“Fab Holiday”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Moraitika
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Fab Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at the Nasos & Daisy studios for a week sat the end of July this year and had a wonderful time. The attention we received from all of the staff was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. It had been 25-30 years since I had visited this part of Corfu and although Moraitika and Messonghi have grown and developed tremendously during this time - one thing has never changed and that is the hospitality and friendliness of everyone in this part of the island. Our studio was cleaned regularly, the pool and bar area was always clean and safe and there was always someone there to help if any help or information was needed - including right into the early hours of the morning. The only thing that we could improve would be to sugges that t perhaps more local dishes are included in the restaurant as the variety was a little limited. Location was great for visiting either part of the town as it is very central and also only 5 minutes walk to the beach and seafront. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tina L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

just returned yesterday from an 11 night bed and breakfast stay at the nasos and daisy. what can I say about the place, well it was the best holiday I ever experience I have visited Greece before and this time I felt better than before all the positives first:
1) Corfu is very a nice place for everyone and there are magnificent beaches
2) nasos and daisy is a very nice family run hotel they cleaned the rooms six times a week all the family work very hard as I said earlier I went as a bed and breakfast but we did try the evening meals there and we was not disappointed at all we paid 9.50 euros per person and it was worth it !
3) There are many places to dine but lava grill and zak taverna was the best by far.

I have read a few reviews about this hotel and I was a bit cautious before I went but I had a very pleasant experience. Nasos is a very nice person and all the family work very hard to sort any problem or enquiries we had , they did their best to answer or sort out anything.

Ignore all the bad reviews and go and experience it for yourself. Only a couple minutes walk to the lovely beach and not far from the main road either where all the shops and restaurants are.

and I hope my review has helped everybody

Room Tip: I stayed in room 115 which was looking into garden and very private
4 Thank Raj D
Mountain Ash
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Just returned from first holiday at Nasos & Daisy; 11 nights Half Board. The main disappointment for us was the food - a very basic continental breakfast and the evening meals were pretty much the same, not a lot of variety. After a couple of nights or so, we chose to eat out for the rest of our holiday, as prices very reasonable and fantastic choice of good restaurants and tavernas! (It appeared a lot of people did the same thing ...) Rooms basic but cleaned every day. My one piece of advice would be to take your own towels - hotel towels very thin and poor (really seen better days!) - and are only replaced every three days or so! Also, we didn't expect to have to pay for air cond. (6 euros per day!) However, its a family-run hotel and they appear to work hard and are nice, helpful people. The location of the hotel couldn't be better, and even though near to the beach and bars etc. is very peaceful because its set back just that little bit, making it perfect. Because of the reasonable prices for eating out, our next holiday to Greece will be self-catering ! I have tried to be honest with this review, and hope it helps!

Room Tip: Room 320 perfect ... overlooking gardens and sea ....
4 Thank Anita B
Dundee, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just returned from an 11 night B & B stay at the Nasos & Daisy - the welcome my husband & I received from Nasos and his lovely family was the best we have ever received in all our years of travelling. The rooms were exactly what was stated on the website so no unwelcome surprises on arrival. Although basic we found the rooms to be clean and the only complaint maybe was the hardness of the mattresses but speaking to other tourists staying in other hotels this seemed a common complaint - maybe we are just used to a bit more luxury! The surrounding area was a little rundown due to the current economy but the lovely beach was just a short stroll from the hotel and where we spent most of our days.

In the evenings as we would head out in the opposite direction towards the main centre and had some beautiful meals - highly recommend the Lava Grill where we enjoyed a first class meal on more than one occasion and were well looked after by Makis the owner who catered for our every need (the Piri Piri chicken was to die for). We also would recommend the Rose Garden where the food was also very good and well presented.

We have generally in the past travelled to higher class of hotel but as Nasos & Daisy was recommended to us (mainly due it's friendly atmosphere & location) all in all we felt we more than got value for money and would definitely return as Nasos and his family and the locals in general were some of the nicest people we have every had the pleasure to meet.

Room Tip: Would recommend a room facing the front of the hotel if you want late sun.
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a week’s self catering holiday at the Nasos and Daisy. We booked our holiday only a few weeks prior to departure as we decided last minute that a relaxing week in the sun was very much needed.

We arrived at the hotel around lunch time and were told that the rooms were not quite ready which was fine by us as the sun was shining and the bar was open. We were offered numerous free drinks whilst the rooms were being finished which gave us ample opportunity to chat with Nasos, his family and his friend Homer who was also on a holiday at the hotel. We were made to feel so welcome and it seemed like nothing would be too much trouble during our stay.

The accommodation is typically Greek, our self catering room was fairly basic but clean; two single beds pushed together as a double, a dressing table, two bedside tables, wardrobe, TV, kitchenette with some crockery and cutlery and a bathroom/wet room. There was also a balcony with a table and chairs that looked over the pool area.

The hotel had a 24 hour reception service and you were able to buy snacks and drinks from the pool bar from 7am – 2am. I discovered on day two that I hadn’t got a hairdryer in the room so spoke to Nasos about it, he immediately provided me with a brand new one and couldn’t have been more apologetic. If needed air-conditioning and a safe deposit box could be purchased from reception, to be honest in September air-con wasn’t needed as the temperature dropped a little in the evenings which meant sleeping wasn’t a problem. We also didn’t hire a safe deposit box as our property was perfectly safe in the room.

During the week the cleaners came every other day to change the sheets, provide new towels and replenish the toilet roll if required.

The pool area had a lovely atmosphere, music was played throughout the course of the day and sun beds were always available. At night music was played in the bar but you couldn’t hear it in the rooms if you wanted an early night.

We chose self catering as when we are on holiday we like to experience the local restaurants and area. Notwithstanding that we did eat several snacks at the hotel such as Greek Salads and Omelettes, all of which were very good value for money and extremely tasty.

Breakfast and dinner menus were available at the hotel but we chose to take advantage of the surrounding areas for restaurants as part of a holiday is getting out and about to explore.
The hotel is perfectly situated for a relaxing holiday with the beach 100m in one direction and the towns of Moraitika and Messonghi 200m in the other. There is also a supermarket across the road which sold anything and everything that you might need on holiday and to top it off a free shot of ouzo was given to customers with every purchase.

Moraitika beach is beautiful, the sea is crystal clear and there are numerous sun beds to hire and bars to eat and drink in. All of the bar owners were friendly and we found the food and drinks to be really reasonable.

In the towns of Moraitika and Messonhgi there are numerous shops and restaurants to choose from, both towns are on the same stretch of road but are separated by a roundabout. We are sorry that we only had a week’s holiday as so many of the restaurants had been recommended to us that we wanted to try them all. We ate at the Rose Garden, the Lava Grill, Mandalena Taverna and Zak’s Taverna all of which served us top notch food at a very good price. The service in each restaurant was superb and we thoroughly enjoyed every evening.

I have to say that it was down to Nasos and his family that we had such a good holiday, they were always friendly and there to chat to. They provided us with advice on the local area and the island and took a real pride in their work and gave each guest their time and attention if required. I don’t think I have laughed so much in a week before.

I am very surprised to read bad reviews about this hotel but then having read them I am questioning why some people go on holiday in the first place.......to say that only a few of the TV channels were English speaking and that the rooms were of a poor and basic standard....... I don’t know about you but when I go on holiday the last thing I want to do it sit in the room watching TV....... I want to be out in the sun, appreciating the beauty of the country I am visiting whilst meeting with the locals and enjoying their cuisine.

Needless to say my husband and I will be returning to the Nasos and Daisy for many more years to come because I can honestly say it was one of the best holidays we have ever been on.
Thanks again to Nasos and family (and Homer) for a wonderful week.

All the best,
Kelly and Ed

7 Thank Kelly B
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed in Nasos hotel the first 10 days of Semptember and my experience was really lovely! I stayed in a hotel room, which is large enough and really clean as well. Moreover, even though it is only three minutes walking from the nearest beach, the aeria is very quiet so if relaxing is what you want, you will really find it! There is a supermarket just before the hotel, where you can find anything you want, which is also very helpful. In the hotel, there is a beautiful swimming pool, and a bar,where you can relax, and have a drink or a snack. The location of the hotel is ideal, because it is quiet but also close to everything you want ( beach, supermarkets, restaurants, market place, etc ). But the best thing of the hotel, is the familly who works and own the hole place. Nasos, his parents and his sister Dora, are always with a smile in their faces, willing to help you about anything you want! I really belive that they always do their best to make you feel comfortable and enjoy your staying in their hotel, which is the most important thing! It was the first time I stayed in their hotel, but I am sure I will book a room again next year! If relaxing, value for money and a nice atmosphare is what you ask for, Nasos and Daisy Hotel hotel is the right place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Omiros K
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have just got back from a two week self catered stay at Nasos and Daisy. My friend and I booked quite last minute and were just looking forward to a relaxing fortnight, we had an amazing two weeks which was only enhanced by the owner and staff of Nasos and Daisy. We arrived late and were immediately welcomed by Nasos and directed to our room. The room was just as we expected having holidayed in Greece many times previously. The room was clean and more than enough room for two people and our belongings and also a bathroom/wetroom. Our room was cleaned every other day and the cleaners were very friendly and respectful of our property.

The reception was open 24 hours so there was always someone there willing to help if you needed them. We spent the majority of our days by the pool as the sunbeds were comfortable and the bar and pool area had a lovely and welcoming atmosphere. At the bar you were able to purchase very reasonably priced, tasty snacks and drinks, which we took full advantage of. We got chatting to a lot people around the pool including people who had returned to the hotel because they had enjoyed their experience so much.

In my opinion Nasos and Daisy has found the right mix to maximise enjoyment, during the day there was background music as you relaxed by the pool and on a night time there was music on at the bar but not until late and if you fancied an early night the music could not be heard from the rooms.

With regards to the surrounding area Nasos and Daisy is in an ideal location, it is a short walk away from the beach which is sandy and has a large array of sunbeds and bars. For the night time it is again a short walk to the restaurants and bars of Moraitika in one direction and Messonghi in the other. There is also a supermarket just across the road selling everything you would ever possibly need.

To sum this up Nasos and Co really did ensure that we had a lovely holiday, they were always there for a chat to offer the best holiday tips for seeing the best of the island and for making the best of our holiday. We really did have an amazing time and I feel the friendliness and atmosphere of the hotel was the main reason for this. I would most definitely, without a doubt book to stay again at Nasos and Daisy for my next visit to Corfu.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank hannah_b15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moraitika
Delfinia Hotel
Messonghi Beach Resort
Messonghi Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Moraitika
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,631 reviews

Been to smartline Nasos? Share your experiences!