“We return year after year.”
Review of Hotel Romantica

Hotel Romantica
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in Georgioupolis
Rena, Norway
“We return year after year.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have been returning to the Romantica year after year & i would not stay anywherelse. Our apartment has always been cleaned to a high standard & towels changed several times a week. Staff at the hotel are faultless & always friendly & willing to help with anything. In 2013 we held our wedding in Crete & the help we received from the General Manager, Voula, was priceless, i can recommend couples look into this if they are looking for a romantic wedding.

We keep returning because of the level of service required & we always have a fantastic holiday.Romantica is close to the beach & all amenities...what more could you want!

Only complaint i have please buy kettles & toasters for all rooms :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jacquieline J
PARASKEVI P, Manager at Hotel Romantica, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Friends,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am glad that you had enjoy your holidays with us. I would arrange for your requirements, toaster and kettlers to all the rooms.
I was really pleased that i was a part of your special wedding day. I am really glad that i could help you.

See you soon

Voula

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a difficult review, because we chose this hotel due to the excellent reviews!

The pros - The hotel is in a great location, local to the beach, shops and the bus stops. The staff are very friendly and very keen to help and sort out any problems. We were given good advice about day trips and things to do.
The room although very basic was clean and there was plenty of storage space. The kitchenette had the usual utensils. but we mostly ate out.

The cons - we requested an upper floor, we also contacted the owners directly with our request, but on arrival we were given a room on the ground floor. We were told it was an upgrade, but it did not feel like it.
The room was overlooked from the street on one side and the pool on the other, so there was a lack of views and privacy. We kept the curtains drawn to save us being gawped at!
There also seemed to be a problem with damp rot on various door frames.

When going out first thing in the morning or when returning back after a day out, we could see the other guests eating, enjoying the sun and views on their balconies, which we could not do and really missed.

After reading the other reviews, I feel that we would have enjoyed a being in a different room.

So if you are lucky enough not to get the same room, you will have a great time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Agent_Krycek
manchester
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We arrived at this hotel by de fault as where we had originally booked could not provide the accommodation we had booked ,however this really worked in our favour.
We were given a very warm friendly welcome from Voula whose family own the hotel and nothing was too much trouble for her or any of the staff.
We had a very large one bed apartment which consisted of a Avery big bathroom with full bath and shower. Large living / kitchen area containing two single beds table and chairs fridge ( with ice packs for the cool bag for the beach) utensils were very basic with just one fraying pan and one large saucepan,this resulted in us having to buy an electric kettle but I am sure had we asked Voula she would have found us a small pan in which to boil water unfortunately we asked Matt who was the concierge and he said that it wasn't possible to supply one.
This having said the were adequate dishes plates glasses cups and crockery.
We had a lovely bedroom with double bed and loads of drawer and wardrobe space.
The balcony was enormous and very private.
The rooms were cleaned every day and towels and sheets changed every fourth day.
Lovely reception and pool bar, and nice sun terrace with lovely swimming pool with separate children's area.

As we should have been originally staying at Zorbas we had to change our transfer arrangements but Voula took care of all this by ringing the company and sorting it all out don't know what we would have done without her,

This holiday could have been a disaster had it not been for Voula and her excellent team who we now feel are more like friends.

When we return to this area this would certainly be our first choice,

Room Tip: Room 105 for large balcony but if you want the late sun room 203 or 204
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 11 nights at the romantica and it was faultless. From the lovely warm, friendly welcome to the great apartment and perfect location. The staff were on hand to help with anything I wanted, even just a chat and as a single female traveller that was a great comfort.
The apartment was always clean, fresh towels and bed changed regularly. I go to georgioupolis every year and have stayed in a few different places but the romantica is definitely the best and I will be back next June!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank seasidegirl26
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just back from our 2nd visit this year to The Romantica. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean. Service is outstanding. What more could you ask for? Already looking forward to next year's holiday at this wonderful hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dakos
Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Romantica Apartments is located 200 meters from the beach of Georgioupolis, near the village center. It has nice, clean and comfortable rooms and a swimming pool, but what makes the difference is the politeness and friendliness of the owner, Voula. Fully recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank manasta
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've just returned from 2 weeks at the Romantica. Reading some of the less generous reviews below I feel those people stayed at a different hotel. Romantica is a fairly typical Greek holiday hotel. It was clean, airy and comfortable. I'd asked for a specific type of room (high up) and was provided with a very quiet room in Block 2 facing towards the beach (you can see the sea but there is another hotel in the way). I felt the room was good and perfect for my holiday requirements (washing and sleeping). I didn't purchase air con as I feel you rarely need it plus I find the noise of it keeps me awake more than the heat. The room was cool. You need to know what you're doing with the doors to help with this though (sitting room one open, bedroom one closed in my opinion)

What makes the difference is the staff? Voula, the owner, really wants you to enjoy your stay and does her best to ensure that you do. Need a taxi to pick you up in a distant town at a certain time? It'll be arranged. Need collecting from the airport? Again all arranged. The service doesn't stop with Voula though. One of her staff, recognising that his Greek and my English were never going to solve my particular problem (wanting a taxi to collect me that evening from Chania), he called Voula for me and then lent me his mobile phone.

I read somewhere below about the shower not attaching to the wall. Ours did but it wasn't attached when we arrived and I needed to think why it had a hole on the back of it and why there was a little metal hook attached to the wall.

I'm hoping to go back to Romantica next year and even if I don't make it next year, the next time I'm in Georgioupolis, I'll be staying at the Romantica.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple