“Great holiday”

Paradise Costa Taurito
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Mogan
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Having returned from a 10 night holiday to this hotel on the 23rd July this is the first chance we have had to look at the reviews. This hotel does not deserve the bad comments made from other people. We had a great time at this hotel. It was clean, the staff were great - you just need to speak to them politely and ask for things rather than expect or demand. The reception staff, especially Davinia couldn't do more to make your stay very comfortable and enjoyable. The same can be said of the bar and restaurant staff. Unfortunately there is only one person serving at the bars but if you are polite and ask for a drink you will get one almost immediately. Unfortunately as the bar is all inclusive people go to the bar and ask for 20 drinks at once- and we did witness this- sadly all from British people who wished to simply get drunk very quickly and consume as much alcohol as possible.

Do not let other reviews put you off this hotel, it is lovely, there are plenty of beds and chairs by the pool, again the Brits "bag" the beds by 9am if they can. However, there are always chairs and tables vacant and Ambrose at the pool bar is happy to serve you drinks and snacks if you simply ask her politely! (i.e. manners)

The views from the room were great and there was always something to entertain you if wished or you can sit elsewhere in the hotel to have some "quiet" time. The food was fantastic every day. There is always a large variety of salads and hot food. There is always soup, at least 2 different types of fish - superbly cooked, meat - at least two or three different dishes and cooked in front of you, always chips and pasta available and different types of veg. I personally don't know what more you can ask for. The sweets were a bit samey but there was always a variety of cake, ice cream, jelly and blancmange and fruit.

The sea - yes the sea is cold but we would be concerned if it burnt our skin wouldn't we?! It was lovely, the sea was clear and there were lots of children in it, the sand was hot but that is to be expected when the sun shines - one reason we go on holiday!!

The animation team - yes they were Dutch but very good English and very nice too. The only thing we would suggest to the hotel is to have tea and coffee facilities in the rooms - but again if you ask reception they can provide you with a kettle.

All in all a fab hotel and if you want reps then stay in the UK and go to Butlins! The staff did everything a rep could do. We would definitely go back to this hotel. We had a lovely time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Vicky L

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Just returned from 14 nights. Generally hotel is ok - with several improvements, the complex could be significantly better for everyone.

Rooms - fine - standard 2 single beds and a camp bed for our 4 year old daughter. Cleaned 6 days . 3 euros for a safe

Pool - almighty scramble for beds. Opens at 9.00am - all taken by 9.05 am.

Poolside bar - Staff work very hard but have the impossible task of serving drinks , cooking and serving snacks. Only 1 member of staff working at any one time. Be prepared to wait for drinks and snacks

Food - Evening dinner a big let down. Quality of food is ok but the choice is severely limited to pork , pasta and fish (even on theme nights)!

Entertainment - thoroughly enjoyable but like other reviewers have commented, you will not get a seat after 7.40 PM. Only 2 drinks allowed from bar at any time (seriously annoying when you have 2 adults and a child in your party)

Overall would not rush back - from October the hotel will be adult only anyway. The sister hotel , Lago , is much better suited to families and is the hub of all daytime entertainment.

Room Tip: No rooms have pool or sea view
4  Thank 9ALWAYSONTHEMOVE
Reviewed August 3, 2013

As a family, with 3 teenage children, we stayed at the Paradise Costa Taurito for 10 nights from 22nd July 2013. The hotel is clean, all staff are polite and friendly. The rooms are spacious enough and cleaned every day. That's the good bit over. Would I stay again... NO, would i reccomend it to anyone.... NO. The food was poor and there was very little for children to choose from. If you don't like fish or pasta there was little else. The hotel entertainment is either nil or at least poor. The main entertainment is shared by 3 hotels and is a short walk away. That's not a problem, as there are shops and things to look at along the way. When you get there, there are no seats unless you arrive before 7.30 pm. The queues at the bar are long. There is only 1 toilet for men and 1 toilet for women, needless to say, you have to plan your time there. The waterpark is free to enter but sunbeds cost 2 euros each per day. The water is warm but is sea water. My children did not like the sea water and we only went once to the water park. The nearby beach is nice. The water sports are not cheap. The sea itself is very cold and often rough. The depth increases quickly so it is not safe for young children or weak swimmers. We tried snorkelling but could only see a few feet because of the turbulent water. Back to the hotel. The pool is nice and clean. It is not sea water, which is a plus. There are not enough sunbeds and the fight for them starts at 8.30 each morning. There are no reps in this hotel and poolside entertainment is provided by the Dutch animation team. There is pistol shooting, archery, water polo and a few other games. Not brilliant. The penalty for failure is having to perform a 'chicken dance' in front of everyone, so most people didn't bother entering anything. Oh, and the latest game, spitting an ice cube as far as possible !!! This just about sums up the place for me. There are several other hotels in this location, so I would try one of those instead.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel, 2 floors on one side and 4 floors on the other. A ground floor room may be qu...
3  Thank Mick G
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here for one week from 13 th July. Taurito is geared up for young families I would say with the water park the only attraction in the resort. But despite this myself and 23 year old daughter had a lovely time. The hotel was always very clean. Our room got cleaned daily. Towels changed every day if you left them in bath / on floor. Beach towel provided at a cost and deposit so we took
Magic towels. Safe provided for a deposit of 10 euro.
Reception staff always polite and helpful. Which is more than could be said for pool bar maid , she prefers to serve the men!!! Would keep women waiting til you got assertive ! Then ok. Pool quite small but with children in playing could be cramped. (I believe from nxt season hotel going adult only. ) No bagging sun beds allowed before the is pool open for use at 9am ! Lol towels removed.
Food ok lots of salads daily to choose from and they were lovely some of the hot choices not so good but can honestly say there was always something good to choose at mealtimes. Desserts v good.
We hired a car for two days to explore the island . A must do especially if you interested
In archeology truly amazing. We googled good beaches before our trip and found some fabulous ones. Puerto Mogan a lovely beach and good for shops if that your thing and some great restaurants there too. Hope this helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view. Room 210 very good !
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tiggy6288
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just returned from 10 nights at the Costa Taurito. My husband, son (16) and myself had a wonderful holiday. The room was basic but very clean. Nice large bathroom. Don't think you'd get a seaview in any of the rooms because of the sister hotel in front. Food was fine for me and hubby. Could always find something to eat. Fussy 16 year old lived on chips even though there was pizza, spag bol, jacket potatoes etc. 1st week we were there, there wasn't a problem with sunbeds. Pool didn't open till 9 and there was no one queueing. Following week after the schools had finished, queueing started earlier everyday. Word of warning - if you put towels on the beds before the pool opens they are taken off.
Must give a mention to the brilliant animation team - especially Michael that was working at the Costa. He made everyone feel involved, even if like myself you didn't join in any of the games.
If you like walking on holiday this is not the place to go unless you like the odd game of chicken with the buses that speed along the very bendy and narrow roads. Its bad enough being on the bus!!
Overall for the price we paid we had a very good holiday.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We (my two kids and I) got back yesterday from a lovely week staying at the Paradise Costa Taurito hotel, which we booked through teletext holidays. Our room was lovely, kept very clean and the air conditioning was fab. The staff were very friendly and I was very impressed with their language ability. Their English was much better than our Spanish! We stayed all inclusive and the food was plentiful and well prepared with lots of choice. We needed an early breakfast on our leaving day and this was well done as well. The pool was well maintained and there were plenty of sun loungers and parasols for everyone. We spent a lot of time in the pool, and it wasn't crowded, perhaps because of the waterpark attached to the hotel complex. We visited the water park - which we got into free as we were all inclusive. A word of warning - the water in this park is salt water, which my kids weren't that fond of. However, the slides were brilliant fun!
The beach was within very short walking distance and there are loungers and parasols for hire if you want - which we did as the sun was so hot we needed some shade. The beach had a lifeguard which made me feel a bit safer for the kids, especially as the waves coming in were sometimes quite strong.
There was entertainment on every night, which was fab, but if that's not your thing then I wouldn't worry too much as with the windows shut (which you had to do to in order for the air conditioning to work) you couldn't hear it so it didn't disturb our sleep. There were free kids clubs every day, but I can't comment on them as my kids didn't want to go!
We didn't want to leave at the end of the week

3  Thank rachel0476
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my first holiday in 10 years, as I'm only 18 it wasn't that good for my age group. There wasn't much to do as in night life I thought Porto rico had a better night life. The staff at paradise were lovely and helped you with anything they could. The animation team were brilliant and lovely people especially Michael! The shows were great and there's something for everyone. The food was basic not horrible but I just ate the same thing everyday. There's activities everyday for both adults and children. The all inclusive drinks wasn't what I expected so I paid for most of my drinks. The water park was ace the slides are great although you have to pay extra for sun loungers it was still good! Overall I really enjoyed it and I got a tan and I would recommend it to family's more than 18-25s:)

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mogan
Cala Blanca
#1 of 2 in Puerto de Mogan
Hotel Puerto de Mogan THe Senses Collection
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Gran Canaria, Mogan
Mogan Princess & Beach Club

Been to Paradise Costa Taurito? Share your experiences!