“Friendly staff but awful food.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Khyber Pass
Ranked #24 of 29 Restaurants in Southwell
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff but awful food.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were taken there with friends, who have been many times before and love it but, I have to admit, I don't really know why! I'm pretty certain the onion bhaji starter were not made fresh on the premises as they closely resembled a well known frozen food supermarket's offerings. My curry was supposed to have been made with fresh mint and yogurt but had clearly been made with mint sauce! Vinegary and inedible. The tarka dahl was like a puree and was swimming in oil.
In fairness to the restaurant, they noticed I hadn't touched my curry and took it off of the bill and they were very friendly and kind but I have had many curries and this was far and away the worst.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Leeds, UK
“One to avoid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I have had 2 takeaways from here and have been very disappointed both times. The first time our meat was chewy and quite unpleasant. I decided to put that down to a bad night and risk again but our second meal was equally disappointing. The meat samosas were very thick and dripping in fat. The chicken tikka masala had a very distinctive vinegary flavour and my madras was lacking in very much meat. Maybe I am spoilt by my local takeaway in West Yorkshire but in my view this is one to avoid.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
UK
“Lovely food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

Good food cooked well, only downside i started to find was that the dishes started to taste the same, no matter what you ordered?

Visited September 2011
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

very good food, my favourite curry house in nottinghamshire, for birthday and celabrations, it's always our first choice and very family friendly.

• Visited March 2012
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Tucked away, a little gem of an Indian Restaurant, have been there with the family a few times and have always enjoyed the freshly cooked food, the staff are always very helpful and friendly and are great with the kids, certainly one to seek out and try!

Visited February 2012