“Good place for adults and kids”

Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Kiotari
Wroclaw, Poland
“Good place for adults and kids”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have just returned from Lidos Imperial Hotel in Rodos. This was a very nice week that allowed to get a lot of rest even thou we were with 2 kids (1.5 and 6.5 years). There are a lot of activities for children so they are taken care of and that leaves some time for adults. Food and drinks are of good quality and everyday there is something else on the dish. The only minus is that the internet in not free of chargé and good quality connection is avaliable only in the lobby. Apart from that no problems or complaints. It is definitely the place for family with children.

Room Tip: As far as I know largest rooms are 2+2. Ask directly if you have 3 kids how it will be arranged. T...
1 Thank Krzysztof T
lindoshotelsGM, Guest Relations Manager at Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our
hotel. We would be more than happy to WELCOME you next year,TRYING TO DO THE BEST FOR YOU TO SPEND ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOLIDAY WITH YOUR FAMILY IN OUR HOTEL.
BEST REGARDS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I would like to start by saying that this hotel is certainly not 5* more of a 4. There is a lot to write about so i will do it in sections.

Rooms-
Cleaned daily
Fresh towels every day
Showing signs of wear
not 5*

Food-
The food catered for Russians & European as there were plenty of them!
Honestly the food wasn't all that good and was sometimes stone cold!
A La Carte was awful and not worth the extra money
The staff were very nice

Main bar in reception-
Great service
Yummy cocktails
Lovely staff
5/5

Beach bar-
As in other reviews people talk about the band discrimination, this is certainly true as you are served if you have a blue band first. I would sometimes wait 10 mins to get served!

The overall hotel needs some updating and so does the rating as this is advertised as one of the LUXE collection which is ridiculous as its not a five star hotel. For what this costs you may as well save your money although the staff were mostly ok. The hotel is on slopes which we struggled with as i had a disabled person with me, we did request to be moved but our rep said there was no where that they could move us, if you have any kind of difficulty walking this isn't the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Do not waste your money !
7 Thank ksg91
lindoshotelsGM, Manager at Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have looked up your stay in our Hotel between the 18th and 24th July.

I would like to address the following: you originally booked to stay in a different (not owned by us) I have been informed that after 24 hours in the hotel you originally booked through Jet2 you were asked to leave. At this stage you were sent to our Hotel. Our hotel is not suitable for disabled persons, this you would have been informed of at the time of your booking had you have originally booked to stay at our hotel, on this basis we would have rejected your booking.

I am disappointed to read that you found the food in our restaurant was not to your liking, we try to cater for everyone with a very varied selection of foods. I am originally from the UK living in Rhodes now almost ten years, I eat daily in the hotel and I find the food to be interesting and full of different daily choices and hot, we also provide special menus for anyone that has dietry issues. We try at all times to ensure our food is varied enough for many nationalities.

The a la carte restaurant is a traditional Greek restaurant which serves local Greek dishes and fresh fish from the grill, the flavours of food in Greece are somewhat stronger than we use in the UK for cooking and this sometimes is not to everyones taste.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our bar areas, cocktails and staff! thank you.

You have written about band discrimination, we are sorry to hear you feel this way, our staff are trained to serve each guest in the same manner and not to give preferential treatment to anyone, also to serve each guest in the order they arrive, first come first served basis, we are sad to learn you felt differently about this.

As with any property built on a beachfront location the salt moisture in the air can be very damaging to the buildings, fixtures and fittings, our maintenance team are on site all year and make general jobs throughout the summer season and a full program in the winter months to ensure our hotel remains of a 5 star quality.

We would like to wish you all the best and hope that you next holiday whereever it may be, will be a better choice for your family and their needs.
Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very nice hotel and fit to kids. Water park, 3 pools, beach.
Good food and very nice animation team.
Good service and nice rooms.
Nice water sport (with additional payment).
Funny shoes in the evening.
Close to the acropolis.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
lindoshotelsGM, Guest Relations Manager at Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest

First of all we would like to thank you for your kind feedback and for your time spent to write for our hotel.
We are very pleased to hear that your holidays with us were pleasant and relaxing for you and your family and we look forward in the near future to welcoming you back for more enjoyable moments.
hertfordshire
Reviewed July 9, 2013

6 of us (4 adults, 2 children aged 2 & 6 years) spent a week at this hotel in early June. The hotel is spread out and on a hill so if you have trouble walking then this hotel probably isn’t for you.

Just to clear up the wristband issues - There were lots of different nationalities staying at the hotel and there seemed to be different coloured wristbands allocated. However, I do not think that band colours were allocated by nationality as some of the Germans had the same colour band as we did. I only ever saw blue and green wristbands and as the hotel board basis is either fully inclusive or half board I can only presume that the wristbands indicated the boarding basis. We never encountered – or witnessed - any discrimination regarding joining in any of the events and everybody could be included in everything if they wanted to be.

Pools
The hotel has several different pools with the main children’s pool being at the top of the complex. This is the pool we used everyday and it suited both the adults for swimming and the children for the slides and shallow waters. The water slides have lifeguards and are age restricted with children aged 10 years and over only being allowed on the larger slides. The smaller slides are still just as much fun and are large enough for adults to enjoy too. My husband took our 3 year old son down the slides with him on his lap. The children’s pool has a lovely snack bar serving rolls, Greek salads, chips, nuggets, hotdogs, bread and self serve ice cream in tubs. They also serve the usual bar drinks including cocktails, milkshakes, tea and coffee. Bottled water is also available from the bar and this is great as you can then store the water in your fridge in the hotel room. This is the only hotel I have ever been to where (branded) bottled water has been included as part of the all inclusive package.

We never had to reserve a sunbed around this pool, even when we turned up at midday there were always plenty of sunbeds available and we had been told by the rep that the hotel was full. At times we were the only ones in the swimming pool despite it being mid afternoon and at least 26 degrees - perfect! The pool and pool bar area was always kept very clean and there were no issues with the area being slippery for children. Likewise the pool toilets were also very clean. Sun umbrellas and tables are also provided around the pool.

Room
We had a ground floor room. Maid service every day, v clean, lots of storage space for clothes, clean and fresh towels changed every day. Cannot comment on the TV channels available as we never used the television. Fridge available for free use in the room. Air con with 3 cooling settings. Safe.

Restaurant
There is only one main restaurant serving breakfast and dinner. The main restaurant and the beach restaurant both served lunch. Snacks also available at the children’s pool as described above. The food was lovely in both restaurants, no complaints at all from any of us. Lots of variety and always hot and fully cooked. I have a very fussy child and he found something to eat every day. There were no problems with other nationalities pushing in when queuing for food.

Bars
Every pool (and I counted there were around 4/5, some were nestled in the hotel grounds!) had a pool bar serving a variety of drinks. Pool bars close at 6. Cocktails included. One pool bar remained open at night to serve ‘posh’ cocktails and branded beer which you had to pay for. Personally I found the all inclusive cocktails more than suitable and they certainly contained plenty of alcohol ! No problems with any of the drinks being watered down.

Beach
The beach consists of dark sand and then small pebbles towards the waters edge. The sand was too hot to walk on and we needed beach shoes. Plenty of water sports (ringos, jet skis, boats to hire) available. The water is safely marked out with buoys with areas for swimmers and areas for water sports. I don’t know if the hotel sunbeds were chargeable on the beach as we never used the beds. The hotel has a lovely open restaurant on the beach front.

Towel hire
There is a 10EUR deposit per person for towel hire. You can change your towels daily. The deposit is returnable once you hand back your towel slip when you check out.

Safe
All rooms have a free safe for guests to use. The safe was large enough to keep our IPAD in plus the usual safe items (money, travel documents, jewellery etc ..)

Shop
There is a shop located in the hotel selling postcards, food, drinks, souvenirs, a few baby essentials (nappies, wipes), newspapers, magazines, toiletries, suntan lotions etc … I paid 3.50EURO for a packet of branded baby wipes. So perhaps a little on the expensive side.

Transfer time
This was 2 hours. There were a small selection of sandwiches in the main restaurant for the late night arrival guests. The main bar also routinely serves cheese/ham toasties so we grabbed a few of these and the all inclusive drinks started there !

Rhodes Airport
Clean but very small. Only one shop for duty free and one outlet to buy food. Best to buy any souvenirs beforehand.

Negative points
1) The hotel is in the middle of no where! There is no where to walk to.
2) Lindos is the nearest town and will cost 50EUR return in a cab and take around 20 minutes each way. There is a bus but we didn’t use it. Lindos town is very hilly, v busy and you have to walk down a steep hill to get to the actual town as cars/coaches have no where to park or stop in the actual town except at the top of the hill. Unable to comment if local buses picked up/dropped off from the town or the top of the hill. Taxis will drop off at the bottom of the hill. Very difficult in the town if you have a pushchair/small children to keep track of due to the hills, cobbles and the number of people. Lindos beach is beautiful and sandy.

I would def go back to this hotel again and would recommend to friends. I really cannot understand why a few of the reviews of this hotel have been so bad. We loved it !

Room Tip: Tip - Try to get a room in the 4000 series. These rooms are in the middle of the resort so not too...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank emz76
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm staggered by the good reviews that this hotel gets. Having travelled to many countries in the world, and staying in all levels of accomodation I truly believe that you can enjoy most holidays if your expectations are realistic. Having paid for a 5* hotel I expected a decent holiday, nothing world class but decent all the same. I went with my family and from the moment we arrived to the moment that we thankfully left we were treated appallingly. Due to illness we struggled with the distances and the slopes. We spoke to our rep about moving and they wanted to help but the general manager wouldn't agree to the change without charging us (sounds similar to a previous review - seems this is a common request!). We met with the general manager to discuss as we thought he would be sympathetic to the fact that illness was impacting our holiday but he said he didn't care and told us to leave his office. Lovely. In addition we also experienced discrimination because we had different coloured bands, which others have also commented on. Basically I think if you're expectations are low you may enjoy this hotel. If you have any expectation of standards you won't.

12 Thank WorldTraveller4Years
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our family of five have recently returned from an enjoyable one week all-inclusive stay at the Lindos Imperial Hotel.
Over the years my wife & I have been very fortunate to have enjoyed many foreign holidays in a number of different Countries at varying standards, good & bad!
So I feel I'm able to provide an honest opinion regarding the Lindos Imperial.

Location,
We decided to hire a car for the week to allow more freedom to discover Rhodes.
The journey from the Airport to the Hotel is approx. one hour drive all on main roads. No need for GPS, just grab a map of the Island.
The Hotel is built on a hill, don't worry it's not to steep and lifts are provided throughout the hotel complex for those with young children & walking difficulties, giving nearly all the rooms fantastic views of the sea. A few rooms faced in towards the main pool.
The complex is set amongst a few smaller hotels on the Kiotari beach giving the area a nice cosy & quiet feel.
The beach is of a darker sand type with rocks/pebbles in the sea.
The sea has a shallow drop and is quite safe for young children, although footwear maybe advisable due to the rocks on the sea bed.

The Hotel,
Overall the complex has a clean and fresh feeling, especially the pastel colours used to paint the buildings.
Three outdoor swimming pools and a indoor pool/spa area plus the hotel beach area provided us with good options to keep our children entertained throughout the week.
Sun beds & umbrellas are provided free of charge and because there are so many different pool/ beach areas we were always able to grab our 5 beds together.
The activity pool, with the slides, is at the top of the complex.
This is where the Animation team provide entertainment and work-outs if you wish to join in?
They aren't to pushy & are more than happy if you decline their offer to join in.
The larger pool slides are for 'over 10s' so unfortunately our 7yr old boy was disappointed, we told a little 'white lie' about our 9yr old lad's age (he was 10!).
A little 'TLC' in a few areas is required, but nothing to drastic!
Many of the tiles were missing from the main pool surface, small mosaic style type which were coming away at an alarming rate!
The decking of the Restaurant terrace could do with a 'nice lick' of paint/wood stain.
The Reception area is very pleasant and welcoming with the Reception staff providing a superb service throughout our stay.
During our week's stay we didn't hear or see many British holidaymakers, this suited me as I didn't have to make any 'small-talk' with strangers.
In the main the hotel was occupied by Russian families & also a very large party of French people (corporate group of some sort).
This was a huge change from our previous Greek Island holidays where it was always predominantly British/German holidaymakers.
Perhaps it's only the Russians who can afford the Imperial these days!

Our Room,
We had a family room (3116) located in the main building with balcony looking toward the beach, lovely.
Being in the main building is ideal as its in the middle of the complex so not to far to walk to any part of the complex.
The room was clean & tidy, but again I felt a bit of 'TLC' was required.
Some lights weren't working the smaller bedroom, the front door stopper in the same room was also broken, the mosaic tiles in the shower probably need a change & our patio door onto the balcony was very heavy/stiff to close whilst the handle was also broken.
All minor stuff, but room for improvement I feel.
I also feel tea & coffee making facilities would be appreciated, if provided in the rooms.
I really fancied a 'cuppa' on the balcony first thing in the morning.

Food,
A buffet style restaurant provided ample options for our breakfast, lunch (when taken) & dinner.
It's a bit of a 'free 4 all' when looking for a table to sit at and also when going up to get your food from the food counter areas.
That said the majority of dinners were well mannered and waited their turn if others were ahead of them in a queue.
Each meal time provided us with a good selection of varied foods, both hot & cold.
Overall I'd say the restaurant & food was of a good standard, we didn't go hungry!

Two 'Al a carte' restaurants are also available,
an Italian buffet restaurant (free of charge, except drinks) which you need to book through reception at least 24hrs in advance and a Greek thyme restaurant which a payment is required & is also booked in advance through reception.
It was my wife's birthday during our holiday, so we enjoyed a 'treat night' at the Greek restaurant which we all thoroughly enjoyed. Cost €62 for five including wine & drinks.

Bars,
Main lobby bar for evening drinks was very pleasant, the outside terrace area being a particular favourite.
Each pool and also the beach provided bar facilities between 10am & 6pm.
The activity pool provided chips, salads and rolls whilst the other bars provided just rolls.
We were surprised none of the bars offered nibbles such as crisps, nuts or olives.
The only bar to provide 'slushies' was the main pool and the Waddock children made the most of that!
Strawberry, chocolate, banana & vanilla ice-cream was available at each bar.

Service,
The Lindos team provided us with exceptional service throughout our stay.
Reception, Bar, Restaurant, Animation team and maid service staff were outstanding & really made our stay at the Imperial a happy experience for us all.
Special praise for Vasso, Giorgia (reception/customer relations), Niko's (lobby bar), Erica, Fabio, Miracle & Mario (animation). You are a credit to the hotel.

Rhodes,
We ventured out in the hire-car to discover some of Rhodes beautiful beaches & we weren't disappointed.
We found one place that I would describe as 'paradise'!
St Paul's Bay in Lindos.
If you get the chance? Make sure to visit this beach/cove, it is picture-book Greek Island.
We did find the the Euro (€) had made prices of drinks and snacks at the beach bars we visited far more expense than it used to be when we previously visited the Greek Islands, making me grateful I choose the all-inclusive option at the Imperial.

Verdict,
Overall, my family & I rated this a very enjoyable, relaxing holiday and were happy with our choice of the Lindos Imperial.

Room Tip: We were in the main building of the hotel which had a very central location, convenient for all area...
15 Thank Andrew W
Eccleston, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Where do I start? How about - DON'T GO!! We arrived on Saturday and nearly booked to fly back home on Monday (we were booked for a two week stay). The main clientele (Russian) are given different coloured wristbands which segregate them from everyone else. They get preferential treatment from ALL staff. This creates a very hostile environment for the rest of us. Everything is stressful - meals times, getting a lounger by the pool, getting a beach towel, walking to the kids pool, even asking the reception staff a question - they huff before answering you after looking at your wristband colour and if a blue band owner arrives then you are ignored. This place was a nightmare. Don't go. If you've already booked then change. The management team don't care about you so you can't complain - you will be laughed at and they will try to charge you (900euros) if you want to change hotels. Oh, and you are in the middle of nowhere so you can't even escape to enjoy the real Greek experience. Apart from the school style canteen, the eating options are restrictive with young children as the other restaurants don't open until 8pm. The 'animation staff' won't acknowledge you unless you wear a blue band. This place is horrible.

17 Thank Jon H
lindoshotelsGM, Manager at Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay at Lindos Imperial. We have many nationalities of guests in the hotel and our staff are all trained to treat each guest, regardless of their country of origin in the same "first come first served basis". Our restaurants are open in the evening from 7pm and there are snacks and ice creams available outside the breakfast, lunch and evening restaurant opening times. We are an all inclusive hotel that advertises we are outside of the main village and that Lindos city is a short taxi ride away. We have been complimented by our guests for our animation team who are of Italian origin so I am suprised to read that you feel they were only geared around Russian guests, they speak many languages this for us as a hotel is a must as we wish all our guests to be involved in the daily and night time shows and activities. We would like the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to our hotel again in the future.

With kindest regards the Lindos Imperial Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiotari
Princess Andriana Resort & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari
Atrium Prestige Thalasso Spa Resort and Villas
Rodos Princess Beach Hotel
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel

Been to Lindos Imperial Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!