We spent one week in Messonghi Beach Resort during our family vacation on Corfu. Messonghi consist of several buildings and dozen of bungalows occupying quite a large space with direct access to the beach. There are few hundred rooms, 3 swimming pools, bars and places for sport activities like tennis. It's not crowded as we expected initially bearing in mind number of people staying there at the same time. It's not a challenge to find a sunbed or a table at the restaurant (maybe in high season it's different)
The hotel has been constructed in 70s and even after refurbishment some places still need improvement. It's basically clean and the staff is working hard to make you comfy and relaxed - maids, waiters and entertainment executives. The entertainment program includes sport activities on the pools and evening cultural program. English was not widely spoken and majority of guests are French or Belgians and Eastern Europeans.
We stayed on All Inclusive - there was plenty choice of food and drinks including local alcohols. Beware on the food they serve - I had stomach problems and in result I spent 2 days in a toilet. Some other people had similar issues.
Generally the hotel is fine excluding food. It's a quite place ideal for families or elders but young people looking for night life could be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Messonghi Beach Hotel is a superb holiday resort situated between the villages of Moraitika and Messonghi on the east coast of Corfu. The hotel complex is situated in beautiful grounds with well-kept gardens, where respect for the environment and the happiness of its guests combine with every kind of comfort to make their stay unforgettable. The hotel's rooms and bungalows are tastefully furnished, with en-suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Every room opens out onto a balcony or terrace. There are two spacious restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in buffet style. Guests can also request lunch packets. After a day in the sea under the sun, the on-site bars are an oasis to relax in with a drink and to listen to your favourite music. Guests have use of three outdoor pools (2 adult pools and 1 Mini Aquapark), with an extra 2 paddling pools next to the adult pools. Pools are surrounded by free sun beds and there is a playground for the younger guests. Sports enthusiasts will appreciate the hotel's wide variety of sports facilities, including football, tennis, cricket, beach volley, petanque courts and table tennis. With its superb position and ideal facilities for families, this holiday village is no doubt one of the most popular hotels in Corfu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Messonghi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Messonghi Beach Hotel Moraitika
- Hotel Messonghi Beach
- Messonghi Beach Resort Corfu/Moraitika