“Best priced studios in Georgioupoulis”
Review of Eleana Studios

Eleana Studios
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Georgioupolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This was my 2nd trip to Georgioupolis and it just gets better. So I can say with certainty that you will enjoy your stay here.

I was met by the affable Antreas and was accommodated in one of the beautifully refurbished Studios. My first stay in this Studio and spotless as usual. It has a full sized fridge, hob and snack making facilities. The shower room has been finished to a very high standard and the the bedroom has very comfortable double and single beds with a big wardrobe, a dressing table and cable t.v. Wifi access is free. The Studio also has a balcony facing the street which is perfectly situated half way between the square and the beach.

I had drinks and snacks at the DeliBar many times. It has the best coffee and ice cream in the village. Crepes and other snacks are readily available as are wines, beers and cocktails.

Georgioupolis is an amazing small village with a beautiful long beach and something to do for everyone. There are plenty of tavernas, shops and bars too. Chania and Retmynon are easily accessible.

Sun, sea, sand, place, food and people make this a very special place to stay. Ana ("the boss") cooked us the best seafood lunch I have ever had. Fish caught that morning and the boss knows how to cook food. It means she knows how food should taste. And if that was not enough - Eleni insisted she took me back to Hania for my return flight. Speed limits are words that she has yet to discover!

I unreservedly recommend that you stay here. I'm just hoping that it stays as is for many years to come. If there is a heaven, then it's here...!

Room Tip: Spacious Studios, spotless and exceptional value.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AnnmKLondon

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Mathematcs people deal with the truth, not opinion. So here is an equation that tells you how it is: Crete + Georgioupolis + Eleana Studios = A perfect holiday.
Don't believe me? Try it and see.
You will not find friendlier hosts than Antreas and the rest of the Papadakis family. They will go out of their way to make your stay memorable. Eleni even picked us up from and drove us back to the airport. How kind is that? And I wasn't scared once. O.K., maybe six times! (Only joking, Eleni!)

We love it and keep going back. So will you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Dr_Charnhill
Reviewed August 8, 2012

First time in Georgioupolis, and we hit Bulls's eye thanks to the excellent reviews here at Tripadvisor! The reviews are to the point, the host family is so friendly and hospitable. The rooms are way beyond the usual standard, the Deli Bar is perfect and everything is close.

Georgioupolis is a wonderful place to stay, a beach 9 km long and beautiful surroundings. You don't need a car for anything, walk to the beach and restaurants and convenient bus service to Chania and Rethymnon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Frank S
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Returned again to Eleana Studios as always a fantastic stay here. The rooms have all been totally refurbished to an exceptional standard with new bathrooms and also the beds have been replaced and have really comfortable mattresses. Having the two cooking rings are more than adequate if you feel like rustling up something quick and relaxing on the balcony but with the excellent Delibar downstairs ideal for drinks, snacks and really good crepes you might not bother.
With so many choices of restaurants nearby you should have no problem finding a good place to have your evening meal. Antreas,Kostas,Eleni and their parents Yiannis and Anna really go out of their way to make your stay here really enjoyable,nothing is too much trouble and always find the time to talk with you. During our stay Yiannis and Kostas each caught a Tuna and Anna cooked them and we shared the meal.Really a fantastic taste of home cooked Cretan food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank T-Tzatziki
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a great place - we've stayed here before - so knew what to expect. Clean, comfortable rooms, a great location (2 minutes to the square, beach and swimming pool) with a warm welcome and they are fun by a fantastic and hard working (no lazy Greeks here!) family.

Since last year, all of the bathrooms in the Studios have been completley upgraded, and are superb (they were so good we took some photos which I'll upload soon.)

As well as new bathrooms, all the studios have had new beds, with excellent mattresses. Often in Greece we've found the only downside to some places is the Beds and the Bathrooms - no such worries here.

As well as the rooms, the family operate a deli bar downstairs, great Crepes, Waffles, Juices etc...

Antreas, Kostas, Eleni together with their parents Yannis and Anna make this the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank billyseagull
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I´m sitting at Eleanas, writing this right now. It´s our third time here, and we will certainly come back... The studios are runned by a beautiful family, Yannis, Ana and their sons; Antreas and Kostas, in addition they have a daughter Elena... not to difficult to figure out where the name comes from....
They are all wery service minded, helpful and polight. The rooms are newly renovated this year, and they are kept clean and nice..
I would reccomend this place to any of my friends, without doubt..
Now I have no more time to writing, because I´m going on a boat trip fishing Tunas with Kostas and his father...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Zenior
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thank God there are too many flights from UK beacuse definately I'm going to visit Georgioupoli again and stay at Eleana Studios. It's very close from the airport (aprox.15 min), 10 min from Rethimno city, 20-25 min from Chania city and generally the place is in great location for travelling around half the island of Crete. The owners are the cutest family there! Very hospitable and friendly,they make you feel part of their family from the beginning! I loved Mama Anna with the fresh juices from the snack bar right next to the studios (really convenient because that snack bar had everything we needed for the day and it was closing around our bed time,so we had very quiet sleep). The room was new and very clean (as well as the bathroom-quite important for me). The beach is great....long and sandy....really close to the Studios. In conclusion I had great holidays there and I miss it already!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple