“Normandy D-Day Tour with Roel - The Best!”
Review of Victory Tours

Victory Tours
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Planquery
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I booked a tour with Roel Klinkhamer via his www.victorytours.com website based on reviews that I read on this site as well as others. We met Roel and the rest of the group on 9/25/13 for a full day D-Day Tour and were very pleased with the entire experience. Roel is a true professional guide and is very passionate about this material and is eager to share his experiences and knowledge that he has acquired over many years of handling these tours.
I also believe that touring the sights in a smaller group was a far better decision since it allowed us to ask questions and get a little more in depth than I would imagine a larger tour group would allow. Truly one of the highlights of our trip to France.

2  Thank YDLK

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Our one day tour of Normandy with Rouel was one of the highlights of our trip to France. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about D Day.. he brings the events to life with his facts, binder of photos, and personal stories from the Veterans who he has met through the years. Rouel was very helpful and communicative by email prior to our visit. He told me exactly which trains to take from Paris to Caen to Bayeaux, and return to Paris. Again, one of the highlights of our two week trip to Paris and Nice.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Roel was a wonderful guide. Our small group started in the beautiful town of Bayeux. Roel kept one step ahead of any large bus group that was arriving to the areas. At times it seemed as if we had the beaches to ourselves with Roel describing the events of D Day in detail and emotion. We took the full day tour and the time flew by. I cannot imagine touring these beaches without Roel. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We took the one-day tour as a day trip from Paris and as a student of WWII, I can say that Roel really knows his stuff, makes it a living thing for his customers and tells his stories with passion, humour and empathy without getting maudlin. A fabulous experience, and a wonderful man make for an unforgettable day. Absolutely not to be missed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We did a full day tour with Roel as a day trip from Paris. The tour was simply amazing.

Roel's knowledge, passion for the area and the events that occurred there, made for a truly unique experience that we will certainly never forget.

The tour is truly a full day, starting at about 9:30 and ending at 5:00. That said the time went by so fast, I could hardly believe it. The tour, and the area are so engaging, that one really seems to lose track of time.

During the full day tour we spent time at Arromanches, Omaha Beach, The American Cemetery, and Point du Hoc. At each location Roel provided us with a wealth of information, shared stories from his own research, and from people he has met along the way. Then were were given time at each to soak up the area ourselves before moving on.

Upon our return to Bayeux at the end of the tour, Roel even recommended a great place to get a quick bite to eat before the train back to Paris.

A tour like this truly is made exceptional by the amount of personal investment in the subject that the guide has. In this case, Roel has dedicated many years of his life to the subject of Normandy and D-Day, and his passion for it makes his tour simply the best.

I would recommend at least the full day tour. Even on the full day tour, there was certainly a lot more that we would have loved to have seen that simply wasn't possible in the amount of time available. The half day tour would likely be very rushed, in my opinion, but having not taken it, I can't say for certain. I can say for certain, that if there had been more time, I certainly would have splurged for his two day tour.