This is our first visit as a couple to a mitsis hotel in Rhodes but we have previously stayed approx 6 times at the Norida Beach hotel in Kos with the family and enjoyed it very much so we thought we would go to Rhodes for a change.
Overall the hotel hotel was the same great mitis standard, very clean, room adequate, service excellent.
We booked through Broadway travel this year and transfers from the airport were by coach from Hellenic Island services, unfortunately this was a long laborious journey it took 2 hours to get from the airport to the hotel! Not good when you are travelling late!
We had a lovely sea view room bungalow which was just about the right size for a couple (bit tight round the bed) lovely view over the sea, towels changed everyday, shower gel and saop provided and room spotlessly cleaned, mini bar topped up every other day. room was great location as in between the hotel and beach and not far from the great italian restaurant! The staff Georgia, Jordan and Fenia were excellent and so accommodating, and made us really feel at home, nothing was too much trouble they were so friendly and always made sure we had plenty of drinks and had time for a chat - thanks so much you made our holiday special. We booked the Italian nearly everday at lunchtime as the food was freshly cooked, and it was nice and shady when we came off the beach for lunch ( the fish was lovely). It was nice to get away from the chaos in the main restaurant.
The main restaurant was good, the food was a bit repetitive but quite a few choices, the layout wasn't right though which is I think, why it felt so chaotic. At breakfast you only get coffee served at the table, if you want tea you have to get it yourself, this means carrying a hot pot of tea through the restaurant before you have even got your breakfast- a bit worrying with children running in and out of your feet!
Most of the staff couldn't do enough for you, the main restaurant staff were friendly and helpful and worked very hard and the waiting staff too especially George!! but there were a few slow miserable ones at the bars and serving the food and soemtimes ignored you and unfortunately some very rude Russians who always managed to get anything without a please or thank you. I recommeend to book the chinese restaurant from reception - a lovely change and excellent food. Also, I must mention the helpful staff in the Gelateria, especially the male waiter, he was particularly helpful.(sorry cant remember his name.)
Despina in the beach bar is lovely she works really hard, never ignores you and remembers your drinks and is always there with a smile. We hired towels for 20 euro each- changed every other day at the beach bar. The sea was lovely and clear and beach clean, a bit stoney as you get in the sea, take beach shoes to wear in the water they are great and you can walk accross the very hot sand with ease!
There are a few shops just outside the hotel which makes a pleasent walk in the evening, but not much adult entertainment in the hotel. Visit Lindos it's lovely! sandy beach, and donkey taxis to the acropolis, you can go by taxi 20 euros each way, or on the lovely boat from the beach 15 euros return, or you can go one way and taxi back, lovely trip, takes about 1hour with a couple of pick ups, great scenery, and music while you sail- great value, no need to book. it's alsoworth going for a ride on the land train for 5 euros as it goes a long way round the area for just 5 euros each, makes a few stops, but gives you a chance to look around the area - we did it in the evening, it was a bit cooler and breezy, you catchit outside the hotel by the supermarket opposite.
Thanks for a lovely holiday! We probably wont visit again only because of the jouney from the airport - My last word of advice if you can afford it get a taxi!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The excellent infrastructure, the high quality services and the friendly staff are what make the five-star RODOS MARIS RESORT & SPA a unique family destination. The resort, situated at a short distance from Kiotari, has 432 guestrooms fully renovated in 2010, offering all modern comforts. Whether a guest is looking for action or relaxation holidays, RODOS MARIS is a perfect fit for all tastes! The all-inclusive hotel promises unforgettable holidays, from the tasty cuisine to a wide variety of activities. Guests of all ages can choose between the three fresh water swimming pools and the clean beach. RODOS MARIS welcomes families with a program exclusively designed for children (4-12 years old) and teenagers (12-16 years old) offering unique activities daily. The Wellness Spa is a point of reference at this hotel, with its experienced personnel and its modern state-of-the-art technological equipment, guaranteeing unique moments of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Rodos Maris Kiotari
- Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa Kiotari, Rhodes