Tripadvisor
Hooe
Post
Inbox
Search

“Just left the Lamb inn and”
Review of The Lamb Inn, Hooe

The Lamb Inn, Hooe
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Hooe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family-friendly country pub with open fires, exposed beams and great food; dog are welcome too, with complimentary biscuits and water always available. The inn is mentioned in the Doomsday Book in 1084 when it was most likely a shepherd's cottage built halfway between the shepherd's homes and the traditional grazing pastures. In 1520 the cottage became an Inn with a charter allowing shepherds to warm their sickly lambs by the fires. ~ A country pub oozing rural charm and rustic character, our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar. Whether you are planning dinner with friends or Sunday lunch with family, book a table online and enjoy some quality time with those you love the most.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just left the Lamb inn and I must be honest! Probably wouldn’t return.

Booked a table for 3 on Saturday at 13:00.
We were sat straight away by the open fire, lovely, so far so good.
Waitress took our drinks order after about a 5 minute wait. Drinks came and food order was taken. This was 13:10 ish. Ordered Soup, prawns and Calamari to start, this came around 13:33, almost 30 minutes for starters. Not so good!

We’d ordered pork belly, turkey pie and lobster fish cakes for main. This took a further 40 minutes to arrive!! Very slow. No explanation on why.
Pie and pork belly were great, served hot with plenty of sides, however! My lobster fish cakes with Broccoli and new potatoes were cold or at best Luke warm, tasteless with 2 of the tiniest sprigs of broccoli I’ve ever seen and no lobster to speak about in my cakes... very disappointing from start to finish.

We’re we’re not asked once if we were or had enjoyed our food, even though my food was still on the plate, or if we would like another drink whilst we waited (so long) for our meal.

All in all, a waisted Saturday afternoon and a spoilt birthday celebration

Sorry Dad

Sorry Lamb, we won’t be back, shame because we loved the atmosphere and surroundings

Date of visit: January 2020
GeneralManagerAA, Owner at The Lamb Inn, Hooe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit with us this Saturday lunch time. We were experiencing a much busier than anticipated lunchtime, and we apologize for the wait you had for the food to arrive. This should have been communicated to you from our server when she was taking your order, so my appologises that this did not happen.
We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at 01424 848649 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Write a reviewReviews (622)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hi, met up with an old friend last night at The Lamb Inn - lovely place on the outskirts of Hooe. I've never been there so didn't know what to expect. It was a cold night, and both fires were burning brightly on our arrival, the food was amazing and the service was exceptional - Frankie was the best waitress ever! Will definitely come again here! Well done :)

Date of visit: January 2020
GeneralManagerAA, Owner at The Lamb Inn, Hooe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Shout it from the rooftops, Samantha!
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor; Frankie & the team are delighted with your comments; we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The place and the staff are greatut can't say the same regarding the food. A long blonde hair in my fish and chips, steak off the menu, so had to opt for a extremely salty gammon steak, left, and order a soup for my 3 years old... Full of spices that he couldn't eat. Don't mind to spend money for good food... I do mind for when is worthless.

Date of visit: January 2020

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your visit with us. In regards to this occasion, all of our chefs wear the correct uniform to ensure that any cross contamination is kept at bay, and we apologize again for your experience.
Sorry that we could not make you a replacement meal, and I hope this doesn't keep to from returning to us in the future.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

Team Lamb

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Friendly staff, good service, lovely food all served hot and together. Dogs welcome and treats and drink for them as well

Date of visit: October 2019
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Lamb Inn, Hooe, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Thank you very much for your kind words.

They are much appreciated. We very much look forward to seeing your four-legged companions!

Reviewed January 6, 2020

I Went to the Lamb on Saturday evening with two very good friends for a meal, having had a bad experience there before, I thought that may have been a one-off, so I’ll give it the benefit it of the doubt. Unfortunately I again, had a really bad meal. We we early (7pm), had booked a table and I opted for gammon, egg and chips. The eggs were solid - like frizzby’s, and swimming in oil, so I sent it back. The new meal arrived about 20 minutes later (20 minutes to cook 2 fried eggs?), just as my friends were finishing their meals. Again the eggs were solid and there was so much oil on the plate, the chips were soaking in it. Also, the gammon was stone cold.

To be fair, they didn’t charge me for it, but that didn’t alter he fact that the evening was ruined for me by exceptionally, badly cooked food.

No excuses - that weren’t busy and the evening was ruined!

Date of visit: January 2020
GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Lamb Inn, Hooe, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.
We hope you will consider us again in the future.