My sister had already been there a week when we joined her. I was amazed at the quality of the apartments. We booked a superior one but really apart from a little extra space and the fact ours was on the top floor I could see no difference.
The room where very very vlean and no insects visited us as at other villas apartments in Crete. They provided a mosquito plug, and there a small kitchen area with a two ring hob and basic pans/plates/cups and also a fridge. We got the air conditioning as I have asthma at an extra charge of €7 per night which I thought was expensive, the apartment was charged at a basic rate of €60.
Georgiopolis, is a vibrant town, with super markets, jewellers, a banik and a trvel agent offering tours ect. Lots of lovely Taverenas. Paradise was particularly good, service was a bit slow but the food was wonderful and good value for money, staff really friendly. Next to Anna's super market a guy does the much loved 'Gyros' and we often popped there in the afternoon for a drink and something to eat, again excellant food at a good price.
We went to the beach at the other side of the bridge, where the fishing boats are and local Pelican hangs out, he is more like a pet dog, He sits with the fishermen and the family that run the pedilos hire and is perfectly happy. The beach was so beautiful, sun beds charged at €2,50, and threee tavernas where on the beach, it was so peaceful, the sea crystal clear and safe, you could go out quite a way before coming out of your depth, so the swimming was great. At the end of the beach one of the rivers meets the sea and a short walk up the river bank reveals the turtles, in the opposite direction, you can wal out towards the headland a bit rocky but perfectly safe and its a lovely place to sit and relax and gather your thoughts.
On a couple of days we took the bus to Reythamon market and shops, the cost was €3 return and it took around 40mins, the busses run every hour. Another day we went the other way to Chania the cost and travel time the same, there we visited the market had lunch and shopped on the famous leather street.
I think it would be fair to say that this the place to relax perhaps more suited to older people and families, but there is night life if you want it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At a spot of the village of Georgioupolis, only 150 m from the sea, in a large garden is situated Papapdakis with studios, 25 m/2, + apartments, 36 m/2, for 2 up to 4 guests. Parking, reception and hall are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Papadakis Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Papadakis Apartments Georgioupolis Hotel Georgioupolis
- Papadakis Apartments Crete/Georgioupolis