First I have to admit we are Diamond members, so for us this was an obvious choice, however if you arn't a member and get the chance to stay here then I would definatley take it, just be aware that Diamond are basically a time share/holliday ownership company and will be keen to sell there products to you. Our experiences with Diamond havn't always been great (more over administration and some of their tactics in the early days), however as we have started to use them more over the past few years my confidence in them has grown, and I can't fault any of the accomadations we've visited thus far. Ownership isn't for everyone though so think long and hard. As for this particular hotel it is fantastic, the staff are so very friendly and always happy to help, be it advice on where to visit, where to eat or simply ordering a taxi. The bar staff are just as friendly and hold many themed evenings (we didn't attend many but everyone seemed quite happy with them). The bar also has two happy hours a day at 17:00 and 22:00, with by one, get one free drinks which is very good value. The hotel food is good value and quite nice and the resteraunt is open till 23:00, which was handy on the first evening when we landed quite late. Most other evenings we ventured into Pueto Mogan to the harbour side where there is a great range of places offering quality food (we reccomend Basils Bistro as the best of the lot). The pool area is clean and has a life gaurd at all times to give you that sense of safety. The one complaint here would be the lack of sunbeds and fact that there appears to be no managment of this, for us this isn't that important as generally we go exploring with the kids but it would have been nice the odd time we were at the poolside to have somewhere to sit etc. Our room was of such a high standard, with a modern finish, all the mod cons and a balcony and view to die for. All in all this is the perfect place for a chilled out family holliday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the rugged mountains and sparkling ocean, many of Cala Blanca's comfortable accommodations—which benefit from satellite TVs and feature full kitchens—enjoy wonderful views from tiered balconies of the exotic fauna and flora and volcanic craters of Gran Canaria, truly one of the last European paradise isles. Indeed, Cala Blanca is a stylish resort in an elegant and much sought after vacation location boasting tranquil days and nights along the black sand beach of Playa Taurito; sheltered by the headlands, it's the perfect place to wile away the hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Cala Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Cala Blanca Hotel Mogan
- Hotel Cala Blanca
- Cala Blanca Gran Canaria/Mogan