We arrived early evening after an adrenalin pumping drive from Fragokastelo across the mountain road - brilliant! We did have a little difficulty finding the hotel but once there received a very warm welcome. Our room was huge and very comfortable. We had a relaxing swim in the pool (only 2 other people in it) and then to the bar for some great cocktails recommended by the barman who was quite a character! A nice dinner and wine to end a great day.
Breakfast was wide ranging and reflected the tastes of the Dutch & German guests there. We asked about local points of interest and we told we MUST walk out into the sea to the Chapel of Saint Nicholas (which we did - well worth visiting but wear non-slip shoes and no socks as a perfectly calm sea can suddenly send in a wave to, momentarily, cover the causeway). Reluctantly, we had to leave for Rethimnou but, on settling the bill, were presented with a small bottle of olive oil pressed from the trees surrounding the hotel. Will definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated within an organic olive garden of 22000 square meters, offers its guests great moments of peace and nature. Its privileged location between the historic cities of Rethymno (17km) and Chania (43km, international airport), allows visitors to explore the island. Enjoy the longest sandy beach of Crete (1km) and relax by the unique ecosystem of Kournas lake (4km). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Otel, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Vardis Olive Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vardis Hotel Georgioupolis
- Vardis Olive Garden Crete/Georgioupolis