“Not a 4 * hotel”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mastichari
Mold, United Kingdom
“Not a 4 * hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited this hotel in june 2013, on arrival looked quite nice then as we got to our room was very dissapointed, first of all beds were rock hard, when we had showers we had to put towels on the floor from stopping the kids and adults from slipping and breaking our necks. Rooms are very basic bunkbeds for the children not really ideal, we had a ground floor room and view from balcony was a bit of grass with a hedge in front of us. Grounds are ok and kept tidy and clean, food was nice and plenty of choice for everyone, entertainment was rubbish and would say that this hotel is much more suited to russians and germans, as there were only 3 english families in the hotel of our whole 2 week stay. Although Staff and management were friendly, pleasant and hard working.

5 Thank AnnD889

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We spent one week at this resort, which is situated just next to nice clean sandy beach.

I was little bit afraid of the food because of some previous reviews, but it was excellent! Wide number of choices from fruit and vegetables, through meat to sweets. Since breakfast, through lunch to dinner. You can find something new at each meel. Also seafood (shrimps, calamari, mussels) was available in all inclusive! Fish available each day. And wide variety of alcoholic and not alcoholic drinks was available all the day.

Room was regularly cleaned each day, the area of resort as well. The services and room equipment is very close to ****. Satelite TV, individual air conditioning, hair dryer, etc.

I was amazed by very abundant animation program, which takes place 6 days per week since morning till night. Not only for children but also for parents and whole families. (Aerobick, darts competition, beach voleyball, etc., etc.) And evenings shows...

Somebody may dislike, the nearest village with shops and restaurants is 4 km faraway. But if you plan to spent restful vacation with children, it's not a problem. You can always rent a car or to use public bus.

Only one inadequacy was Internet connection. There is paid (expensive) Internet at special computers at lobby and free but very very slow and mostly overloaded Wi-Fi also only in lobby. Increasing capacity of Wi-Fi and covering also the both swiming-pools area would really apreciated not only by teens...

Overall, we spent very nice week over there, with lot of food, drinks, rest and nice trips by car over the island.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank svitek
Pilsen, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I just came back from this hotel and I really enjoyed the stay over there. It was my first experience with Greek island and Greece at all. I was kind of afraid, but finally I was really relaxing vacation. I stayed for 12 days and could stay even more. I followed mostly all the animation activities, which I very appreciate, especially the "balls" (boules). Also the evening shows were great, so the team Martin, Mido, Vika etc. were amazing. We loved the taverna to eat outside and the special straight from grill.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eva B
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I am sorry this is not 4**** resort !!!
Food is not good every day the same !!!
I never experienced such disorganized Hotel or Resort in my live if I go to motel 8 I have a what I pay for here no way !!!
Beach is ok you have to pay for chairs and towels in 4**** resort is not normal .
The only good in this resort is Eastern European Staff They work hurt !!!
I will never come back for sure .

3 Thank Bella68Bella68

Travelers are raving about these Mastichari hotels

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I spent in this hotel 2 weeks in June 2013 with my husband and 2 year-old son.
Overall we are satisfied with our stay. According to the Greek standards it deserves 4 stars (of course it is not west european 4*).

Hotel: clean but not new, be aware of the fact that it was built many years ago.
Climate: in June the wind was really strong, 10 days out of 14 our son did not want to stay on the beach, because it was too cold for him (and it was 30 degreees Celsius :)
Coming to the details: our room was basic but clean.
Staff was really kind, helpful.
Food: breakfast was poor - apart from eggs and bread which was really tasty and fresh, all the rest (sausages, cheese, etc.) was rather of poor quality; lunch and dinner I found tasty, and really enjoyed the greek cuisine, greek salad, meat from grill and sometimes even prawns prepared in ouzo (delicious!). The big minus is that between meal there is nothing to eat apart from little cookies (the same all the time) and ice-cream at 4 pm.There are also some sandwiches but were awful and looked not fresh. Beverages - ok., all from the machines, local fanta, sprite, cola, etc. Also local alkohols to prepare drinks. Good wine.
Location - the hotel is not situated in any village, so if you want to leave the hotel in the evening, there is nothing to do (2 car rentals, 2 shops with souvenirs). You have to walk 10 minutes to the bus stop, and the bus comes a few times a day but it happens it comes earlier or later than in the schedule. You can also walk along the beach to reach the nearby villages, but it takes about an hours one way, so with out little child we did not try :)
Animation: animation team is really active - there are a few animation for children during the day, but only in german, russian, english, animators encourage also adults to play volleyball, to do aerobics and so on. In the evenings there is disco for childer and also some competitions for adults (choosing miss of the hotel, etc.)
Beach: sandy, not big, but good enough, water clean, a few stones in the water but if you pass it, there is only sand.
Tip: take with you all the medecines you may need in case you catch a cold because the nearest pharmacy in in the Kos town :) (we were all ill in the first week perhaps because of the wind and cold drinks).

Room Tip: before your coming, write an e-mail to the hotel asking for the room on the first floor, which is in...
3 Thank Anna F
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I havent spent such a great summer vacation for a long time. I am definetly comming back again.The service is excelent there but the food was kind of boring. I would recommend it to my friends and I can not wait to come back next year.

Room Tip: The bungalovs are the best.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have just got back from a week here with my Mrs and our daughter, The hotel was exceptionally clean, we arrived late at night and they couldn't find our booking. The staff were excellent and put us in a room till the morning. Both rooms we stayed in were basic but very clean with every thing working an looking in solid-state of repair. There are two down falls to this hotel, the location and the food. Due to a high volume of German guests the food was focused towards them but even if it was british, greek or Italian food I still think it would of been cooked bad. The salad bar was prob the best area for me. Overall this is a fantastic hotel with polite and very helpful staff who seem like enjoy working there. I don't think I would go back due to the food and location which is a shame

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Garethflood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mastichari
Gaia Royal Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,173 reviews
Sovereign Beach Hotel
Sovereign Beach Hotel
#16 of 39 in Kardamena

Been to Princess of Kos? Share your experiences!