“Mastichari Bay Hotel - a fabulous experieince”

Mastichari Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Mastichari
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Mastichari Bay Hotel - a fabulous experieince”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Although my daughter, Alyson did the bookings it was a family holiday with 15 of us!!
On the scale of 10 being excellent and 0 being very disappointing.

We had a fabulous holiday thank you, the attention to detail from the moment we arrived. Having food available for us on arrival despite our arrival being delayed, the receptionists remembering little bits of information about us and referring to them during the week, making us feel valued customers. 10

The lady who looked after our accommodation worked so hard and the place was spotlessly clean then she still found time to arrange the towels into animals etc and flowers - what a lovely surprise. Accommodation and cleaning 10

The gardens are just a sheer delight with so many magnificent flowers and beautifully maintained. 10

The pool area was always clean and tidy 10 Although I think there should be someone in control especially when "the boys" arrived and started to dive in from the rocks at the shallow end where a lot of children were swimming. I congratulate you on keeping the sunbeds towel free!!!

The restaurant - we generally used the area opposite the lifts and the staff there were absolutely magnificent as was the manager - for the staff the speed of their service, their politeness, their friendliness I award them 15 ;-)

Food was very very good although as someone who only likes "plain" food, meat that isn't covered in spices and sauces there were a couple of days when my only option was chips - however for the family as a whole 10.

What can I say about the brilliant entertainer Ali baba? Such talent and energy, with an excellent assistant in Petr I have to award them 20 ;-) The lady in the team was I understand very good with the children's programme but struggled with the evening entertainment.

I have just two areas that I think deserve a little criticism - the actual entertainment area/stage, Ali baba deserves a better stage area, with improved lighting and sound system and backstage facilities - perhaps the next improvement scheme - and the table tennis area, poor lighting and everywhere is white making it very difficult to see the ball.

I make that a total of 85 out of out of 70! a clear indication of just how much we enjoyed our stay and I would have no hesitation in recommending Mastichari Bay Hotel as an excellent holiday destination.

Richard, Anne,
Alyson, Gemma, Ashley
Wendy, Ken, Emilie, Kacey
Wes, Shauna, Harrison, Grace, Lucas & Bethany

Room Tip: All the rooms are good with either sea or garden views, some rooms have both
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
15 Thank bandmaster1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bristol
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I stayed in Mastichari bay hotel with my husband and three daughters (aged 11-16).
Absolutely loved the hotel location-pretty much on the beach and 5 mins down the road has a hut to hire kite/windsurfing equipment.
Great vibe at the pool/bar area and mix in ages, elderly and young children.
Also my daughters loved the entertainment in the day time which included stretching on the pier, aqua gymnastics and water polo. It was also all very amusing to watch as Ali Baba who worked on the entertainment team was so hard working and funny!
The only negative points I can think of is:
Lack of air conditioning in the gym and table tennis area of the hotel and not enough sunbeds around the pool for too many people.

• Stayed August 2014
8 Thank Melandfamily1
Düsseldorf, Deutschland
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Mastichari bay hotel has
Nice garden
Good food
Good service
Clean/Simple functional room ( sea view is very nice)
A bit full in July and the private/ public beach is ok
Prices are fair
Helpfull and very friendly staff and management

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank pedtravel
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had such a good week here at the beginning of June. First and foremost there is such a happy vibe about the place. Young families, young couples and older couples - a lovely mix of lovely people.

The bedrooms are spacious, bright and fresh and the standard of housekeeping is very high; and our housekeeper was a lovely friendly lady who I'm so pleased to have met. Good sized balcony from which we were lucky enough to have a sea view, with wonderful sunsets. Bathroom attractive too with a good strong shower.

The grounds are lovely, beautiful well maintained gardens, all extremely attractive and buildings in a greek style with white paint and coloured trimmings.

The location is perfect; just 5 minutes walk from the harbour and village. Lots of shops, tavernas and bars in the village and boats from the harbour to the sponge island of Kalymnos which takes approx. 30 mins (slightly more or less depending on if you take the speed boat or the ferry). There is also a bus stop outside the hotel for a very comfortable air-conditioned bus into Kos town, which takes less than 30 mins and costs less than 3 Euros.

Ali Baba who heads the animation team works so hard to ensure everyone has a good time, children and adults alike. I admire his skill and energy.

All the staff are super friendly and helpful. The reception team went out of their way to help with booking a scuba diving trip and with confirming our return transfer to the airport.

There is a good variety of food at breakfast and lunch. If I had one slight criticism it would be that there is little on offer for vegetarians at dinner. But on the last evening there were 2 vegetarian dishes which were delicious - I'm wondering if I may have just missed these options on previous evenings. Also there were very few English people staying - actually I wasn't aware of anyone else - and for sure no big English tour operators go there. So perhaps there was less demand for vegetarian dishes amongst people staying at the time. Anyway, this is a comment rather than a criticism - plenty of fresh salads and vegetables, lovely breads and delicious fruit and desserts so no-one will ever go hungry.

So - in a nutshell - I feel blessed to have found myself in this lovely corner of the world with such lovely people.

Room Tip: I don't know how much extra sea view rooms cost but if affordable I would definitely recommend...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Shirley G
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed in Mastichari Bay hotel with my teenage daughter and we both absolutely loved it. The staff was very nice, helpful and available, the rooms comfortable, spacious and clean. We asked for a room with a seaview but unfortunately there weren't any available for that period so they gave us a room with a garden view instead, but it actually had a seaview as well.

The restaurant was nice with a lovely view and the food was delicious and the variety to choose from was wide. There was always fresh fruit available too. There was a note that invited guests to dress for the dinner (= no shorts for men) which we found nice.

The entertainment was good in our opinion, enough to do but they weren't too pushy with it. We particularly liked the morning gymnastics out on the pier, aquagym and beach volley. Once tried the hotel gym as well, which was ok too but didn't go twice.

We tried to think of negative points and came with two:
1. the mattresses were a bit too hard
2. the hotel wifi was pretty bad

So not too serious negative points :-)

We particularly want to thank the hotel cleaning personnel for doing a great job in keeping the whole place extremely clean and tidy!

We had a half-board which was absolutely enough - with the super breakfasts and dinners we really did not need any lunch but just had some snack around lunchtime.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
14 Thank n1nn1
Wokingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is not 4 star by British standards but is a lovely comfortable hotel with wonderful gardens and unbeatable views from the restaurant. It is a very short walk from a sandy beach where you can hire very, very comfortable sunbeds for 2 euros a day. Staff were all excellent apart from thise on reception.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank AliD9
Darvel, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ended up here due to my original hotel being closed. What a shame.LOL.
I can honestly say, I was so happy to be moved here!!
The staff are so good. Professional, kind and generally a credit to their professions. Thank you George, Tania, Vassilli, Said and all the wonderful chefs and waiting staff. You made me so welcome and we had a giggle.
Anyway, I had a gorgeous room with a sea view. The maids do a damn fine job of keeping the hotel immaculate. The gardens are beautiful. Lots of cats around but they don't bother you at all.
The food is some of the best I've ever tasted in a hotel. I miss it so much!!!
The atmosphere is so relaxed and friendly. Quiet but not dead or boring, if you understand what I mean?
Close to the lovely Mastichari village where you will find some of the friendliest people ever. Try some of the local bars and Kenny's to get a real flavour of the local people.
I would love to come back again because I had such a lovely time.
Thanks again.

Room Tip: The sea view is lovely but garden rooms just as good.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank RumblesBird04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mastichari
Eurovillage Achilleas Hotel
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
The Aeolos Beach Hotel
The Aeolos Beach Hotel
#10 of 48 in Kos Town

Been to Mastichari Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!