“Simply the best!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had Sunday lunch here last week- it was superb. I had sirloin of beef while my friend had a specially-made-for -her vegetarian tagine. There was loads of fresh veg including a wonderful cauliflower cheese, the beef was tender, roasted to perfection. We both had bread and butter pudding with vanilla ice-cream for dessert- the best I have ever tasted. I eat here often and have never had a bad meal. The owners are friendly, accommodating, extremely caring and public spirited and I simply cannot believe the negative posting from August 21. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and indeed have booked again for Sunday lunch in a couple of weeks.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I visited as I am lucky enough to live closer enough to this incredible Restaurant.If asked where to eat in Southwell, I would never hesitate to recommend eating here. The Owners are incredibly accommodating with any requests that are made and the polite and courteous Staff are always on hand. The meals are hand prepared and lovingly cooked, always presented in an exceptional manner. The price is unbelievable for the huge portions and you will go along way to find such a rare gem. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Horspool
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been a regular visitor with my husband to this restaurant since it opened many years ago. In all this time I have received excellent service and excellent food. The owners and staff are wonderful, kind, considerate people. The food is special with generous portions, cooked to perfection, great wine and very reasonably priced. I recommend this place to all my friends and family and take all my guests. Entering La Parisienne is like stepping out of rural England into a cafe somewhere in rural France. I know both owners give a great deal of their time and money to charity, generously, and freely.

2  Thank donna_carolyn
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We won a dinner for 2 voucher at a charity auction but was never able to book a table in the evening with it. Eventually we had to resort to using it at lunch only to confronted by the female owner and basically accused of it being a fake because her signature was not on it. She then thrust her bank card in my face in front of other customers to show it was not her signature whilst we were trying to sort out our twin babies. She also stated she had never given a voucher to the charity concerned as she kept very accurate records of where she gives them to. She eventually allowed us to use it but instead of the voucher being for a dinner for 2 they crossed 2 items off their lunchtime snack menu and we ended up having to pay for everything else. As we had bought the voucher in good faith we were not in a position to argue and had to accept. The charity coordinator later confirmed it was the female owner that gave her the voucher but forgot to sign it, so she had to return with it later where another staff member signed it on her behalf. The service was very slow (not ideal with 3 young children) and although the food was OK were were unable to enjoy it under the circumstances. Living in a small town there are limited choices to dining out and we were very much looking forward to a new restaurant opening. Suffice to say we will not be using it again and have advised our friends and family as to our experience. Bring back Funny Peculiar please.

4  Thank BleasbyChris
phill69, Owner at La Parisienne, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear sir I can assure you my wife the owner was not there when you came for lunch as she has just had a major operation on that day there was 2 young waiters and me and all the customers that we had that day non of them had children I m sorry but I think this is vicious and horrible way to put down other people business if you had an issue with us or even you wanted to book for the evening that would have been no problem at all as we have been here for 5 years and we are known to be accommodating and flexible thanks to you my wife is devastated as each year we donate 10 for charity and now you have ruined it for others as this is not the way to treat some one who donate for charity. We have always honoured our donations I hope you have a Conscience as this has caused a lot of thinking about donating tables for others

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Myself and my husband visited here two weeks ago and we had such a great meal we have already rebooked to take friends! We had starters and main, pudding to share as so full and coffees after and enjoyed every bite the portions were generous the red wine that was recommended complemented the meal perfectly. Great relaxed friendly atmosphere and was very plesent to be in a restaurant that I wasnt being rushed out the door after our meal. Highly recommended to all and looking forward to my next visit.

2  Thank MishkaEdwards