Well where do I start.
Booked well in advance to go to Magna Graecia. When we landed at the airpot we was told we were being taken to Messonghi beach resort but they could not give us any answers to why this was and as it was 4am in the morning we agreed and would sort it out the following day. I went to reception and asked if we were going to be taken to Magna Graecia our original hotel and the recepionist just kept saying did not know anything. I realised they had over booked the hotels but they were not giving us these answers.
We went for breakfast, It was like feeding frenzy at a zoo. So many RUDE people pushing and shoving fighting for drinks etc. I decided we would not bother with this in the mornings. Lunch was just the same so was dinner. It felt like poeple was so greedy they hadn't been fed in days.
This hotel is not for English familys. Out of the whole hotel which must have around 1500 rooms there was 4 british familys and we were one of them. Queing for drinks on an evening was a joke. Poeple did not que they just pushed in from all angles, I even told a number of people it is rude to push in but they did it even more, there was not respect from them.
The rooms smelt terrible could not put any clothes in the wardrobe as they were fusty my husband threw 3 shirt in the bin because of the smell. The cleaners came in daily made the bed and that was it. Didn't wipe any sides down or change the beds in 10 days we were there. One bath towel and 2 hand towles were left for 3 adults I had to keep asking for extra. In the end we used our own. There was 4 pools to choose from but you had no chance of getting a sunbed due to there only being aroud 25 at each pool but there was plenty on the beach at a charge of 3 euros per day each. The water slide also you had to pay for to use. We did not have air conditioning or a fridge in our room it was basic. We did have a sea view once you got past the air conditioning units on the flat roof from the restaurant, and the smell was horrible. We was on the second floor. Good points of the hotel food was plentyful and a good choice, drinks in the A.I was not a problem you could get as many as you wanted which we did because of the queing situation, it was easier to get a couple at a time. Altough sprits was only a choice of vodka,brandy or ozos. Also the weather was fantastic so that always is a good point.
I rung the operators for 5 days running and went to reception where I still did not get any help, on the day before we were due to return home I had a message that we could change hotels to the Magna graecia I really thought they were having a laugh they had 10 days to sort out this problem and our last day there they came up with this offer.
We had pre booked and payed for a taxi we were told we were being picked up at 14.30 we waited from 13.00 hours just to make sure we wasn't going to miss our transfer to the airport. by 14.45 I asked reception to ring them to find out why we still waiting for the transfer. They had forgotten. All in All corfu is a lovley area to visit and corfu town is a must but the organisation is terrible and also the messonghi hotel . If you are travelling to this area please be awere they is NO organisation. Entertainment team did well with the hoards of kids there although english speaking was limited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Messonghi Beach Hotel is a superb holiday resort situated between the villages of Moraitika and Messonghi on the east coast of Corfu. The hotel complex is situated in beautiful grounds with well-kept gardens, where respect for the environment and the happiness of its guests combine with every kind of comfort to make their stay unforgettable. The hotel's rooms and bungalows are tastefully furnished, with en-suite bathroom with shower and hairdryer. Every room opens out onto a balcony or terrace. There are two spacious restaurants serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in buffet style. Guests can also request lunch packets. After a day in the sea under the sun, the on-site bars are an oasis to relax in with a drink and to listen to your favourite music. Guests have use of three outdoor pools (2 adult pools and 1 Mini Aquapark), with an extra 2 paddling pools next to the adult pools. Pools are surrounded by free sun beds and there is a playground for the younger guests. Sports enthusiasts will appreciate the hotel's wide variety of sports facilities, including football, tennis, cricket, beach volley, petanque courts and table tennis. With its superb position and ideal facilities for families, this holiday village is no doubt one of the most popular hotels in Corfu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Messonghi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Messonghi Beach Hotel Moraitika
- Hotel Messonghi Beach
- Messonghi Beach Resort Corfu/Moraitika