I will start this review by strongly recommending this unique hotel to anyone who might be interested in north Crete. Orpheas resort is located direct to the sea on the north-western side of the island, 40 min drive from the Chania airport . A lot of the resort is based around all inclusive resort hotels so this stylish, chilled and authentic place was a breath of fresh area.
A perfect boutique hotel in a perfect location.
The hotel has a beach bar that serves lunch til almost 18.00.The service was perfect and the food was all freshly prepared and perfectly presented.
By the main pool there was also a beautiful garden area,with sofas, great place to relax with a bottle of wine.
much more than a 'hotel' we look forward to our return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orpheas Resort set off to change from a simple beach hotel to something different… we felt the time had come to create a space for travelers ready to experience the unexpected, searching for a place to unwind and relax, a resort to appeal to all senses. The playful dialogue with the architectural history of Crete provides wonderful surroundings, carefully selected materials, arty design, harmonic colors together with some funky details result in a feel of laid-back luxury with a bohemian twist. With gardens and lounges filled with tranquility, inspiration and the smile of our staff, Orpheas Resort is a true oasis on Crete. Location: Directly on Crete's longest, and most beautiful beach, 18 kilometers long, beneath the impressive White Mountains. Kavros, a little village with some shops, tavernas and cafes is a short walk, Georgioupolis, once a fishing village and now the vivid touristic center of the area, is 4 km away. In 20 km you reach Rethymnon, the beautiful city with its romantic old town. There's a bus station nearby. 50 km to the airport of Chania and ca. 100 km to the airport of Heraklion give you the choice to select the most convenient flight. Our rooms: Expect a selection of beautiful rooms, each with a different, unique style and set-up, all of them designed to offer maximal comfort and a homely embrace. Arty and inspired, in earthy colors and with unexpected details, they elegantly interpret the local traditions. All our rooms feature: Bathroom with Bathtub / Shower Hairdryer Slippers / Bathrobes Air conditioning (cool/heat) Telephone Mini bar Safe deposit box Satellite TV 26" or 32" LCD Wi-Fi access ( free by the lobby area & with extra cost in the rooms) Beach/pool towels Sound proof windows Furnished balcony or terrace Double cat. A Ca. 16-20 m², with double or twin beds and side sea view, accommodates 2 adults. Double cat. B Ca. 13-16 m², with double or twin beds. Less privileged space, view and location than Double cat. A, accommodates 2 adults. Junior Suite Additional features: Tea & coffee making facilities and daily replenished bottled water included, extra comfortable beds with natural latex cover mattress. Ca. 20-25 m², with a bedroom with double bed and a cozy lounge or sleeping area with side sea view, accommodates up to 3 adults. Suite Spacious and airy with beautiful direct sea view, our suites offer upgraded comfort and feature a terrace with sunbeds and umbrella, a DVD-player, an extra comfortable double bed with natural latex cover mattress and a separate lounge or sleeping area. Ca. 22-30 m², accommodates up to 3 adults. Tea & coffee making facilities and daily replenished bottled water is included. Pool Suite Each of our pool suites features additionally a shared or private plunge pool on the balcony or terrace, with direct sea view, 25-35 m², accommodates up to 3 adults. Food & Drink: Start your day with a sumptuous and healthy breakfast and enjoy your dinner with a big variety of Cretan, Greek and international dishes, all cooked with local ingredients. Both breakfast and dinner are served as a help-yourself-buffet, and our staff will be happy to introduce you not only to Cretan cooking, but also to a rich wine list with mostly Greek labels. During the day our Pool Bar provides a'la carte light snacks & meals, fancy salads and all kinds of refreshments. We can serve also on our beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Orpheas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orpheas Hotel Georgioupolis
- Orpheas Resort Crete/Georgioupolis