“A Great Day Out”

The Old Theatre Deli
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Southwell
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leicester, United Kingdom
“A Great Day Out”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

My daughter and I visited this Cafe on a day out .We called in for coffee and tea cakes in the morning and were so impressed went back later for lunch.On both accasions it was very busy but plenty of room upstairs and service was prompt. We liked the decor and the atmosphere was good.They do a wonderful selection of cakes but didnt have the room in our tums ,so will be going back. Just one suggestion as we left we met an old lady who lived local. She couldnt find a seat downstairs and was unable to manage the stairs so had to leave.Perhaps one table downstairs could be set aside for the less able at very busy times .

• Visited May 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Just what Southwell needs”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Having lived in Southwell I always thought prior to this deli opening there was a distinct lack of quality cafés! This place is lovely - very quaint, nice relaxed atmosphere and great cakes! Never had lunch here so can't comment on that. All I would say is often very busy so
difficult to find a seat!

1 Thank Mustley
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The deli”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We came here for lunch one day. Oh dear the service was terrible and the staff were so rude to me and my partner. Wouldn't come here again in a million years. One of the worst cafés in Southwell

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank S0uthwell_
Cleethorpes
“Ok, but a little over priced”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited as a party of seven. The other couple chose the venue for us, and it perhaps a bit more "up market" then the types of places we'd normally lunch at.
The place apparently has a lot of history and was once a Theatre (the stage can be seen upstairs). If you like plain food, don't come here!
If you are more adventurous "do" come here. The menu is extensive, and has lots of interesting dishes, along with a wide range of sandwiches. From memory many of the main meals are around £9 to £10, with sandwiches around £5 to £6 each (with a little side salad.) I cant review all 7 meals, but will for mine and my wife's.
I had a salami, cheese and rocket sandwich sandwich. The bread was nice but very thick! I'd have preferred a bit more filling, and a little thinner bread to be honest.
My wife had a roast pork and avocado sandwich. She said she enjoyed it. We had chips on the side (as extras). There is a seating area outside, and i think inside was over at least two floors.
We had a two year old with us, and staff were happy to provide him with a smaller version of an adults meal. Also I should add that sandwiches were available on a choice of types of bread

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank stevep3919
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“cosy cafe”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

we called here just for drinks - not many tables but service was good - the table had a 'reserved' board on it for 12noon but as we were only having drinks we were told it was OK at 11.20

Visited April 2014