We stayed at this hotel in July with our 16-year-old daughter. We arrived at 12.30 am and after we checked in we went to the bar for a drink at 12.40am, only to be told that all inclusive drinks finished 10 minutes ago! We also had to carry our suitcases to our room. The bedroom doors were made of ugly white Upvc .There were not enough sun beds (are there ever!) The rooms were fairly basic.The food was just about ok but rather repetitive. There was "entertainment" a couple of times a week. The so called "spa" was dirty and uninspiring.The bar staff were friendly and it was quite pleasant in the outside bar and restaurant with the mountain views, There was a row of shops/restaurants and internet cafe about 5 mins from the hotel, across a very busy carraigeway. You could get a novel train to the next town of Geogiopolus, which took about 10 mins if you fancied a change of scenery. The beach was not as attractive as it appeared in the website photo, the beach bar and snack bar were shabby and the food was awful. The sea was quite rough and we were informed by a lifeguard that there had been fatalities in recent years. We were the only English people at the hotel, the rest were German, Russian and Italian. If you want 5 star luxuries, this is not the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crete is the land of myths - and Mythos Palace Resort & Spa holds a special place among them! Situated next to one of the most beautiful beaches of northern Crete, in the vicinity of the popular resort of Georgioupolis and the picturesque Kournas Lake, Mythos Palace Resort & Spa is bound to prove that the "myth" of absolute relaxation and Mediterranean luxury can become reality. From the bright lobby with the classical and Minoan references, to the impressive swimming pool in the heart of the resort, from the refined atmosphere of the rooms to the exotic beach, the refreshing Spa and the elegant restaurants and bars, everything has been designed to give you the sense of the Mediterranean geniality and subtle style. Welcome to Mythos Palace Resort & Spa, the place where myths remain alive! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mythos Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mythos Palace Georgioupolis
- Mythos Palace Hotel Georgioupolis
- Mythos Palace Crete/Georgioupolis