My wife and I had a lovely week at Cala Blanca recently.
We were pleased with our week's stay there, but above all, from the moment we arrived, mid- Saturday evening, until the day we left, seven days later, the staff at Cala Blanca were EXCELLENT.
Everybody we met from the reception staff, the maintenance people and the housekeeping staff were superb. Lots of smiling faces and a good morning/afternoon etc whenever we met them PLUS, if we had a query(no complaints, we hasten to add) it was dealt with quickly and efficiently by whoever we spoke to. The apartment was lovely and fully met our needs and although we only ate in the restaurant a couple of evenings we found the food and service very good. The barbecue on the Thursday was very good value for money.
Our apartment was at the bottom of the complex, near the road, and having read reviews from others were a little unsure of what to expect. However everything was fine and we heard very little road noise and as we live in a very rural area, traffic noise can be offputting. In fact we used it to our adavntage a couple of times for catching buses into Puerto de Mogan. When one goes down, another will follow in around 10/15mins - just time to walk to the bus stop. We believe the new motorway extension may be taking some of the traffic away.
Our only minor gripe, but it didn't affect us was the 'towel brigade 'appeared to be in evidence - 10 people in the pool or in the restaurant/bar, but far more more towels out. This was despite being told on day 2 that they would be removed. It was not busy when we were there so not a problem but...
The shuttle service is excellent and you are provided with a little pass. If you want to eat in Puerto de Mogan for example, you could get the shuttle down and either the public bus back(1.40Euros one way) or, for around 7/10Euros, depending on the lateness, you can get a taxi back. I also agree with other people that the road up to Cala Blanca from the bus stop is NOT to be recommended in darkness.
We had seen one or two mixed reviews prior to going but we were very pleased with our holiday here and will go again. All too often it is the complaints that we read/hear about but definitely NOT on this occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the rugged mountains and sparkling ocean, many of Cala Blanca's comfortable accommodations—which benefit from satellite TVs and feature full kitchens—enjoy wonderful views from tiered balconies of the exotic fauna and flora and volcanic craters of Gran Canaria, truly one of the last European paradise isles. Indeed, Cala Blanca is a stylish resort in an elegant and much sought after vacation location boasting tranquil days and nights along the black sand beach of Playa Taurito; sheltered by the headlands, it's the perfect place to wile away the hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cala Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Cala Blanca Hotel Mogan
- Hotel Cala Blanca
- Cala Blanca Gran Canaria/Mogan