My wife and I live in London and were able to find a very good deal on this all inclusive in Rhodes for the last week of October, maybe because it was end of the season. I am a Greek that left Greece on a one-way ticket 15 years ago for studies, job, etc. I have to say that the time spent at Mitsis reminded me of some of the good things of Greece that are currently overshadowed in the public opinion by some not so good things. The hotel caters almost exclusively to non-Greeks so i had the chance to see it from a "foreigner" point of view.
The biggest asset of the hotel are its people. You expect at a 5 star to have fast and effective service from polite staff but at Mitsis employees behave like you are visiting their own home, they develop a relationship with the customer and make the experience unique. I saw that at reception, at the restaurants and at the beach bar, i observed many visitors that go to Mitsis year after year and have become friends with the staff. Talking about people, i have to mention Georgia and Iordanis at the Varka restaurant, Despoina and Michalis at the beach bar, and Tasos Chrisanthos, the guy that feeds 1200 people every day. Thanks for the "parea" and the memories guys, it was a pleasure meeting you all.
Food was great, decent buffet for all meals that was restocked on time and there were no queues longer than 5-6 people. The Varka taverna had authentic atmosphere and tasty treats from the grill and a decent house wine. The hotel in general was very clean and well maintained. I would recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The excellent infrastructure, the high quality services and the friendly staff are what make the five-star RODOS MARIS RESORT & SPA a unique family destination. The resort, situated at a short distance from Kiotari, has 432 guestrooms fully renovated in 2010, offering all modern comforts. Whether a guest is looking for action or relaxation holidays, RODOS MARIS is a perfect fit for all tastes! The all-inclusive hotel promises unforgettable holidays, from the tasty cuisine to a wide variety of activities. Guests of all ages can choose between the three fresh water swimming pools and the clean beach. RODOS MARIS welcomes families with a program exclusively designed for children (4-12 years old) and teenagers (12-16 years old) offering unique activities daily. The Wellness Spa is a point of reference at this hotel, with its experienced personnel and its modern state-of-the-art technological equipment, guaranteeing unique moments of relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort And Spa
- Mitsis Rodos Maris Kiotari
- Mitsis Rodos Maris Resort & Spa Kiotari, Rhodes