“An excellent place of lunch”
Review of La Parisienne

La Parisienne
Ranked #13 of 29 Restaurants in Southwell
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Lincolnshire
“An excellent place of lunch”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We called in on the off chance and were lucky to get a table. As it we were so cold from a morning outside, I order a pot of tea to drink while we studied the menu. It arrived in a lovely old teapot with pretty unmatched china cups. We soon warmed up.

There were lots of interesting things to tempt us on the menu. We chose the specials: whitebait (a very generous portion indeed) and red mullet with sweet potato fries. Both were delicious and enjoyed with a glass of French sauvignon. Lunch for two with drinks came to just over £20. Now I’m looking forward to going back to try out some of the dishes that other diners were enjoying…

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Haliaeetusalbicilla

“Wonderful aniversary meal”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went to la parisienne for a meal was very nice
Wine exellent made our celebration very nice and we shall be back highly recomend it

3 Thank annacaranina
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Been for the fourth time to la parisienne excellent food great ambience tryed for the first time moroccan fish cakes extremely delicious reasonable price perfect spot for a lovely meal

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank sabrina s
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
“A Perfect Evening”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This charming restaurant is 'simply' a great place to eat and enjoy good company and fantastic value for money.
I had been invited by a friend to dine there, and, as one does, looked up the reviews. Apart from one (which seemed to have come from a bunch of lads out for a curry after a session in the pub!), all were positive.
After eating there, I would like to add myself (and my companion), to the list of very satisfied customers.
Service was polite without being obsequious, 'Bonhomie' was very much in the air, and the food was everything we had hoped for.
I had the lamb shank and my companion the chicken tagine (she had originally wanted the duck but it had sold out that lunchtime!).
The lamb was delicious and fell off the bone as it should; the green veg was cooked for the right amount of time and the celeriac mash, which I admit I had never eaten before, was ace!
My companion commented very favourably on her tagine and, given the number of people clearly enjoying these dishes, I will definately try one if I am lucky enough to eat there again.
Yes the menu is limited but this is a good thing: it means that the proprietors spend time sourcing a small amount of fresh, local ingredients of the highest quality and at the best prices so they can pass on to the diner their obvious love of 'la vie Francais'.

Our bill:

£41.80! BARGAIN!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank joncook834
Southwell
“Excellent food, great ambience”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The menu isn't extensive but the food is absolutely delicious. Try the tartiflette, fish cakes or tagine. Wonderful. Lovely owners too who take very good care of the customers. Bookings preferable as the restaurant is small. We will be back!

3 Thank AlyLace