Great location just off the main Chania to Rethymno road and just a stroll through the hotel grounds to a good quality sandy beach. Great for swimming as sea is warm (was in Sep anyway) and clear and only chest deep for some way out. Only slight downside re beach is a stony strip just as you enter the water which is rather tough on the feet, but sand for the rest of the way out. This hotel does not pretend to be glitzy or particularly smart instead it provides a relaxed homely atmosphere with friendly & helpful staff throughout, and exceptionally so in the reception area. The buffet style food is adequate without being exceptional but there is plenty of choice. Rooms are fairly basic but cleaned every day with fresh towels provided daily if required. Our ground floor location only had views of the hotel wall next door but this was no problem as we we didn't spend much time inside. A cafe/bar in the grounds provides an adequate all-day selection of food & drinks at reasonable cost for those spending the day on the beach or by the pool. Opposite the hotel entrance is a reasonable selection of gift shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants but we found no night life to speak of and as there was no in-hotel entertainment, early nights were the order of the day. We picked up a car and made our own way to the hotel but although we knew its approximate location we had difficulty finding it as the only external identification is a very small nameplate beside the main entrance. For those in similar difficulty it is between the well signed Vantaris Beach and Happy Days hotels. A car is certainly an asset as the village itself was too small to hold our attention for long but we were able to visit nearby Georgeopolis, the much larger local capital Chania, the beautful & moving Allied War Cemetary at Souda Bay as well as taking an interesting drive across the mountains to catch a ferry to the unique village of Loutro. Crete is a beautiful island and given more than 7 days we could certainly have found many other places to visit. In summary, the Orpheus is a great place if you are looking for a laid-back, relaxing holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orpheas Resort set off to change from a simple beach hotel to something different… we felt the time had come to create a space for travelers ready to experience the unexpected, searching for a place to unwind and relax, a resort to appeal to all senses. The playful dialogue with the architectural history of Crete provides wonderful surroundings, carefully selected materials, arty design, harmonic colors together with some funky details result in a feel of laid-back luxury with a bohemian twist. With gardens and lounges filled with tranquility, inspiration and the smile of our staff, Orpheas Resort is a true oasis on Crete. Location: Directly on Crete's longest, and most beautiful beach, 18 kilometers long, beneath the impressive White Mountains. Kavros, a little village with some shops, tavernas and cafes is a short walk, Georgioupolis, once a fishing village and now the vivid touristic center of the area, is 4 km away. In 20 km you reach Rethymnon, the beautiful city with its romantic old town. There's a bus station nearby. 50 km to the airport of Chania and ca. 100 km to the airport of Heraklion give you the choice to select the most convenient flight. Our rooms: Expect a selection of beautiful rooms, each with a different, unique style and set-up, all of them designed to offer maximal comfort and a homely embrace. Arty and inspired, in earthy colors and with unexpected details, they elegantly interpret the local traditions. All our rooms feature: Bathroom with Bathtub / Shower Hairdryer Slippers / Bathrobes Air conditioning (cool/heat) Telephone Mini bar Safe deposit box Satellite TV 26" or 32" LCD Wi-Fi access ( free by the lobby area & with extra cost in the rooms) Beach/pool towels Sound proof windows Furnished balcony or terrace Double cat. A Ca. 16-20 m², with double or twin beds and side sea view, accommodates 2 adults. Double cat. B Ca. 13-16 m², with double or twin beds. Less privileged space, view and location than Double cat. A, accommodates 2 adults. Junior Suite Additional features: Tea & coffee making facilities and daily replenished bottled water included, extra comfortable beds with natural latex cover mattress. Ca. 20-25 m², with a bedroom with double bed and a cozy lounge or sleeping area with side sea view, accommodates up to 3 adults. Suite Spacious and airy with beautiful direct sea view, our suites offer upgraded comfort and feature a terrace with sunbeds and umbrella, a DVD-player, an extra comfortable double bed with natural latex cover mattress and a separate lounge or sleeping area. Ca. 22-30 m², accommodates up to 3 adults. Tea & coffee making facilities and daily replenished bottled water is included. Pool Suite Each of our pool suites features additionally a shared or private plunge pool on the balcony or terrace, with direct sea view, 25-35 m², accommodates up to 3 adults. Food & Drink: Start your day with a sumptuous and healthy breakfast and enjoy your dinner with a big variety of Cretan, Greek and international dishes, all cooked with local ingredients. Both breakfast and dinner are served as a help-yourself-buffet, and our staff will be happy to introduce you not only to Cretan cooking, but also to a rich wine list with mostly Greek labels. During the day our Pool Bar provides a'la carte light snacks & meals, fancy salads and all kinds of refreshments. We can serve also on our beach! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Orpheas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orpheas Hotel Georgioupolis
- Orpheas Resort Crete/Georgioupolis