Le Macassar
$55
$50
$55
Premiere Classe Amiens - Glisy(Glisy)(Great Value!)
$43
$87
$108
$95
$102
Ibis Budget Amiens Centre Gare(Amiens)(Great Value!)
$65
All reviewsother guestsart decob bperfect hoststown squarehuge bathroomsunday nightgenerous hostscooked breakfastbase to exploreshort drivestained glassbreadhighly recommend lewar sitesyogurtempire suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Ian and Miguel are the magic ingredients at Le Macassar. Never in all our years of traveling have we been greeted with such warmth from our hosts. We had traveled from Paris and arrived about 4pm. Le Macassar in Corbie is very easy to find (free parking directly outside). We rang the bell by the side of the very large double doors and Ian came almost immediately with a lovely warm smile, welcoming us in to his beautiful home and showing us through to the lounge area where we took a seat. You can feel the magnificence of this wonderful building as soon as you enter. My eyes were feasting on the decor as I walked through it. It is indeed a small and very beautifully formed luxury hotel, but we felt that it was also incredibly homely. Ian and Miguel encourage you to use the hotel as you would your own home in fact. We were encouraged to have a drink after our journey and offered a choice of many including bubbly, which we decided to accept, as we were after all, there for my special birthday and it seemed very apt. It was perfect and beautifully chilled. We chatted happily with Ian and Miguel, sipped champagne and ate nibbles for some time, during which other guests came back from their days out and joined the chatter. Everyone blended well and we felt very relaxed. We could have happily sat there all night chatting, however, our plans were to eat at one of the restaurants in Corbie (5 minutes walk). Ian showed us up to our room, at about 7:30, and it was simply stunning(double deluxe). Very comfy bed indeed. Beautiful bathroom. We had a lovely evening in the local restaurant, Ian and Miguel would happily have joined us in a night cap on our return but we were tired and retired straight away after our lovely day. Breakfast was perfect and just as previous reviewers have stated. Ian and Miguel make a fantastic team and are so much in tune with each other and their guests. They happily showed us around their beautiful home before we left. Nothing is too much trouble for them and I would highly recommend you book this hotel early if you are considering it as they book up fast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debandez
Reviewed June 6, 2012

A wonderful place to base yourself in the north of France. Ian & Miguel do everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Lovely rooms of great charm and comfortable beds dressed with quality linen. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hepast
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I booked Le Macassar as part of a surprise for my partner and i cant say enough good things. Everything was perfect, such attention to detail. Miguel and Ian made us feel so welcome. Miguel is a terrific cook and the wine Ian served was delicious. I wish we could have stayed longer. It's pure Heaven. Thank you both so much.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I cannot put into words how wonderful Le Macassar is! Every room had amazing decor. The bathroom was my favorite room. We stayed in the Empire Suite. The entire room was luxurious! They provided high end bath salts, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion & soaps! The bath tub had a rack that you could put a book on & with a candle so you could have a relaxing bath & read by candlelight. They have amazingly yummy chocolates & water in the room as well.The room had electronic blinds that came down and blocked out all sunlight for complete peacefulness if wanted. Breakfast, was a feast, like Thanksgiving. It was just my Husband & I staying there and they had an entire table full of food! Miguel and Ian went way over and beyond even the nicest hotels I have stayed at to help us! Corbie is an amazing town! I want to make this a yearly trip from the US. I cannot wait to be able to stay longer.
This place should be a TripAdvisor winner every year!
Thank you so much for all of your help making this trip unforgetable!

Room Tip: Every room was beautiful. Empire Suite was on the ground leve, had its own entrance and was right by the front gate which is handy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacy K
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The facilities were excellent and the hotel was beautifully decorated. Great care had been taken in the selection of furniture and furnishings. Ian and Miguel are great hosts who add a personal touch to their service. Breakfasts were memorable. The dogs were friendly and added character to the place. I can highly recommend Le Macassar

Big Mike