“A fantastic place...”

Eleana Studios
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Georgioupolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I´m sitting at Eleanas, writing this right now. It´s our third time here, and we will certainly come back... The studios are runned by a beautiful family, Yannis, Ana and their sons; Antreas and Kostas, in addition they have a daughter Elena... not to difficult to figure out where the name comes from....
They are all wery service minded, helpful and polight. The rooms are newly renovated this year, and they are kept clean and nice..
I would reccomend this place to any of my friends, without doubt..
Now I have no more time to writing, because I´m going on a boat trip fishing Tunas with Kostas and his father...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Zenior
There are newer reviews for Eleana Studios

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Thank God there are too many flights from UK beacuse definately I'm going to visit Georgioupoli again and stay at Eleana Studios. It's very close from the airport (aprox.15 min), 10 min from Rethimno city, 20-25 min from Chania city and generally the place is in great location for travelling around half the island of Crete. The owners are the cutest family there! Very hospitable and friendly,they make you feel part of their family from the beginning! I loved Mama Anna with the fresh juices from the snack bar right next to the studios (really convenient because that snack bar had everything we needed for the day and it was closing around our bed time,so we had very quiet sleep). The room was new and very clean (as well as the bathroom-quite important for me). The beach is great....long and sandy....really close to the Studios. In conclusion I had great holidays there and I miss it already!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Joshua M
Reviewed June 28, 2012

For although we were not guests at Eleana Studios, we still visited the Eleana deli bar everyday, for lunch, crepe's, waffles or even in passing just for an ice cream. The food was beautiful, Andreas and Kostas took time to put effort in to what they were serving to every customer!

We made brilliant friends with the lads, we wish we hadn't left Georgioupolis so soon but are highly tempted to come back in the near future and to make our reservation within the studios.

- Emma & Conor

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank EmmaDH
Reviewed June 26, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome by both Eleni and Antreas. The rooms have recently been refurbished to a very high standard. The bathroom is in a modern style with glass surrounding the shower! There are 5 spacious rooms, 2 at the rear of the property and 3 at the front, all with balconies.

The Deli-bar below is excellent value serving everything you can imagine. All different food options are available at any time of the day and wonderful crepes and ice-creams too! Beers, wine and cocktails are also on offer so if you stay here it's difficult to leave!

Antreas and Eleni are good company and will help with local information on the best beaches and places to visit. Nothing is too much trouble for them as they make sure your stay is comfortable. They spend time with you but not too much as to be intrusive, they are interested in your day and what they can do to make it even better. This usually involves raki!

We enjoyed our stay here so much and loved Georgioupoli, that we are going again in September. Thank you to Antreas and Eleni for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have bigger balconies than those at the back!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank DayKP
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I made my first visit to Eleana Studios at the end of May. I just wanted to get out of London for a week and have a beach holiday without the stresses of life in London . I still cannot believe how lucky I was in choosing Eleana Studios for my stay. I got more than I expected! The rooms are spacious, spotless and are finished to a high quality standard. They have the extra facility of a small cooking range and free WiFi. I was very impressed. They are just a minute from the beach, the Edem swimming pool and the square and are ideally located for visits to Chania or Rethymnon. The Delibar downstairs is a great place to 'hang out' after a day on the beach. They have a full range of cocktails, beers, wines and snacks. Eleni makes a great Cafe Americano and the yoghurt with oranges were delicious, Antreas too made some "mean" cocktails in my favourite colour - green! Their mother was so generous - she picked for me some mountain tea and bay leaves. Wow! Not many people would make that effort! I was so impressed by the whole experience and the hospitality of the Papadakis family.

Room Tip: Prices are very reasonable especially for the British and Americans with the Euro at a very good rat...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank AnnmKLondon
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This is an update on the Eleana Studios. We have just returned from our second visit this year.
Although the rooms are basic they are very comfortable spotlessly clean with a balcony and the facilities are more than adequate with a small cooking range,air con and fridge.WiFi is also included.The rooms are ideally situated for the beach and the many restaurants. The Delibar downstairs is ideal for snacks and a relaxing drink, the crepes are excellent but what makes the studios stand apart from others is Antreas and his family who genuinely make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
26  Thank T-Tzatziki
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed at Eleana's studios in July 2011. The studios are in an ideal location close to the beach, swimming pool, main square etc.Although the studios are basic they benefit from both air conditioning and free wi- fi. We made extensive use of both these facilities. The rooms are a good size, clean (they are cleaned 6 days a week) and there is sufficient storage space. The studios have basic cooking facilities but with Eleana's Deli downstairs who wants to cook? The best thing about Eleana's Studios is the Papadakis family! Antreas, Costas, Eleni and their parents made us feel very welcome and went out of their way to ensure we had a good holiday. They are an excellent example of the famous Greek 'φιλοξενία'! Having the deli bar downstairs was great and we particularly enjoyed the freshly squeezed orange juice,the crepes, the cocktails and, of course, the raki has to get a mention! We had a fantastic time and definitely wish we were still there!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
20  Thank Barbara601
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgioupolis
Georgioupolis Beach Hotel
#26 of 47 in Georgioupolis
Blue Dream Apartments
Blue Dream Apartments
#85 of 175 in Rethymnon

Been to Eleana Studios? Share your experiences!