Having read revues in English and French, I suppose it boils down to what your expectations are. We had never been to an 'all in' hotel before, so have nothing to compare with. However, we were very impressed. The hotel is now very largely 'francophone' - the 'redcoats' of Lookea are all French, and most have very little English. The hotel staff (Greek), mostly do speak English. We found virtually all the staff to be helpful, friendly and charming. The hotel was impeccably clean - albeit showing signs of wear. The food was good; not 'haute cuisine' but plentiful and fairly varied. If one eats in the usual Englsh way, and piles something of everything on the plate, it gets a bit boring, but creating starter and (one) main course from the buffet one eats well. The 'free' wine is quite drinkable, especially the rose. The rooms are clean and spacious, air conditioned - clean linen - towels and bedding, every day.. Car hire is available in the hotel. . (Rodos Cars - book on line for a good price). The local bus service is frequent and air conditioned as well as reaonalbly priced. The only real downside to our holiday was that when we arrived at the end of August it had been 49degrees that day, and remained VERY HOT. I think one should probably avoid July and August, and perhaps the first half of September. Lindos is worth a visit - lots of shops and bars etc - a cross between Blackpool and Marrakech. Rhodes town is pretty stunning, but other than that there's not a great deal to do if your are not wholly obsessed with lying by the pool. - Certainly motiviation is not easy when the temperature is soaring. I read criticisms of the evening entertainment, and I suppose it is somewhat amateur, but with loads of energy and enthusiasm. I don't know what people expect from a relatively small hotel - Shirley Bassey?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Sun is a 4-star hotel in Rhodes, built in the area of Kiotari, only 5 Km away from the traditional village of Asklipio, 17 km from the cosmopolitan Lindos and 50 km from the city of Rhodes. It is set on a small hill, offering excellent sea view, and also a splendid pine-tree forest view. This magnificent location makes the Princess Sun Hotel ideal for quiet and relaxing holidays in Rhodes. It has in total 195 rooms of which 147 double rooms and 48 family rooms. With many sports activities, entertainment and much more to offer, the Princess Sun Hotel is fairly considered to be one of the best hotels in Rhodes, which gives you an adventure and relaxation you'd rather live. Princess Sun Hotel is a member of H Hotels Collection ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Princess Sun Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Primasol Princess Sun Kiotari
- Princess Sun Hotel Kiotari, Rhodes