“Absolutely amazing!”

Kangaroo Creek Farm
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is an amazing outing for anyone young or old! These animals are in amazing condition and are very adapted to human handling. Whether holding a baby wallaby or petting the tamest emu I have ever seen, it will be an experience to remember. The staff were very knowledgable and willing to answer any and all questions. I got some amazing photos and it was such an enjoyable experience! Well worth the trip and I plan to go back soon!

There are newer reviews for Kangaroo Creek Farm

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Kangaroo Creek Farm is not well advertised because it is completely non-commercialized. There is no entry fee (it's by a $5 suggested donation per person only) and there is nothing to buy or eat there. My daughter and her 3 little kids (6, 4, and 10mos) were looking for something to do and this seemed like a fun thing. Oh my, was it ever!! We parked on the main street and walked down the very steep path to the little farm (you are able to take a stroller on the road down to it, but really hold on to it!!!). There were kangaroos and wallabies all over the place, some were running "free" and we were able to go right up to them and pet them. Some were full sized, others juveniles and there was even a little baby in a homemade pouch that we could hold while sitting on a chair. We were given Doritos chips to feed the kangaroos, also. The farm has really short hours so the kangaroosdon't get over handled.On the other side of the farm were parrots that we could hold on our arms or shoulders, goats and emus for petting (we especially liked emus Mark & Larry), and two capybaras. They also have a a variety of birds including a peacock. And then there are some pot bellied pigs. Don't miss this!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We didn't know what to expect when visiting the Kangaroo Creek farm with my parents and 16 month old son on our recent trip to Lake Country. We were blown away by our visit to the Kangaroo Creek farm!

I was a bit apprehensive about my son interacting with the animals on the farm but it became immediately apparent that these were very gentle and lovely animals. We watched as, within minutes of entering the farm, my son was able to walk up to a kangaroo as tall as him and give it a hug.

The staff who work there obviously love what they are doing and were incredibly knowledgable and made the experience for us. We got lessons about the types of animals at the farm, as well as an opportunity to hold baby kangaroos. My husband even got to feed the cabybaras!

We will definitely be back on our next trip to Lake Country!

1  Thank Kristen L
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I would recommend checking out Kangaroo Creeks website before heading there. It was very informative as to where to park (you have to park on Main St not on their property unless you have a handicap permit) Also it talked about how they like to keep things simple by having admission by donation (there is a little donation box as you enter) It also has other helpful bits of information.

We had SUCH a nice time. We found the owners very welcoming and willing to chat. They told us what to expect as we entered...and who we could pet and who we shouldn't. At the time we went there was two joeys to hold. They were in these cute soft little sacks and you could sit down and hold one on your knee. We were given tortilla chips to hand out to the various other animals on the farm such as the goats, pigs, emus, and kangaroos.

I think our total time at the farm was just over an hour. Definitely bring your camera!! If you love animals this is a must see.

1  Thank brandylcat
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Who would've thought that Kangaroos live right in the heart of the Okanagan?! Not me! I took my niece and we had a great time. There was a tiny albino baby kangaroo that the kids can hold, and other (bigger) ones that you can feed leaves to. Potbelly pigs, goats, emus...this place has it all! Cost is by donation, so definitely within your price range!

1  Thank emmy_ray