1,210 results
All reviews horse riding stone town free shuttle tennis courts table tennis f b manager deluxe room food and beverage manager all inclusive package jetty bar breakfast and dinner water sports every evening private beach special thanks our honeymoon live entertainment
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel was excellent! Very clean, spacious & plenty of activities (from pool table to horse riding). The staff were friendly & efficient - the number of staff to guest ratio was very good, there was always someone to help.

I also would like to make a special mention to the horse riding activity (especially the lovely couple who run it). This is always something my wife wanted to do, but was nervous to do alone & as I am not too keen on horses, this has never materialised. My wife booked the activity, I came along to take photos (required a little convincing). The couple made every effort to make the activity fun for both of us, taking my wife riding through the woodland & on the beach, while giving me good locations to take photos from during their ride & even afterwards. I can not thank them both enough for their time - their passion for the activity was inspirational & made the event more than enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddie J
SeaCliffManagement, General Manager at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you so much for such a lovely review of our property. What a wonderful memory your wife will have of her horse-riding at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa. Hoping that this may be the first of many more returns. Karibu Sana

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Good hotel overall,very disappointed with the restaurant bar who charged for 2 glass white wine as a one full bottle,they thought they could get away until I checked the bill,would recommend everyone to check their bills thoroughly.
Also surprised the extra 5% charge for paying by credit card,which I thought was a sheer Ripoff.
Could not give me bill at checkout,saying would send by email and am still waiting after 6 days.

• Stayed: September 2013
SeaCliffManagement, General Manager at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment about your stay with us at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa.

I was disappointed to read about the charges to your account at our "Zanzi-Bar" outlet. This has been addressed with our food and beverage team to ensure such a discrepancy does not occur again.

With regards to the check out bill, my apologies for the inconvenience. Unfortunately at the time the resort was in the teething stages of a new system. I do recall that the Front Office Manager had explained this to you as well as offered to provide you with a "manual" invoice issued from our accounts department as well as to forward you the original invoice once the system was up and running. My apologies that this was not a suitable solution.

Unfortunately, due to credit/debit cards not being widely accepted across the island, there is a standard 5% - 11% bank imposed surcharge on all transactions. Sea Cliff Resort & Spa chooses to charge the minimum amount of 5%.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went to Sea Cliff as part of our Honeymoon and were utterly enchanted with the place. It is a truly beautiful resort with excellent service, great facilities and (this is important for me!) amazing food.

The staff were fantastic in general. At one point we were both feeling unwell and they got a doctor out to see us at very short notice and then kept checking up on us for the rest of our holiday.

As a honeymoon couple we got lots of nice extras as well including a bottle of champagne, fruit in our room (that seems to be a honeymoon essential), a seafood dinner and free couples massage.

One slight downside is the fact that the beach by the resort is not the greatest but with so many swimming pools at the Sea Cliff and a lovely sea view that wasn't much of a problem for us.

I know I mentioned it before but the food really was tremendous. It was the best buffet I've ever eaten by a country mile and better than most restaurants I've been to. It was belt-loosening for sure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank heirapparent2

Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your stay with us at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa.

We are so pleased to hear that we were able to be apart of another "dream" honeymoon. Congratulations once again from the TEAM.

Your compliments will be passed onto the rest of the TEAM. It is always wonderful to hear from our guests and we believe it is a powerful tool to incorporate into the service we strive towards.

Unfortunately due to our location on the WEST Coast of the island, we are affected by fairly dramatic changes in the tide. We are pleased to hear though that this did not deter your stay in any way.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to paradise in the not too distant future.

KARIBU TENA!

Best Regards

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed at Sea Cliff 5 nights after three back-to-back safaris. This was the relaxing end to an action-packed honeymoon. We had planned and looked forward to this trip for nearly 2 yrs. The honeymoon package is filled with wonderful and generous treats - a welcome bottle of champagne, fruit platter, and floral display on your door; couples massage, and private romantic dinner of your choice.

Arriving exhausted, we were welcomed with cold drinks into the beautiful lobby with its modern Arabic-inspired architecture and antique artistic accents. The ambience is unique, beautiful, and peaceful with gentle waves crashing below. The gym and sports facilities are excellent (even for decent strength training or lap swimming). Food is abundant, beautifully presented, with estensive culinary options to suit any taste.

We didn't receive the honeymoon package. Other honeymooners were next door and we began to wonder why we didnt get equal treatment. After discussing with management, we learned that our travel agent failed to notify SeaCliff that we'd booked a honeymoon package.
The General Manager, Abre Esterhuizen, upon learning how much we had been looking forward to this, personally arranged the package details immediately and delivered fresh flowers and a welcome note to our room. This personal human touch was greatly appreciated! He also gracisously offered us a complimentary tour to make amends.

In the end, the honeymoon pacakge was wonderful! The catering director, Mark, organized a personalized and romantic dinner overlooking the sea. Delicious and Generous portions!

The spa is excellent--reasonably priced services, nice sauna and steamroom, tranquil ambience, friendly staff who gave us great massages.

Summary--Sea Cliff offers tranquil ambience, delicious food in abundance, plenty of amenities, and staff are friendly. Management is approachable and responsive to customer concerns.

Wonderful and memorable experience!

Room Tip: Sea view is worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JClaire037
SeaCliffManagement, General Manager at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

It was wonderful to meet you during your recent stay with us and I am grateful for you to have taken the time to post your review.

Our goal is to always create a unique and wonderful experience for all our guests. The beautiful surroundings and the resort facilities make us a popular honeymoon destination and we are well known for our “little extras” offered to newly weds. Unfortunately, we were not informed by your tour operator that you were in fact honeymooners and unfortunately this resulted in a disappointing start to your stay with us.

Although things got off to a bit of a bumpy start, I am pleased to see that we were able to turn things around and make this the dream you hoped it would be. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary “spice tour” which is always very popular and entertaining.

Due to our location on the island, we are lucky enough to have one of the most beautiful views. The theatrical sunsets and the dramatic change in the tides make it the perfect back grounding setting for a romantic dinner which I am elated to hear was memorable.

Shwari Spa is very popular with all our guests for its tranquility and dreamy feel. Our therapists are well known for making each treatment a unique experience for all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your comments. I will definitely share your review with the rest of the TEAM. It is always good to hear when our GUESTS find our resort to be of such a high standard as we pride ourselves on delivering the best.

Should your travels ever find you back on the island of Zanzibar, I do hope we will have the pleasure of hosting you once again.

KARIBU TENA!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We came to Sea Cliff after having two amazing adventure hotels on Mafia Island. This was a bit of luxury after "roughing it". It certainly was luxury in terms of facilities and warm showers and comfortable bedrooms, etc. The sport facilities here are amazing - squash, tennis, pool, ping ping, bike hire, horse riding - and also two lovely swimming pools where the kids played the days away. However, unfortunately the service really let this place down. Apart from Victoria the receptionist, Amani our waiter and the Leisure Manager who did all he could to find a bike my son could fit on to go for a bike ride. Otherwise, the service was lukewarm at best. I would not recommend this place and I won't be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Victoria B
SeaCliffManagement, General Manager at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed the grounds and facilities we have on offer.

I was disappointed to read that you were less than satisfied with the service provided by our team. I can assure you that we have gone through your comments in detail and as a TEAM we will be discussing your points to see where improvements can be made as this certainly does not reflect the high level of service we are always proud to offer and more than often, complimented on.

Once again, thank you for your time.

Kind regards,