Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Marijke
$103
$99
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Heerlijkheid Bergen(Bergen)(Great Value!)
$80
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

$117
$140
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Bergen1928(Bergen)
  • Restaurant
Agoda.com
All reviewsnice hotelwalking distancebit outdatedsmall townbergen aan zeecheesenetherlandslampscomfortcoastdunes
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel was in a poor state. We booked a family room. Two adults and two children.
In most hotels and motels a jug so you could make tea and coffee or at least warm a baby's bottle would be provided in your room. Any tea, coffee or even hot water you got charged for....
we spent many chilly nights wanting a warm drink.There was no jug, no fridge, and the carpet and tiles were in a very poor condition. I am under the impression that this hotel is being renovated, however this was poor. The beds were average, very basic furniture, small tv.
Staff were lovely tho, very helpful.

Room Tip: Do your research first...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharronr5b
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The good: Pretty much everything was as described. We booked a comfort class room with bath tub and the room exceeded our expectations. We had a tiny balcony (which we didn't use, as it was raining), a large tub, which we did, and a work desk. The breakfast buffet was nothing special, but a nice mix of the standard dutch cold cuts, sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs.
We rented bicycles and rode around in the nearby woods and up a paved path through some dunes. We had no complaints about parking. We took the train to nearby Alkmaar, and a bus to the center of Bergen and had an easy stroll to the hotel.

The bad: honestly? I dislike the standard Dutch hotel practice of two beds being pushed together as a double. That crack in the middle annoys me. But if that's the worst I can say, well, that's not too bad.

The odd: Some comments were made about the buffet not being replenished fast enough. I saw this, but I also noted "Where did all these people come from?" The hotel consists of a number of smaller disconnected buildings. The kitchen and wait staff were constantly replenishing the breakfast trays. It's just the guests were quickly emptying them as well. Also noted were comments about the cool and unhelpful staff. I guess we were just lucky. They were friendly and helpful.

Overall, this was a very pleasant surprise, and we're looking for an excuse to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sgkiser
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location in the city of Bergen, but parking on the premises is limited and on the public street is really expensive. Service is the biggest problem. You need to remind the staff on what you ordered. Don't recommend eating there.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Peteruga
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The last day is the unbelievable cool and unwilling to help.
When I asked for calling taxi to train station, the front desk receptionist shown unhappy body language.
The worse happen to us s that the taxi did not come on time and I asked for the second call, the receptionist gave me a unwilling help body language . However, I insisted for help.
No smile, no friendly service. Just sit there and focus on her desk only.
This is the only experience I could never forget for the last thirty years in Holland

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel if you need kind help from receptionist.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ben T
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I do agree with others. This is not a top class hotel.

BUT. It does not try to be, nor pretend to be.

This is a good quality, better than average holiday hotel in a small provincial town.
For under Eu100, it is very good value for what is on offer.

Yes, you can find better and more spacious rooms in some hotels.
BUT, this is charming old building in an exquisite and beautiful old historic town.
It is not a modern USA business chain hotel, and you would not want that in Bergen.

The fact that you can easily walk into Bergen in 2 minutes, or cycle to the coast, should totally outweigh any minor gripes.

For what it is, this hotel is a gem.

Points to note:

Lovely outdoor area for breakfast, drinks and dinner.
The old library by the bar is very pretty and comfortable.
No Aircon. So ask for a ground floor room in high summer.
There are rooms on both sides of a pretty and very quiet street.
The newer rooms are across the street, but very close.
I dont think this is an issue for most people.

Room Tip: See notes.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends