Perfect holidays in this nice hotel, located between a nice cliff and quiet banana plantations. The perfect spot if you are looking for relaxing holidays. Even more relaxing is the fact that the internet was only available at extra charge in the reception area, but, hey, do you really need internet access when you are on holidays? You can forget about your everyday life and enjoy the nice sunsets near the reception area or in any of the 11 pools, all of them spotless.
Good size bedroom and toilet, and TV with international channels too.
Very good restaurant, with thematic dinners everyday. We stopped going for lunch as it was impossible to try every dish twice a day. Those desserts were great. The chef(s) should be praised for the good work. The late breakfast was served in the pool area too, and during the day you had the chance to try the pizzeria, in the pools area, or any of the different bars.
The night entertaining was all right, some days better than others, but it is not fair complaining about these as you cannot expect to get a "Cirque du Soleil" show in this small and beatiful island.
I should mention the Spa Centre, because although entry was not included (10€) was worth the money, with good selection of treatments. Even better if you can go for a massage package treatment. They should offer 1-week pass or something like that, so you could enjoy it during your stay.
Regarding the staff, everyone was friendly and helpful.
Give this hotel a go if you are looking for a relaxing getaway, and if you want some more action you can always go for some of the day trips that are offered (Caldera de Taburiente, north of the island, etc), or take some of the buses (guaua) that stops at the hotel, and do a day trip to the near lightouse and the Salinas de Fuencaliente (about 1€ each way), San Antonio volcano (no need to pay the entry if you cannot walk around the top), or walk from to the hotel to Playa de La Zamora (20 minutes), a tiny beach with black sand and great views, with a small bar too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel with its gigantic pool area is located in the sunny south-west of La Palma. Above the sea surrounded by banana plantations, the La Palma & Teneguia Princess is a paradise for those seeking tranquility. The layout of the resort resembles a small canarian village. 625 rooms are spread over several buildings, nestled within tropical gardens. Most of the rooms provide amazing sea or garden or pool views. Hotel guests may choose between 11 outdoor pools - including a pool with an artificial beach, a kids pool and an adults-only pool in the nudist area. Relaxation also plays a very important role at the La Palma & Teneguía Princess. Its SPA Aqua Princess offers on 700 m2 a jacuzzi, saunas, vichy showers and hydro-waterbeds. At a total of 5 restaurants (one of them opened seasonally), guests can enjoy hot and cold dishes from the buffet, themed evenings, à la carte meals, snacks or a tasting menu. To burn off those extra calories guests can play tennis, mini golf, use the gym or participate in the sports programme of the animation team. Romantic evenings are included: The La Palma & Teneguía Princess is perfect for sunset lovers and passionate stargazers. It's for a good reason the Isla Bonita has been chosen the world's first ,,Starlight Reserve". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Palma Princess And Teneguia Princess
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Hotel Fuencaliente De La Palma
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Fuencaliente De La Palma