This hotel is the biggest on Corfu, with all the advantages and disadvantages that this brings. It is an International hotel, with many guests from the Eastern block as well as France and Germany - Brits were in the minority when we were there, however, the staff all seemed to cope with all languages! Rooms are not generally available until 2pm - so if you arrive earlier, your luggage will be placed into an "arrivals" area while you have a look around, have a drink or meal etc. until your room is available. The hotel is spread over a large area and there are several apartment blocks as well as individual bungalows. We had a room on the third (top) floor of the Riverside apartments with a very nice view over the river, with its fishing and pleasure boats, with the hills beyond. The room was clean and well presented - although somewhat "tired". The corridor carpets, on the way to the room, were in need of replacing. The room had an aircon unit which worked!
There are 5 or 6 pools on the site, a selection of restaurants, cafes, bars, shops etc. There is an animation team which will keep you fully occupied if you want them too - but they will also leave you alone if that is what you want! Because of the size of the hotel, it is usually possible to find somewhere quiet to sit, away from the entertainment.
When we booked, we were unaware of the "Worlds most pregnant man" competition which appeared to be in full flow during the first couple of days! This unadvertised entertainment was free - although tiresome in the restaurants. Later on in the week we were joined by many French guests who also entertained us by insisting on moving the tables around at meal-times. "But we want to make a table for 17 - and it must be here! The table for 17 over there is not in the right place!" The restaurant staff were amazingly co-operative to start with - but then learned that the word "Non!" was a good idea if they wanted the restaurant to be usable by other guests!.......all good fun!
The food was pretty good - plenty of choice - although a bit mass-produced (well, what do you expect?) The drinks were ok - the beer was very gassy, though drinkable, - the wine was OK in small amounts - the fizzy drinks were fine - the coffee was good! We didn't try the local spirits.
A short walk from the hotel are the two villages of Messonghi and Moraitka, ideal for stretching the legs after meals! There are plenty of shops and bars in both!
The island of Corfu is beautiful - so we suggest that you don't spend all your time at the hotel (which you could easily do) - rent a car and see the island!
Have fun! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Messonghi Beach Hotel is a superb holiday resort situated between the villages of Moraitika and Messonghi on the east coast of Corfu. The hotel complex is situated in beautiful grounds with well-kept gardens, where respect for the environment and the happiness of its guests combine with every kind of comfort to make their stay unforgettable. The hotel's rooms and bungalows are tastefully furnished, with en-suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Every room opens out onto a balcony or terrace. There are two spacious restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in buffet style. Guests can also request lunch packets. After a day in the sea under the sun, the on-site bars are an oasis to relax in with a drink and to listen to your favourite music. Guests have use of three outdoor pools (2 adult pools and 1 Mini Aquapark), with an extra 2 paddling pools next to the adult pools. Pools are surrounded by free sun beds and there is a playground for the younger guests. Sports enthusiasts will appreciate the hotel's wide variety of sports facilities, including football, tennis, cricket, beach volley, petanque courts and table tennis. With its superb position and ideal facilities for families, this holiday village is no doubt one of the most popular hotels in Corfu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Messonghi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Messonghi Beach Hotel Moraitika
- Hotel Messonghi Beach
- Messonghi Beach Resort Corfu/Moraitika