“No Change - still the best restaurant in Kos!”
Review of Akrogiali

Akrogiali
Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Mastichari
Reviewed October 15, 2018

I wrote a glowing review of Akrogiali in July 2017 and after visiting again this year, that review still stands. The food was wonderful, the setting is incredible (Turkey is right opposite and the tables are right by the sea) and the service second-to-none. Oh, and there's a carpark too. I cannot fault this restaurant!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Visited Akrogalia twice for evening meals during our stay at Gaia Palace.

What a fantastic family run restaurant right on the sea front.

Everything we ordered (for four of us) was beautifully fresh and well cooked.

Lovely authentic Greek dishes, beautiful fish (had swordfish and sea bass), great wine and best of all, service from the friendliest most attentive staff, they were brilliant.

Highly recommend giving this place a try.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Ate earlier than usual before heading to the airport for my flight home so I was able to enjoy the lovely sunset from this popular taverna.

The staff are friendly and chatted with diners but also almost became "restaurant touts" trying the draw people walking past in to eat and that really puts me off.

The food and wine was fine and the lengthy menu had something to please everyone.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Has to be one of the most filling, tasty, inexpensive, traditional restaurants on the island, staff amazing, food amazing, setting amazing.
The staff even remembers my kids from 10 years previous when we visited.
Nothing was too much trouble for them

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Dimitris and his staff are first class!
I ate here everyday at lunch time the food is fresh, plentiful and for me very exciting and tasty.
Dimitris and his staff are very attentive and good to be around. I enjoyed the small fish platter for 1 person excellent as also is the Mousakka but all the food was delicious and homemade and for me it was such a special place and I will be back next year for sure.
I did try other tavernas but nothing to compare. The drinks are good prices as is the food prices, at the end of the day you get what you pay for and I can assure you that you must give them a try you won't regret it and it will be a wonderful experience for you all.

Thank you Dimitri , Soula your family and staff for a very warm welcome