Booked this break through Secret Escapes, we were looking for a week of relaxation and we found it. The hotel is a very relaxed place , this is down to the staff and their excellent service to guests,
Always a smile and always willing to help.
Yes it is some way out of Bali but with the shuttle bus it did not feel so remote and on the night we went into Bali we just called the hotel and the bus came to pick us up , great service.
The hotel was full during our week but it never felt that way , plenty of sun beds during the day and always a table for dinner. The food was good, not spectacular but a good quality and from the grill it was really good and always plenty available. Disappointing but easily rectified is the tendency to water down the fresh orange at breakfast and soup at dinner.
Drinks are priced as you would expect in any hotel , more expensive than the resort but not extortionate, a beer was €4.50 for 500ml or € 3.50 during happy hour, cocktails were €7 and €4.50 during happy hour which ran from 17.00 to 18.30 . The bar in the evening was run by Manos , great guy and very enthusiastic .wine with dinner was from €18 bottle.
In the rooms there are no tea making facilities but if you want to take your own tea / coffee they will supply a kettle and cups on request.
Guests were mostly couples, mixed ages and nationalities, mostly UK , German and French
and particularly nice was that there was not the usual reservation of sun beds before dawn,
Long may that continue. We met some really nice people both guests and the guys that work there.
For sure it is not 5 stars as a 5 star hotel in London , but it is certainly a very nice, relaxing resort hotel , with a few tweaks the rooms could be a bit more colourful ( blues and greens) with a bit more of a Greek feel but this is down to preferences.
In conclusion , a nice place to stay with really nice staff ,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Filion Suites Resort and Spa is a tranquil traditionally styled property offering excellent accommodation on a 17 acre plot surrounded by olive trees close to the village of Bali (2,5km). Bali itself has a selection of shops, bars and restaurants and a small, well protected bay that is excellent for swimming and water sports and with a complimentary shuttle bus service 7 times from 09.00am to 18.00 pm daily to the beach, guests can get there with ease ( after 18.00pm taxi service is available with charge). The friendly water sports staff, will welcome the guests for a trip around the bay on a water-ski or fun-ride or take it easy in a canoe or pedalo with local charge. Private yachts, motorboats and catamarans are available for rent and sail, too. Tours/excursions service, wake up service , ironing service and a luggage storage is available. There are plenty of facilities for everyone at the Filion Suites including three large outdoor swimming pools, two outdoor children's pools, tennis court / basketball ground / table tennis, a kids play area, an indoor playroom and a conference hall. The spacious outside area with private terraces overlooking the beautiful gardens provide stunning views of the majestic Cretan landscape. Guests will also find an internet corner and those with their own computer can enjoy Wi-Fi connection (charge) in the lobby area and around the pool. The hotel offers also currency facilities to change on-site and the reception stuff will advise you how to visit the famous Cretan sightseeing. If you are looking for ultimate relaxation during your holiday then head for the Filion Suites Resort and Spa. Here you can refresh and revitalize the body and mind with a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure or even a new hairdo (charge). There are a number of private treatment rooms, a sauna and an indoor swimming pool. Spa Packages and Skin Care Services are also available (Entrance and use of Spa area is allowed to people 16 years old and above) . With so much to do at the Filion Suites Resort and Spa you will definitely work up an appetite and a thirst! Luckily there are two excellent restaurants, a bar and a snack bar for your convenience. In addition the resort presents regular entertainment music and show nights. Swimming pools The property has three outdoor fresh water swimming pools and two outdoor pools for children. Poolside deckchairs, umbrellas and towel service are available free of charge. There is also an indoor pool (not heated ) and Jacuzzi in the spa area. Eating and drinking The hotel's main restaurant (Non-smoking area) offers Greek and Mediterranean cuisine for breakfast and dinner, all buffet style. Guests on half board basis should note that in our dinner buffet all Drinks are excluded. Dress code: Gentlemen are kindly required to enter the restaurant with long trousers and shirts. Alternatively you can enjoy at lunchtime Greek specialities in the open air a la carte restaurant / snack bar with some of the dishes cooked right before your eyes. There is a poolside bar, and offers a selection of coffee, juices, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and ice cream. Accommodation The brand new resort hotel has 58 superior double rooms with large balconies, 44 one bedroom family suites and 3 two bedroom villas - with their own private pool. All double rooms, suites & villas are designed to reflect the resort's colourful charm & tranquillity offer to our guests a contemporary sense of luxury and retain in harmony the traditional character and architecture of Crete. Retreat to one of the 94 modern rooms, suites and villas and experience the most picturesque accommodation experience. All rooms have daily maid service and 12hour room service (charge). Superior Double Garden View 2-3 adults Stylishly decorated spacious room with a size of 24sq.m, offer luxurious comforts and elegant amenities to ensure an experience of absolute comfort. Private Balcony offers colourful garden and pool views. Available with twin or king size beds. Family Suites 2 adults + 2 children Those one bedroom superior suites with a size of 38sq.m each feature design and relaxing furniture, separate bedroom with king size bed, spacious living room with double sofa-bed, 2 sat tv set, private balcony, and amazing views. Villas with private Pool 4 adults + 2 children Refreshing and serene colours, contemporary decor highlights, sun filled rooms that feature gorgeous views. Villas are on traditional stone style with a size of 85sq.m and offer the luxury of an individual pool, terrace and garden, feature private entrance, spacious living room with 2 sofa beds and fireplace, 2 bedrooms with king size beds and 2 bathrooms can accommodate up to 6 adults. In Room •Air condition with personal control •LCD Flat Screen SAT TV •Direct Dial Phone / high speed internet access(charge) •Safe •Fridge •Spacious Bathroom with bathtub and crystal cabin shower •Hairdryer •Bathrobes and amenities DVD PLAYER ( SUITES + VILLAS ) Suitable for Couples, friends and Families. Shopping Facilities Everything you might need during your stay, you can find within the village center. The shopping area includes boutiques , jeweler shops to create the perfect outfit for a night out in the town. There are also mini markets / local products shops. Moreover, there are car rental offices (free parking facilities in the resort), for your rides around the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Filion Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Filion Suites Resort And Spa
- Filion Hotel Bali
- Filion Suites Resort & Spa Bali, Crete