My partner and I took a two week holiday here, having booked through First Choice.
The hotel is very remote, being located within a large banana plantation right next to the ocean. If you are looking for a complete "switch off and relax" holiday, this is an ideal location.
The hotel itself is clean and well maintained with nice bedrooms with excellent bathrooms. Check in on arrival at the hotel was fast and well organised for saying three coaches full of guests all arrived at the same time.
The location is very hilly with lots of steps and steep slopes. However, at check in we were offered porter service who took our luggage to our room.
The buffet dining was excellent, and each day their was a good choice of freshly prepared dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Every member of staff we came into contact with was friendly and helpful, especially Lordes (I think her name was) who worked most days in the poolside pizzeria.
My only gripe is that service behind all of the bars in the evening was very slow. Most evenings there was only one or two members of staff behind the bar, which just was not enough. One evening I waited 30 mins just to get two beers!
All in all though, this is an excellent hotel in a beautiful location, with (on the whole) great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel with its gigantic pool area is located in the sunny south-west of La Palma. Above the sea surrounded by banana plantations, the La Palma & Teneguia Princess is a paradise for those seeking tranquility. The layout of the resort resembles a small canarian village. 625 rooms are spread over several buildings, nestled within tropical gardens. Most of the rooms provide amazing sea or garden or pool views. Hotel guests may choose between 11 outdoor pools - including a pool with an artificial beach, a kids pool and an adults-only pool in the nudist area. Relaxation also plays a very important role at the La Palma & Teneguía Princess. Its SPA Aqua Princess offers on 700 m2 a jacuzzi, saunas, vichy showers and hydro-waterbeds. At a total of 5 restaurants (one of them opened seasonally), guests can enjoy hot and cold dishes from the buffet, themed evenings, à la carte meals, snacks or a tasting menu. To burn off those extra calories guests can play tennis, mini golf, use the gym or participate in the sports programme of the animation team. Romantic evenings are included: The La Palma & Teneguía Princess is perfect for sunset lovers and passionate stargazers. It's for a good reason the Isla Bonita has been chosen the world's first ,,Starlight Reserve". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Hotel Fuencaliente De La Palma
- La Palma Princess And Teneguia Princess
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Fuencaliente De La Palma