“Wasn't as good as I expected”
Review of La Nonna

La Nonna
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Sheldon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Marston Green, United Kingdom
“Wasn't as good as I expected”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Me and my husband came here on Saturday 12th October 2013 for our wedding anniversary. We have lived in the area for 7 years and this was our first visit. We were looking forward to it due to the fabulous reviews we have seen.

In general, the staff were very friendly and helpful.

However, a couple of negative points would make me not want to come here again:-

Starter : I had the mussels and quite a lot of them still had sand in them. This was very off-putting and there was also sand in the bottom of the bowl so I couldn't finish the sauce.

Main : We both ordered the same sirloin steak but mine was considerably smaller and thinner than my husband's. It was also medium rather than the rare I asked for but this was probably just down to how thin it was.

Cost : I was quite shocked to get a £70+ bill, just for two starters, two mains and a couple of drinks. If the food was stunning, I wouldn't have minded but it just wasn't.

Finally, the wooden floor is quite slippy, especially just in front of the toilets.

All in all, I wouldn't come here again. It is over-priced and over-rated.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank VickieHiggins

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Amazing Italian”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

A jewel hidden away in Sheldon. Superb food and brilliant staff. We've enjoyed many a birthday treat here.

1 Thank JD52BAD
Swansea, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Ate here with my wife recently, all the food was spot on, proper home cooked feel. The reason I felt I had to write a review is because of the risotto. One of my favourite meals and this one may just be the best I've had.

Also the staff are lovely, felt totally welcome from start to finish.

Will hopefully return soon.

• Visited September 2013
“Took me right back to my amazing holiday in Sorrento... amazing..”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

This is an Italian Restaurant straight out of the streets of Sciccily and dropped just off the A45 in Sheldon... authentic, traditionally cooked food that is accompanied by authentic, traditional, friendly and professional staff. Truly amazing. Thank you.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jonathan R
“Homely homemade heaven”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favourite restaurants. The food is divine. I often order the risotto wrapped in Parma ham and it is to die for. Best risotto I've ever tasted and I eat a lot of risotto! Owners are always lovely and often get a hug or kiss on leaving. It feels like you are in Italy! And we can walk home. Very lucky. But don't let the location put you off. Excellent food. Excellent atmosphere. Fab!

• Visited March 2013