“lovely self catering apartments”

Agrellis Apartments
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Mastichari
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“lovely self catering apartments”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2010

My partner and I had to get transferred here from the hotel from hell in kefalos (kamari bay hotel). the self catering apartment was spotless and the beds and towells were changed every other day. the staff were really friendly and made us feel really welcome. for a self catering holiday i would definately recommend these apartments, air con, fridge and kettle were in he room and the staff even put a tea towel in there for us.
The pool was spotless, we even watched the owner clean out the pool from our balcony at 7am one morning.
The only fault is the barman (Mick) is a newcastle united fan and kept giving us alan shearer beer mats - i am a sunderland supporter which he knew haha. great place to go to.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Julesnoir

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

when we arrived which was almost midnight we were greeted warmly by the owner who booked us in and showed us to our room, following morning had breakfast which was excellent, throughout our two week stay everyone of the staff was friendly,the room was quite
spacious it had aircon. which we didnt have we thought it was rather expensive tele. was a bit naff in our room, they have a very good bar opened till late and 3 full screen televisions all in english
would definitely recommend anyone to stay
mr. aitch

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mraitch-10
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2009

Got back 2 days ago from Kardamena in Kos.
Kos itself was ok..bit quiet but it was the end of the season so things were winding down.
Weather was great for September..27-30 degrees every day.

The Agrellis appartments:
I only booked there to join 4 other family members..I'd read reviews and was hesitant to book but had to stay in the same place as the family.
Got there at 5 am..the room allocated to us was small, hot, not 100% clean.
I complained...got nowhere.."the hotel is full".
The other 2 couples in the party had 2 bedroom appartments with huge balconies.
I could've lived with that for what we paid I suppose.
As I said, our room was hot and if you wanted the air con switched on..it would've cost 50 euro for the week..I'm not tight..but I didn't want to pay out of principal, silly looking back.
I was waking up every night at 2/3 in the morning...sweating.
I tried sleeping with the patio doors open...mistake! Mosquito's took it as an invite to come and suck bucketfuls of blood out of us.
The room was never cleaned in the week that we were there...I couldn't be bothered to complain as I knew i'd get nowhere.
I couldn't be bothered to unpack my case as there wasn't enough room for 2 of us to unpack at the same time!...so I just lived out of my case.

You had to pay for internet down in the bar...but i managed to pick up some free wifi if i sat with my chair facing the bedroom door : )

The manager and bar manager were friendly enough and we all had a good laugh together.
The pool was nice/clean..plenty of sunbeds around it.
Overall...if you're young and skint on a tight budget...then maybe go for it.
The location is good enough..the bars/restaurants/sea is only a 2 min walk..and the airport is only 10-20 mins away on the bus.
I definately won't be staying there ever again though.
Hope this review helps you decide.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank dam041272
Teesside
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

The hotel has re branded to 2wenty holidays (club 18-30 type) but all the hotel is set up for is to rip off the kids who go. Seats that break when you sit on them then you get charged E50 for a plastic chair. Other guests bedding which is soiled is charged to you at E150 complain and you get thrown out of the hotel. Staff abusive when you take drink from supermarkets to your room. Avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed June 2009