.

The hotel room was spotless however the shower was a nightmare - no real pressure and trying to get it to hit me rather than the wall was a challenge in itself - which I never won.

The animation team seemed to be fantastic but as I did not participate can't really comment.

Sunbeds were a challenge one morning however I sat on my towel in the garden area and a manager did come over and asked if I would like a sunbed and five minutes later it was duly delivered - it was thrown at the ground but at least I got one - have to say this was the only member of staff that was sullen.

Bar staff - fantastic. Yes Maria at Zorbas within half a day knew what I liked to drink. Lobby bar also very nice.

Beds - Yes they are hard I asked for a topper - got one but to be honest didn't make much difference.

The grounds in the hotel are fantastic, I don't think I saw it all.

Do go on the landrover safari it is worth it - George the driver was great.

Also big hello to Micia the rep - Northern girl - lovely

If I had to rate the hotel out of 10 - I would give it a 7 - don't think its 4* rating
If I had to rate Crete - 8*

Would I return - probably not. But again I have to say for couples and families who enjoy the animation etc it is probably a great place to go.

Room Tip: I was on 5th floor every room has a sea view which is a plus
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank chriswhit56
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent stay at our IBEROSTAR Creta Panorama hotel as the vision of our guests is the key to complete guest satisfaction and reviews like yours are very helpful to know how our guests experienced their stay.

We deeply regret that our buffet couldn´t meet your expectations, mainly because the quality and the diversity of our culinary offer counts to our strengths and we wish that our gastronomy remains a very special treat for our guests.
We took good note of your comments related to our restaurant and we passed them to the responsible of our F&B department in order to revise and improve.

Further, we are sorry to hear that you found imperfections in the room, and we lament not to have been informed about the shower issue during your stay. For our technical department, responsible for the maintenance and care of the installations it is an honor to may solve any little failure that is produced at our hotel.

On the other hand we would like to thank you for your kind words towards our staff. As all of them work very hard, striving to surpass guest expectations, we will definitely pass on your satisfaction with their services. They will surely be honored to be mentioned positively in your review.

Last but not least, we are glad to hear that you value so highly the beautifulness of our hotel grounds, and the cleanliness of your room, as for IBESROSTAR thorough cleaning is an absolute must and it is of prime importance to offer total confidence in this area, we will definitely pass on your satisfaction to our housekeeping staff and strongly thank you for highlighting these points on your review.
Finally, we would like to offer you a personalized guidance through our call center for any upcoming holidays planning, to be able to offer you the kind of hotel and services to make all your dream vacations come true.

Friendly Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panormos
Creta Maris Beach Resort
Kiani Beach Resort
Kiani Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Kalami
Mitsis Laguna Exclusive Resort & Spa

Been to Iberostar Creta Panorama & Mare? Share your experiences!