“Super Place”

Mayflower Apartments & Studios
Reviewed June 11, 2013

After a disappointing holiday in Moraitika last year, we dicided to go back, as we liked the resort.
The Mayflower offers excellent accomodation. The furnishings are basic but adequate, with comfortable beds. Apartments and studios are equipped to a level far above basic, with microwaves incorporating a grill, satellite TV with DVD player, a kettle, electric rings, a toaster and coffee maker.
The whole premises are kept spotlessly clean, and the bathroom, although small is modern, and well equipped with a proper shower which, unusually for Greece, does not flood the floor when used.
Diana and Spiros, the owners, and Olga, made our stay very pleasant, and clear deserve all the good write ups they receive. If, as Diana insists, she considers the ccomodation to be basic, she should try some of the self catering accomodation I have stayed in, at much higher prices than these.
We enjoyed it so much, we have re-booked for September.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Lionel_10
mayflowerGreece, Owner at Mayflower Apartments & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

That's what I like to see! Thanks very much for the review. I do still like to emphasise that the accommodation is fairly basic, but we hope we have got most things that people need when they are on hoiday, and we look forward to seeing you again in September.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We (myself, husband and 9 year old daugter) spent our second summer holiday at the Mayflower. The hotel is very well located (5-10 minute stroll from the beach, 3 minute walk to the laid back resort) with a lovely swimming pool and ivy covered balconies which makes the hotel feel intimate and attractive.
Diana and Spiros are excellent hosts - Diana is a mine of information as she has lived in Greece for years and seems to know every inch of the island. She is able to recommend things for every type of holiday you might want - best beaches, nightlife, car hire, airport transfers etc.
The apartments are well equipped and vary in size depending on how many of you are staying. They are cleaned regularly by a really lovely lady who doesn't speak English but seems to know what needs doing!
Spiros works exceptionally hard - he can always be found poolside or round and about - any issues are dealt with quickly and resolved without any fuss.
Looking forward to going back in the summer - but clearly the hotel is making a name for itself as availability is already disappearing fast!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Sarah B
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed at the Mayflower for 2 weeks over the summer, or second visit, The business is owned and ran by Diana & Spiros a husband wife team that ensured we had a great stay with were on hand to give local knowledge or sometimes just for a chat.
The apartments are in a nice quiet location but close to the beach , with a good selection of shops
to buy your food for self catering. Their are lots of choice with a nice bakers with beatiful fresh bread and great coffee open from very early morning, great if your up early. The apartments are of good standard and cover all your basic holiday needs, as you are out enjoying the nice swimming pool and the sunshine. Just getting to rebook for my 2013 holiday "Great people, great place, we feel at at home when we stay their. "worth going to"

Room Tip: Free Wifi is available in the pool reception area. Have a good look around when food shopping their...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank applejack1967
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I just want to let everyone know that i had a fantastic holiday at the Mayflower in corfu this summer. On our arrival we were greeted by a greek gentleman, later to find out he was the owner Spiro who is married to Fiana, they were very helpful on giving us local information and we rented a car and followed thier advice and saw the whole island, we found the rooms clean the staff friendly, and we had two little dogs following spiro round as he tended his beautiful garden, they were quite funny to watch. Diana was always available with information and it was never a bother, will be booking for next year.

Room Tip: ask for one looking onto the pool its just so pretty
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank corfuhome
mayflowerGreece, Owner at Mayflower Apartments & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you very much for the review, greatly appreciated, especially after the last one!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Unfortunately my experience of the Mayflower apartments were far from good in fact it was terrible. Animal lovers beware the owners husband is extremely cruel, we stayed for a fortnight in the apartments, nothing wrong with them in fact they are beautiful and it was our second visit. We witnessed Diana's husband taking a running kick at a little dog that had been hanging round the apartments, admittedly they had been pestering the residents but this action was awful, the dog screamed all the way down the road ( we thought he had killed it) we reported it to the owner who we thought dealt with it adequately, she said she would talk to her husband and nothing like this would happen again. The husband every time he saw us glowered at us and made us feel uncomfortable to such an extent we didn't come down to the pool area for several days and then unfortunately one night we were sitting on the balcony in the dark watching a storm and he kicked the dog again, (he had no idea we were there), this time we remonstrated with him but to our utter amazement he came running up the stairs screaming and swearing at us and threatening us, I really thought he would hit me, we are 2 middle aged women on our own and we were terrified, I locked our door and rang Diana immediately but unfortunately she didn't answer her phone and then it was engaged, by the time we got through we could hear her husband shouting in the background and we were ordered out of the apartment and given till the morning to pack our bags and get out, we were so shocked we couldn't believe it. We moved into a hotel for the rest of our stay. I e-mailed her on our return home to express our concerns, her response was that we were silly women. This experience has made me very wary about going abroad in the future as I felt unsafe and we had nobody to turn to. Diana offered us 56 euros in compensation and by doing so admitted her and husbands guilt but as it cost us 300 euros to stay elsewhere, we refused, we are now taking them to a small claims court to try and get this amount back. So beware if you love or even like animals do not go here or you may witness something so awful it ruins your holiday.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank Lauren P
mayflowerGreece, Owner at Mayflower Apartments & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Wow, what can I say, did they mention the words 'silly women' somewhere in the text. As people who have always had dogs and cats, and adored them, and who currently feed numerous strays in several locations, I almost find it funny.

If it wasn't business I probably would not bother to respond. However it is business. Dogs in question were (and still are, we have not killed them and my husband has not killed me!) belong to young neighbour who lets them escape from his garden all the time. Naturally they homed in on our clients, some whom loved them, and others who did not - in fact my ONLY other complaint last summer was from 2 guests who complained that we did not get rid of the two little dogs as they stole their lilos and shoes!

Yes we shooed them away, back to their own garden and yes they scream (chihauha type breed, loud, shrill voices) but they are still in a perfect state of health, they are actually quite sweet I just don't think they belong on sunbeds around our pool. Yes Spiros did shout at them, after they shouted hysterically down to him. I don't think that counts as 'customer is always right' behaviour. I went to see them early the next day, but they had already left.

The whole thing is basically bizarre, and completely outside my experience of over 30 years in business with the Mayflower and our other rental villas. I think the other reviews outweigh the ladies comments, I don't propose to comment on them again, and people considering staying with us can make up their own minds.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here in September with my elderly mum who was celebrating her 80th birthday during our holiday and I was so pleased I chose this fantastic accommodation. In my past I've worked overseas and have come across many self catering units of varying standards and this is one of the best for its rating. The whole place is spotless, the pool, the accommodation etc, I've arrived at apartments before and have felt the need to wash all the cutlery, crockery, pots etc before wanting to use them, not here - they were sparkling. We had apt 23, probably the best two bedroom in the complex as it has three balconies (well one is the terrace at the front door but it overlooked the pool and we had breakfast on that one). It was spacious, comfortable and felt like home from the start. The bathroom is slightly "snug" but then I could do with losing a few pounds anyway, but there was always hot water, no problems with plumbing etc and we had fresh towels at leas three times, not bad for a 7 night stay. The pool area is great, lovely clean pool, plenty of beds, tables and chairs and thoughtfully a fridge where you can store cold drinks for during the day (I even put our lunch sandwiches there one day to save having to go back upstairs). The reception/lounge area has a good selection of books, ironing board, hairdryer etc and around the back of the 2nd block, there is a washing machine you can use (I took some laundry tablets from home and did a wash twice, it was bone dry in hours). Diana is a star, massively experienced in looking after UK guests, she should be very proud of her little place. Olga, well what can I say, a total darling, always had a smile and we even managed a little conversation with my long forgotten Greek. All in all a wonderful holiday, no complaints naturally and hoping to book again for next year but two weeks this time (the accommodation is in the Cosmos Holidays Summer 13 holiday brochure) - I'd recommend people book early, with the ever growing number of fab reviews for the Mayflower, I'd suspect it will be very popular.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank auntieja
mayflowerGreece, Owner at Mayflower Apartments & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I just spotted this, thanks so much, look forward to seeing you both again, have a good winter.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived back on Saturday (6.10.2012) from a two week stay at the Mayflower Apartments in Moraitika. What can I say ...... these are the best apartments in Moraitika by a long way and fantastic value for money. Although there was just myself and my partner we booked a two bedroomed apartment (room 22 - 2nd block) which had a nice big balcony, large kitchen area and shower room. The pool area and grounds were immaculate and plenty of sun beds/umbrellas for everyone. Although the reception area is unmaned, should you have any problems or concerns there is a book available to log the same and this is checked daily by both Diana and Spiros, the owners (who are wonderful). The beach is only a 10 minute walk away at the most and the main road is about 5 minutes walk away where you can find a good selection of bars and restaurants, Buddies on a Saturday night with "Ozzy" doing the karaoke was a good laugh!!! We ate quite a few times at the Bella Vista which is a good 10 minute walk up into the old village but the views once you get there are to die for. Another brilliant restaurant is Zacs Family Taverna in Messonghi - for me Zac's wife Lula cooks Corfiot food like no other and I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. We also had "lazy lunches" on a few occasions at the Minore Restaurant which is further into Messonghi which again would recommend. A big thank you to Spiros, Diana and of course Olga, the maid, and would not hesitate in recommend the Mayflower Apartments to anyone who is considering a holiday in Moraitika.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Curlywurly_12
mayflowerGreece, Owner at Mayflower Apartments & Studios, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for that lovely review, very much appreciated!