“Hello Manolis and Family”

Kastro Cretan Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Panormos
Cuisines: Greek, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cretan cuisine has a long standing tradition dating back centuries ago and is directly connected to the production of high quality agricultural and cattle farming products. Savor the variety, delicacy and high quality of the guaranteed cuisine of Kastro! We always use extra virgin olive oil, as required by the famous Cretan diet. Our restaurant has been awarded with the label "cretan cuisine" by the Agronutritional Cooperation of the Region of Crete. It therefore, has all the prerequisites that will definitely initiate you to the delicious world of savory experiences, which will absolutely impress you. "Perfect Cretan food in a friendly environment in an idyllic verandah" and "impeccable service by jovial and polite people", are characteristic comments shared in the internet by our visitors. Kastro Restaurant is a first class choice for people relishing a daily excursion and wish to savor high quality traditional cuisine.
Newcastle upon tyne
“Hello Manolis and Family”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at the Creta Panorama hotel near to Panormos as a solo traveller and before going checked this site and decided I would definitely pay a visit to this restaurant - so glad I did. Went on Saturday around 5.00 pm and obviously it was quiet at that time. Was greeted by Manolis with a welcome bottle of water after the climb up the hill. I was definitely going to have the snails which I had read about and was recommended the greens and the sun dried tomatoes. Whilst waiting I was given bread and dips - the beetroot one was to die for! Then the snails - all 36 of them - yes I counted! Cooked in rosemary and lemon absolutely fantastic. Then the raki came which Manolis shared with me and then a lovely desert. All of this plus a half litre of red wine for 17 euros. I asked Manolis if I could take the snail shells with me - to decorate a wall - which he did and asked for a photo when finished and yes Manolis you know who I am now and I will send the photo - and also I ate the last remaining snails on my balcony watching the sun set at 8.30. So Manolis thank you for a lovely meal and to anyone in the area of Panormos please go to Kastro - warm welcome awaits and lovely food

• Visited June 2013
Manolis V, Owner at Kastro Cretan Cuisine, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear chriswhit56

Really looking forward to see you again and offer you the best service we can!
I'm expecting a photo from your wall decoration with the snail shells !!!

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Panormos, Greece
“Great Hospitality”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

A wonderfully welcoming friendly Taverna in a cute little Cretan village. Its certainly worth a visit (or two).

• Visited June 2013
Dear Martin

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Most beautiful taverna in Panormo”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lovely setting sitting under jasmine and Borgonvillia.
Very friendly family run business, lots of attention and even "Dad" who opened the restaurant years ago came to meet us.
Lovely choice of food and good local wine for 3 euros a half caraffe.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Robin C
Manolis V, Owner at Kastro Cretan Cuisine, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Robin

Panormo Milopotamou
Taverna Kastro.
“Best in Panormos”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful welcome. Superb Cretan food especially zucchini balls,stuffed vine leaves ,chicken in lemon sauce and lamb in tomato sauce. Ate there 10 times. No cats!

Visited May 2013
Manolis V, Owner at Kastro Cretan Cuisine, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear friend,

I appreciate your comments regarding your visit to taverna Kastro on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our customers. Thank you for your multiple choices to eat to our place. I am glad you enjoyed visting our place. Really looking forward to see you again!

Friendly Regards,
Manolis Taverna Kastro.
BOURNEMOUTH
“Best restaurant in Panormos”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We were in Crete 4 weeks. We ate in Kastro every 3-4 days. We tried other restaurants in the village but Kastro was the BEST. It is the little extras, cold water and glasses arrive as we sit down. Bread with 3 spreads while waiting for food to cook. A special experience.

• Visited May 2013
Dear Brianh,

I appreciate your comments regarding your visit to taverna Kastro on TripAdvisor ! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our customers. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to our place. Really looking forward to see you again and offer you the best service we can!

Best Regards,