Blooming Hotel
Bergen1928(Bergen)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
Agoda.com
All reviewsdinner menuevening mealrent a bikegreat choicetwo nightssingle roomrelaxing breakpersonal touchmain issuebreakfast was excellentbusiness hotelthe ground floorforestdunesnatureseaalkmaar
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have now stayed at The Blooming on 4 separate occasions.
We usually stay as part of a long cycling trip around NL.
The weekend just gone, was exactly the same, but this time we brought 2 friends from the UK with us. We had tried not raise expectations too high, as we didn’t want to rave about how lovely it all was and then be let down with typical Dutch poor service, but we needn’t have worried…. The Blooming was, as always, beautiful, friendly, comfortable, fun and restaurant Vigor was delicious!
As I’m so used to being let down by hotels and restaurants in NL, I had emailed and called lots of times to ensure that everything I’d booked for our friends and ourselves was right – I must have been such a nuisance – but the staff were charming and efficient, as always.
Checking in was smooth, everything we had requested was done to perfection and we could just start on the serious business of relaxing and making the most of the wonderful facilities!
We enjoyed cocktails by the water, a most delicious meal in Vigor and late night drinks and laughter in the bar. The breakfasts (as always) were fabulous and plentiful (and watching the territorial behaviour around the buffet stations as entertaining as ever!) and we made good use of the pool, jacuzzi and sauna….. heaven!
The following day was spent at Jongens beach-club – which is really good and relaxed and more sun-downers at the hotel before cycling in to beautiful Bergen (definitely our favourite place in NL) for dinner.
We never want to leave The Blooming and always spend the next few days feeling gloomy because it’s over – but we are more motivated than ever to make sure we are back again soon.
The trip was the best yet and I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.
We had The Blooming Way offer, which included a meal (no “cheap options” in terms of the menu – it was all of the highest standard and truly delicious), a cocktail (no restrictive cocktail lists only offering naff watered-down boring drinks – we could have whatever we wanted!) and 2 nights b&b for around 125 euros per person. That is an excellent deal. No wonder the hotel was fully booked.
Of course we spent much more money on extras – but didn’t regret a cent – all money very well spent.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to the best hotel in NL – Can’t wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Located in a forest, in the neighborhood of a delightfull small Dutch town, it looks like an idylic location.
However, after check-in, management flaws just start to surface.First room I was checked in (1204), was smelling damp really bad. I asked to change and with some reluctance I was given another one (1304). The smell here was OK, but it was more than obvious that the cleaning personnel did not do their job properly. The window glass was very dirty, there was also sand on the interior. I am also posting some pictures, hoping the management of the hotel will see this and hopefully fix it.
In general the room's furniture and amenities looked worn and out-of-date. Same for the hall, elevator, etc.
The bed and the sheets were all right, excellent quality as usual in Holland, therefore the sleep was good.
There is a new wing of the hotel, I could not get a room there but I suppose the aspect substantially better. I would advise any future travelers to ask for a room there.
Al in all, average, not to avoid, but also not to specially recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

For our family of four a weekend at Blooming is the perfect way to recover from hectic every day life.
Its luxurious without being posh, staff are super friendly to children and grown ups alike. Food is lovely and so are the rooms. The surroundings are tranquil and to top it all (according to our children) there is a pool!
It doesn't come cheap but what else could one wish for?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Natasja_8
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had 2 nights at blooming and really enjoyed it. I booked a package including bicycle hire, a picnic package and 1 evening meal.

The room, setting, food and people were lovely. The hotel is set in the dunes which is very tranquil but is really near beautiful Bergen, and also Alkmaar and of course the beach. We had a room far away from the noiser guests (not sure if the hotel did that on purpose - if so - thank you!)

Bergen is wonderful - we loved it.

There were a couple of minor points though:

- there is no shower cap in the room and none to be found in the whole hotel which is a problem for a woman with long hair who wants to use the rain shower without getting her hair wet.

- there was also an issue about what exactly was included in the dinner part of the arrangement we had booked, but this was dealt with well by staff.

- breakfast was very busy every morning but was delicious.

- the bicycle included in the package only had pedal brakes a little scary for non-Dutch people!

I would definitely recommend blooming for a lovely weekend away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of a corridor so you don't hear everyone (including the many 'mini' guests) running around.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

And all pretty much good ways. Friendly staff, somewhat young and inexperienced in some ways but eager to please. I had one of the tiny single rooms and while small, it was what I needed and it was VERY quiet. The view out the window was the woods. Kicky decor, kinda kitschy but fun. Breakfast was sufficient. I had one dinner and it was good, although service was lacking., The manager made up for it by buying a drink, and he said he'd counsel the server. Not too difficult to find if you have GPS.

The sauna, pool and whirlpool were all clean and functioning. The internet was free and worked very well throughout the property.

This is a BUSY meeting-type hotel so I'm not sure if you want solitude and quiet it's for you. Children-friendly, FYI.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo