Myself and my husband had the best time ever at this amazing location on this unspoilt island. We were there from the 24th August until the 7th September and this was our first visit here.
This hotel is suitable for families and couples looking to enjoy all the amazing things this complex offers. Yes the hotel is on its own surrounded by banana plantations but we knew this when we booked so we were not expecting to pop out to the shops everyday. This for us was all part of the beautiful charm of this resort and being nestled between the mountains and the ocean was breathtaking, we even caught site of some dolphins and whales at the La Choza restaurant at breakfast.
There is an excellent quality and choice of food at every meal time, the al inclusive drinks were of a good standard and I loved the pina colada cocktail!!!
Yes they do have eleven pools here !!!! and we never had any trouble finding a sun bed in the shade. The grounds were very well kept and spotlessly clean as was the rooms and all parts of the hotel.
What really made this holiday complete for us was the fantastic animation team and brilliant exercise and games programme they have here. We joined in with daily aqua gym, the morning exercise class at 10.30 and they had a dance lesson at 5 o clock where beautiful Mishka taught us salsa and cha cha. I even had a belly dancing lesson which was such fun!!! Lucia the youngest member of the animation team was such a delight to be around and she had so much energy and it was obvious she loved her job!!!
The evening entertainment was amazing and the animation shows were very professionally done. Loved the Abba tribute and African footprints best.
The rooms are large and bright and had very good air conditioning with a seperate shower cubicle in the bathroom which was a bonus for a four star hotel!!!
All the staff were friendly and smiled even when they were under pressure.
One important thing to mention is there were few flys here and after reading other reviews I was expecting to be swarmed by them!! not the case atall and also the journey from the airport is not as bad as some reviews suggest, yes it has some windy parts but there was no one needing sick bags!!
Will we be going back ? YES YES YES AND CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star hotel with its gigantic pool area is located in the sunny south-west of La Palma. Above the sea surrounded by banana plantations, the La Palma & Teneguia Princess is a paradise for those seeking tranquility. The layout of the resort resembles a small canarian village. 625 rooms are spread over several buildings, nestled within tropical gardens. Most of the rooms provide amazing sea or garden or pool views. Hotel guests may choose between 11 outdoor pools - including a pool with an artificial beach, a kids pool and an adults-only pool in the nudist area. Relaxation also plays a very important role at the La Palma & Teneguía Princess. Its SPA Aqua Princess offers on 700 m2 a jacuzzi, saunas, vichy showers and hydro-waterbeds. At a total of 5 restaurants (one of them opened seasonally), guests can enjoy hot and cold dishes from the buffet, themed evenings, à la carte meals, snacks or a tasting menu. To burn off those extra calories guests can play tennis, mini golf, use the gym or participate in the sports programme of the animation team. Romantic evenings are included: The La Palma & Teneguía Princess is perfect for sunset lovers and passionate stargazers. It's for a good reason the Isla Bonita has been chosen the world's first ,,Starlight Reserve". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Palma Princess And Teneguia Princess
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Hotel Fuencaliente De La Palma
- La Palma Princess & Teneguia Princess Fuencaliente De La Palma