“Enjoyed it!”

Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Kiotari
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Got back a few days ago from this hotel & had a great time! The hotel was spotless & the staff were very hardworking & friendly.

The food was nice even in the buffet restaurant although it did get a bit busy at times.
The food in the Italian restaurant was very tasty & I'd recommend going there as many times as possible (you have to book for lunch & dinner).

The entertainment team were great, the best entertain I've seen at a hotel like this. Even though they had to cater for many languages and ages the comedy show was still very funny & the team are very talented, especially WIlly who is a fab tap dancer!!

One thing I would say is that the hotel isn't suitable for the immobile. There are slopes & steps everywhere & the hotel is quite spread out too. On the last night a lady we made friends with slipped over (some areas aren't well lit) & broke her leg! The hotel has no wheelchair & there were no ambulances available.

The beach is ok, quite pebberly though. The beach bar is good & serves cold drinks & snacks.

The hotel is about 30mins by bus to Lindos, further than I thought it would be. It's 2.50euros & definitely worth a visit, lindos is gorgeous!

Some of the rooms are high up & don't have a sea view so I'd request a sea view when booking.

Overall, a good holiday, not sure what it will be like in high season though when it's packed out.

• Stayed: June 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,236)

Reviewed June 23, 2013

the hotel at rhodos village was a relaxing holiday. the staff will go of out of their way to help if you have any problems nothing was to much trouble. when we got there we were put in to a room and it was rubbish , went out on the balcony and we were faced with a brick wall with all the other balconies looking down on us i felt like i was in a gold fish bowl, but the staff moved us within a couple of hours and we got a really nice room on the ground floor over looking the pool and the sea. the room was cleaned daily to a good standard and clean towels every day.all the staff are hard working and friendly.
the location was a little out the way for sight seer , but we just used the bus which just out side the hotel, Rhodes town was an hour away on the bus and pafkos have lovely restaurants we had a meal out and was not to pricey. Lindos town was about 20 mins away too this was a lovely little greek island. the beach was about 2 min walk down some steps which wasn't to bad when walking back .
the food in the hotel was of good quality, think my partner enjoyed his big breakfast every morning lol
the animation team were by far the best Rio was bill made us smile with his darts , we couldn't the bull though, so he could go in the pool... lol. the team always had the guest doing things if you wanted , like gym, aqua keep fit, beach activities ect
lovely place to stay if you like to relax :-)

Room Tip: ask for sea or pool view when booking
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Recently back from a week at the hotel. Very relaxing break perfect location for a chilled holiday everything you need is there at the hotel. Staff all very friendly and work so so hard. Very clean hotel rooms were cleaned and replenished everyday. Food was good quality little bit frustrating queuing then the greedy person in front of u takes it all but then that buffet for u!! The Italian did amazing pizzas tho! Lovely cocktails available all day. Bottom swimming is nice with the entertainment throughout the day and the top pool lovely view. Beach nice but it a bit pebbly.

What really made the holiday was the entertainment team they were all amazing and put on some fab shows in the evening and were very friendly. Even a boring game of darts was made fun in the day!!(Rio)!!!
You all do such an amazing job and clearly enjoy it as it shows.
Thanks Rio, Nadia, Willy, Momo and vladi!!
Will def return here next year!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Capapas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited between 29 May and 12 June 2013 for our third visit at this hotel. On this occasion it was me, my sister and her Children (One 9 and 6 year old little boys) for their first abroad holiday together. We had chosen a place we were familiar with to ensure the children got the best from their first holiday together and I have to say we could not have been happier when we got to this hotel. The stay really did exceed our expectations which I didn’t think was possible following our first two visits.

To begin with we were less than impressed when arriving to find out that due to our holiday broker not booking the correct hotel in the first place we had to be moved to the Miraluna down the road for 2 nights of our stay, I have also submitted a review for this hotel, please see my other contributions for further details. However they arranged free transportation and upgraded us in both hotels to a VIP guest (meaning you could use all inclusive the facilities free of charge in the MiraLuna, Mitsis Rhodos Village and Mitis Rhodos Maris) gave us a free safety deposit box for the entirety of our stay in the Rhodos village and free late check out on the day of departure. Initially I wasn’t very happy with this; however I understood they were doing all they could to rectify the situation that could now no longer be helped.

When arriving back to the Mitis Rhodos when we were able to check into our room from there on we were back to the same service and could enjoy the hotel we have come to know and love. We were allocated room 239 in the main building so was great for accessibility of the facilities for the children so was ideal. The room we were allocated was fairly small given there was four of us but this did not cause any discomfort whatsoever and still had all the required facilities we needed in order to enjoy every bit of our stay.

I have to say at this point and you will see from my previous reviews of this hotel that the Animations and staff really are what make this hotel. Each and every one of them is friendly, polite and work so hard; I cannot fault a single one of them.

First of all the Animations, they are simply the best I have ever experienced in my time travelling. They are a multi-lingual team that ensure that no-one is left out when carrying out activities. Bebe, Vladi, Rio, Willy, Alysia and Nadia were there from our previous visits each of them remembered us and gave us a huge warm welcome as if you had met a friend normally. There were additions to the guys that we had met last year who were Kristnya, Elsa, Blandine, Nataly, Thomas and Momo but even they made a huge effort to help you have an enjoyable holiday and feel welcomed in the hotel. They put on daily activities in the pools and the beach such as French bowls, volleyball, darts, water gym, water polo, football and many more. Although these activities usually may become a bit monotonous after a number of days doing them due to the energy and humour of the animations team, these activities never seem to have a dull moment. I really cannot speak highly enough of these guys; they show so much enthusiasm despite really long hours, they are a credit to this hotel. Whilst completing their required jobs each one of them would take the time to speak to us and the children and treat us as if were a part of the team. Even if high-fiving the children, dancing with them, playing games with them and more to make their stay extra enjoyable may seem very small but I feel its little things like this that really complements how good these guys are at there job.

Not only do these guys hold the daily activities they also hold nightly shows in the ampithere during peak times. This consists of a 45minitiue mini-disco, this being 45mins where the girls get all the kids up dancing to multi-lingual songs and show them the dance moves. The boys loved this time and it gives the adults time to relax and watch their children have a great time. The end of this the kids are given the opportunity to sing a song if they want to. Following this is 15minitues to allow the team to set up and prepare for the show for that evening. The shows that are on range from a traditional Greek show, fire breathing, comedy show, black light show, cabaret, star show and many more. All the shows are in our opinion very entertaining but have to keep the interest of a vast audience so vary from day to day. Following this there is a disco until 12am but started by the choreographed dances such as ‘Bhudda, Bhudda’ Wakka Wakka and many more which both us and the children loved to dance to every night. These guys are brilliant and really do not get the credit they should for the amazing job that they do, how energetic they manage to stay and how friendly each of them are: They really are what make this hotel an amazing place to keep going back to and are a credit to it.

One part of hotel facilities we were unaware of until it was pointed out by the shop owner is the Mini-Club. This is basically a daily activities programme for the children where the adults can leave the children in the capable hands of Kristnya, Elsa, Blandine and Nataly. During the times of 10.00 -12.30 and 2.45 – 5.00 these girls will take the children and involve them in activities such as treasure hunts, face painting, basket ball, bowling, board games, colouring and much, much more. The boys absolutely loved every second they spent in the club and started asking to go as appose to coming with us which can only show how fantastic these girls really are. They always give big smiles to the children when seeing them around the hotel when off duty and just generally being lovely people. A very touching thing that they did for the boys as they could see they were upset to be leaving them behind they made sure they came to see us off when being picked up by our transfer. Not only this they had made a personalised fan for both of the boys with messages for them on the back, which may again seem a very small gesture but was the whole world to the kids and made all the difference, they have had the fans close at hand ever since we got home too. The girls even helped us with our bags to the coach and gave out big hugs to us all and waved bye as we drove away which I thought was a very kind touch. The boys cried so much to be leaving them behind as they had grown so fond of the girls and this can again show just what an amazing job that they did and really could not thank each one of them enough. The girls truly are an asset to the team.

On-top of these guys I have to say every member of staff I have ever come across at this hotel has been friendly, polite and courteous. This being from all the bar staff to the waiter/waitresses (two of which were Christy and Emma, who were always happy, smiley people every single day! Thank you so much for everything you are amazing!) to the reception staff and even the maids, nothing ever seemed a chore and whatever you had asked for was delivered with a smile, this not forgetting the gents that show you to your table. All of the staff also made a fuss of the boys, giving out high fives asking how they are, joking with them and making sure they were always smiling, it was truly a pleasure to see. Again I cannot speak highly enough of the staff; they are probably the best I have experienced in a hotel to date. I have to again mention our old friends Altin, Eric and Dimitris who all remembered us from last year and were a friendly as ever and always serving us up drinks quick as a flash and with a big smile.

The Hotel and Facilities
The Food is always, hot, very tasty, fresh and plenty of variety! Breakfast times you have the option for your eggs, omelettes and pancakes cooked freshly to order which is a nice touch I think, you even choose your own fillings and how much for the omelettes. This was on top of your usual continental option, sausage, bacon, beans, pastries, fresh fruit etc. Lunch and Dinner times they had the same but fresh cooked meats were served in these areas with the separate buffet options too.

The hotel was always immaculate in the rooms and also communal areas. The maids did a great job, new linen and towels each day. The 3 outdoor pools were clean with fresh water in all of them; each had plenty of loungers and easy access to the bars. The indoor pool also has easy access to a bar area as well.

In addition as mentioned previously each room comes with a stocked mini-fridge which is filled on a bi-daily basis which is free under your all-inclusive price which is extremely handy if you fancy a drink whilst in your room.

The beach was shalely and always kept very clean. There was a water sports centre that had a wide variety of activities that were payable locally. The prices for activity are I feel were very reasonable but didn’t take part. The beach bar had the same variety of alcohols as the other bars did which I think is a refreshing change and also had a variety of snacks that you could enjoy as a part of the all-inclusive package. They also served ice creams at this bar too, also free under all inclusive.

We purchased a spa package from the Animations team for both me and my sister that you go to the Mitsis Rhodos Maris to have. This was a distressing massage and facial and we both loved every minute of it, was so relaxing and was lovely to feel pampered as a part of our holiday.

In summary, this is my third stay and it being in a different manner than I usual travel (As a family as appose to just me and my sister) I really could not have been more delighted with my stay, this mainly driven by The Animations Team, the mini-club and staff around the hotel. I really could not have expected how well they all helped make my nephew’s first holiday one they will always remember and that they are already asking how many days it is until we go back next year. A truly amazing holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is spacious and clean, painted in Miami Vice-esque pale peach and blue. Probably a 3.5* rather than 4, but that is just reflecting that newer hotels may have newer facilities.

What sets it apart is the great staff; reception, waiting, bar, cleaning and most of all entertainment. Nothing is too much trouble or fails to get a lovely smile.

Special mention to Rio and Nadia who really should be on a greater stage or TV!

I've docked a star purely because they were over-booked on our arrival and we had to go to a different (poorer) hotel down the road, and then faff about with getting into our rooms the next day...not great in these days of the Internet to have accepted more guests than you have rooms. To be fair, they did ensure that all of our party was together and gave us use of the superb sister hotel over the road, which helped to make up for it.

It is a little out of the way if you are a sight-seer (about an hour from Rhodes Town by taxi, twice that by bus)...but Lindos isn't too far and is a gorgeous little Greek island town.

Would definitely come again...and, it was noticeable that many guests have done just that, year on year...

Room Tip: Go for a sea view high up...unless you have an aversion to lots of stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mc_cheekymonkey
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Me and my son recently came back from Rhoda Village and had a fantastic holiday. The food was really good the accommodation was nice and clean and the staff were so friendly. The animation team were by far the best!!! Rio was fantastic with my son and Nadia was great. Everyone needs a Rio in there life. Thankyou all for making our holiday a very special holiday and we will definitely be coming back. Absolutely loved it. Tracey and Ross xx

Room Tip: ground floor room with sea view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

my wife and i stayed at his hotel for one week from the 25th of May, it was a last minute decision to go abd as we had stayed in a Mitsis in Kos for the last two years, we guessed the standards would be pretty much the same and in alot of way it was, we arrived at 2.00am after nearly 2 hours on the coach, the reception area is very smart and elegant with efficiant staff who were welcoming and very nice. We were allocated room 815, this is very high up and the porter took us to the room in a people carrier i could tell by the incline we were high up, prior to this we had emailed the hotel and informed them that me wife was very asthmatic and couln handle hills or ramps etc, ok if there is a lift but there was none to the 800's rooms, the room was a bit tatty and very dated and looked to me s no body had used the room in a while but i could be wrong, the bathroom window had been left open and the bathroo was full of mozzies, we went out onto the balcony and we had a view of the sea, not much to see in the dark though, i knewmy wife would struggle to get to our room each day so i returned to the reception desk, to get to it thogh i had to descend a very steep set of stairs, ok going down, if a little dangerous, but coming back up was murder, reception said that they could do nothing that night but call back in the morning and see the rooms manager, so after a long day travelling we went to bed and returned to the reception the next day, i was seen by a lovely lady called Christa, i think that was her name, and explained to her our problem, she was very sympathetic and said she would get us another room as soon as she could, i had left my wife by the pool on a sun lounger, by the time i got back, everyone had squeezed in so tight either side of her that she could hardly move, some people dont understand 'personal space' and the lady next to her might as well sat on her knee, anyway, we were offered a room in the main building number 137, this ihas an internal balcony and over looked the indoor pool, if we had been on the otherside of the corridor we would have been looking out to sea, but the room was a vast improvement on the last one. i think the earlier you arrrive the better the room you get because if you are given a poor room, you have a chance of swapping with someone who is not due until the evening or night. I went to get a drink at the poolside bar/snack bar, the lady serving you (you dont serve yourself) is the most miserable person working in the hotel business i have ever seen, i have been to many Greek islands and the Greeks are always polite and have a smile on their face, not this one, everything was too much trouble and if you asked for 2 coffes and then to beers, she rolled her eyes and bashed the cups about, if anyone from Mitsis reads this, do yourselves a favour, get rid of her as soon as you can she does nothing for your hotel or the image you are trying hard to portray. There is another bar by the indoor pool called the rockbar, and it is very nice with white tables and chairs the only thing wrong is they just dont have enough staff serving and we had to queue all the time, being British we are very good at this as long as its fair, for some reason if you walked to the front they served you, especially if you were Russian, i told one guy that there was a queue and he just looked at me but he got served, The main resturant is very nice the food was quite good the hotel was full and they could not keep the food coming out fast enough, its needs to have a bigger serving area even if its repeated they woulded have to keep running in and out with trays of food trying stay ahead, there is one griddle, this is just not enough for a hotel this big the chef worked very hard to try to keep everyone happy and again, big long queues formed waiting for food to cook. a few times during our stay, they ran out of plates and people had wait for fresh one to be brought out, this, i guess, is due to the fact that they dont have enough staff clearing the tables this meant that the waiters working there were run off there feet. check out the Italian resturant by the top pool, you get a lift to it, it is an excellent place and the food was fantastic. All in all we had a great stay and really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone. One last thing, the bus service to Lindos is very frequent and cheap and the bus gets very packed but its worh it when you get there, what a fantastic place, have cold Mythos in the sunburnt arms, the us to Rhodes town takes about an hour and a half but again, its worth it another lovely place, as you head homee driver will call out the names of the hotels he is coming upto so dont worry about missing your stop. so, book it and enjoy.

Room Tip: Email the hotel and ask what rooms you are being allocated, if they are in the 800's they are ve...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kiotari
Rodos Princess Beach Hotel
Amathus Beach Hotel Rhodes
#12 of 126 in Rhodes Town
3 mi away
Lindos Princess Beach Hotel

Been to Mitsis Rodos Village Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!