“Love this place!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times and I have yet to find fault with anything! Amazing staff, fantastic food and great atmosphere. Definitely one of Southwells finest. Would strongly recommend!

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I've heard many brilliant reviews for this restaurant, however we either went on a bad night or this Indian is extremely overrated.

Initially staff were extremely friendly and made us feel welcome however that's one of the only positives I can think of. Once sat down it took another 5 minutes for a waiter to come and take our drinks order despite the fact they weren't busy and had plenty of staff on. The drinks were poured out of a value pack bottle and were served flat, in a place like this and for around £3.60 for a pint of soft drink you would at least expect them to have a machine. The mains came out cold and when cutting into my chicken I was horrified to find grizzle and some undercooked pieces. The food was extremely disappointing after all the reviews we had heard. At the end of the meal we were also charged for items we had not asked for however when questioning the bill the manager became quite sheepish and aggressive. We will all definitely not be eating here again and much prefer the Indian further down the road as it is a friendly, good value place with amazing food!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were taken there with friends, who have been many times before and love it but, I have to admit, I don't really know why! I'm pretty certain the onion bhaji starter were not made fresh on the premises as they closely resembled a well known frozen food supermarket's offerings. My curry was supposed to have been made with fresh mint and yogurt but had clearly been made with mint sauce! Vinegary and inedible. The tarka dahl was like a puree and was swimming in oil.
In fairness to the restaurant, they noticed I hadn't touched my curry and took it off of the bill and they were very friendly and kind but I have had many curries and this was far and away the worst.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have had 2 takeaways from here and have been very disappointed both times. The first time our meat was chewy and quite unpleasant. I decided to put that down to a bad night and risk again but our second meal was equally disappointing. The meat samosas were very thick and dripping in fat. The chicken tikka masala had a very distinctive vinegary flavour and my madras was lacking in very much meat. Maybe I am spoilt by my local takeaway in West Yorkshire but in my view this is one to avoid.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Good food cooked well, only downside i started to find was that the dishes started to taste the same, no matter what you ordered?