“Average Price average food”

Southwell Garden Centre Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Southwell
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Average Price average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

You get exactly what you pay for. Good cafe food, tasty but poor surroundings. All in all ON. Certainly not bad but not outstanding

Notts
“Ok back in the 80's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I will start off on a nice note, that being the waitress was very helpful and accommodating.
From there things got a bit grim! The high chair, as mentioned by another customer, was filthy!!! We tried 2, one wouldn't fasten and the other was that grim I wouldn't put my baby in it!
We ordered the food and waited over 20 mins,it wasn't that busy. When it came it was served on very small plates with thin metal cutlery. We had ham hock so had to hack at it! The food was "average" very hospital canteen style.
We had a Groupon £10 for 2 meals and drinks. This didn't really turn out to be a great deal as they offered 2 for 1 meals on a Wednesday anyway. Didnt complain as you get what you pay for. We went to Newlands dairy up the road for desert which was a much nicer cleaner experience.
The Restaurant was very dated, that said it appears to cater for a more older clientele, and I'm sure my inlaws would have enjoyed it as the prefer bland food. Just please please invest in some new high chairs. £15 for basic ones from ikea which many restaurants use and are easily cleaned.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank kerrysmith1977
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not very nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Purchased this via groupon voucher. Paid £10.00 for £20.00 token for the meal When we arrived we were told that there were only certain things we could order There was a usual Tuesday deal which was two meals for £10.00 I asked about a sweet I was told I would have to pay extra. This meant our drinks cost £10.00!! I didn't even get a smile. We were sat by the window, which I had to pull away because of the sun shining through. The menu card was dirty and worn certainly seen better days. The table also felt dirty. The food was ok although my husband had ham hock the after taste for him was awful we had to stop off at Waitrose on the way home to get something to take the taste away. I had jacket potato what can go wrong with a jacket potato! I have also purchased an afternoon tea voucher - I will not be using this I would rather loose my money

• Visited March 2014
BURTON-ON-TRENT
“Super Southwell Garden Centre Tea Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited with an Amazon voucher, but found that this deal was being offered to all customers anyway.
Very friendly service, tasty main courses, and delicious desserts.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank FrogBurton_on_trent
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Homely, pleasant spot to lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Having just come out of hospital from a major operation my wife bought an amazon voucher for lunch at this establishment, We booked in, were allowed to change tables to accommodate my crutches and had an excellent lunch which was served piping hot, tasty and quite substantial. The staff were all very friendly and supportive and looked after us very well. We will certainly be going back and recommending it to our friends.

• Visited February 2014