Sea Cliff Resort & Spa
$88
$70
Orbitz.com
$169
Princess Salme Inn(Stone Town)(Great Value!)
$14
$12
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Warere Town House(Stone Town)(Great Value!)
$50
TripAdvisor
Kholle House(Stone Town)
$153
1,120 results
All reviewshorse ridingstone towntennis courtstable tennisfree shuttlef b managersuperior roomall inclusive packagebreakfast and dinnerfood and beverage managerjetty barevery eveningwater sportslive entertainmentour honeymoonprivate beachspecial thanks
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We spent a 3 days unwinding week-end at Sea Cliff Zanzibar. The set-up of the hotel is fantastic and the activity program is wonderful. Do not miss the horse riding or the hotel beach just outside the hotel perimeter. The rooms are very nice and with good view on the ocean. The dinner buffet is ok with good choices everyday but nothing stunning and certainly not desserts (while fruits are as usual very tasty). So spend your day on bikes, palying tennis, squash, table tennis, kayaking or even go for sailing on the small laser boat at the beach or just relax by the pool with some of the fantastic juice you order fresh from the bar. Your kids will love it that is sure.

Room Tip: ALl rooms have good view on the ocean but if you choose for a superior room, try to get 113, it is right on the edge of the building with both terraces facing the ocean
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SeaCliffManagement, Front Office Manager at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future and WOW you with our food.

Karibu Tena!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is perfect if you are looking to just relax and get away from it all. You will hardly remember that you are in Tanzania in fact. The resort is so self-contained with activities and restaurants on site that you really have to make an effort to engage in anything resembling local culture. The resort offered day snorkelling trips but the prices were a complete rip off (ex. $80 transportation fee that would cost $10 by local taxi). If you are the type of traveller that is looking to interact more with the local culture, food and events then I would not recommend this place. However if you are simply looking for a place to lie by the pool with a cold drink and occassionally play sports, this would be a good option. Don't bother booking the hotel shuttle to pick you up from the airport for $42 one way - you can easily find a local taxi and bargain down to a much lower price. The service in the restaurant is not great - we always had to hunt down a waiter to take our order, and they would often forget to bring items that we had asked for. I would say that poor restaurant service is one quality that would keep my rating as a 4 instead of 5. Otherwise, physically its a beautiful place. It seems to be geared to couples, honeymooners etc. Not really a great option for single travellers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redskins70

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us.

Although overall it seems like a good experience was had by you, we apologise for poor service you experienced in the restaurant. We really appreciate the feedback you have provided as it allows us to focus on our shortcomings and improve the overall quality of our guests experience.

I hope to welcome you back to Sea Cliff Resort & Spa in the future.

Karibu Tena!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to stay at Sea Cliff for 7 nights and it was one of the best trips ever. We would definitely recommend sea cliff, the food was amazing, service of a very high standard and the views are magical. The rooms are also wonderful and we even had a sea view! One (small) criticism is tje lack of a noce beach at the resort, bit we went on daily excursions where we swam at lovely beaches.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank morrieforrie

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us.

Its always wonderful to hear such good feedback from our guests.

Unfortunately, because of our location on the West Coast of the island, the tide does affect us. A plus side to our location is that we are in good proximity to both Stone Town and the North Coast which is ideal for swimming, snorkeling and diving.

I hope to welcome you back in the future to Sea Cliff Resort & Spa.

KARIBU TENA.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I spent 4 nights at this beautiful resort and I didn't want to leave... From the moment I arrived I felt I had been there for weeks, the staff were so welcoming and friendly, the resort is spotless, the views amazing and the infinity pool the longest I have seen..... My room was spacious with a view of the ocean and even though the hotel was quite full while I was staying there I didn't hear any noise from other guests and I had a great night sleep every night.
I had the half board package, the breakfast buffet was excellent, lots of fresh fruits to chose from and in the evenings a different buffet from around the world complete with entertainment.
Drinks were not expensive and a must is to sip a cocktail (or two) at the jetty bar and watch the sunset.
The staff were amazing, always ready with a smile and nothing was too much trouble.
I left with wonderful memories, a great tan and a promise to return. A big thumbs ups.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable, ask for a sea view room as the view is breath taking
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank trasmithy
SeaCliffManagement, General Manager at Sea Cliff Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about Sea Cliff Resort and Spa.

It’s always encouraging to receive such positive feedback and my TEAM and I are very glad to know that you enjoyed our hotel so much.

We hope to welcome you BACK to our small piece of paradise in the near future.

Take care,

Abre Esterhuizen

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Service at its best...an absolutely wonderful stay! Dean, Maggie and the rest of the guys went out of their way to make our stay most comfortable. Compliments to the chef (Mario & Sogi) and his team for providing an exceptional menu especially for us while catering for our special needs! Thanks guys

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank OmarElSaadi

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us.

It is always a wonderful thing to see that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and they consider the resort their home away from home. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the TEAM!

WE hope to welcome you back in the near future.

KARIBU TENA!