See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2016

3 of us booked in for the nights of August 12-14, 2016, unaware of the issues that are listed on the internet. We arrived at 7 PM and were asked to pay in full up front ($508.00 for one room) which we found odd. The motel is extremely dilapidated with over half of it looking already condemned. We were given 2 rooms because we requested queen beds which didn't seem to exist. The carpets in both rooms were obviously at least 40 years old and not close to clean. The door deadlock bolts did not work. The air conditioning only worked in one of the two rooms. The air conditioning units indicated that the filters were plugged. I pulled them out and they were filthy and mouldy. We began to look at reviews AFTER we had paid and immediately began to read all of the bed bug horror stories. We wanted to leave but could find nothing else available within 40 or more mins. We decided to take a cautious chance assuming that the owner had been forced to have professional exterminators eradicate them. We did a search with flashlights of the bedding and all around the room, putting our clothing and luggage in the bath tubs. We found an empty bedbug trap between the mattresses. As we were headed out for the evening we took all of our personal belongings with us.

That night we returned to the hotel at about 1:00 AM. We again put all of our personal belongings into the bathtubs. I checked my bedding again and carefully laid out onto it to watch some TV. After about 20 mins I went to turn out my light and go to sleep. I decided to re-check the hotel pillow and immediately found a large red bedbug inches from where my head would have been. I grabbed the pillow and shook it off into the bathroom sink. I sent photos to the guys in the other room and went back to check my bed and this time there was a giant black spider where my pillow had been. I grabbed all of my belongings and got them out the door. The guys in the other room were laughing (naive to the seriousness of bedbugs) when I banged on their door and told them of my room issues. They began to check their room as well and quickly found several bedbugs on both mattresses, capturing 2 more which we placed in a bottle. Needless to say, we got out of those rooms as quick as possible, meticulously checking ourselves and our belongings.

We rang the locked door of the office and the same older man (owner) who rented us the room answered. He wanted to know want we needed and we said a refund and that he knew very well why (he and his motel are all over the internet in recent bedbug news reports). He got upset and said that he could not refund our money. He demanded to see the rooms to "prove" what we were saying even though we brought him the bottle with the 2 large bedbugs that we had found (he dumped them out on the front desk of his office and they scurried away). We finally reluctantly took him up and showed him several more crawling over the bedding in both rooms. He tried to pretend he didn't see them and then to pass them off as common " outside" bugs, squishing several in his fingers.

After a lengthy argument, we finally got most of our money electronically refunded at 2:30 in the morning, more than 45 mins after we had first brought this to his attention.

Definitely read the reviews and look up the recent news reports.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank MDS1886
Reviewed August 6, 2016

We booked in because it was a Saturday in August late in the day and online many hotels were full. Looked pretty sketchy as we made our way to our room. The outside was very rundown but we are not fancy people and you can't always tell from the outside. The room was pretty rundown too, there was no remote for the tv which appeared to have only one channel, and the wifi was next to non-existent. But they came with a remote and found channels. We thought we could rough it for one night, until I found the bugs and googled what they were. Last straw. Grabbed all our stuff and got out of there. They did refund our money when I showed them a bug I caught in a bag. Ugh!! Stay away!!

Room tip: Look before you book, and read the on- line reviews first .
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Darlene V
Reviewed July 2, 2016

This place should be condemned. Absolutely disgusting on every level. $130 for the room because it was a long weekend. That's more than the whole place is worth. Worn out towels and bedding, dirty. Do not stay here.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff S
Reviewed June 14, 2016

rooms was infested with bed bugs - manager gave a bottle of insecticide spray and added the cost to the room

stay at your own risk, the ownership or management are not helpful and will dismiss your concerns

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank W H
Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

The room was Dirty. Broken. Bugs everywhere. And no electricity after 10pm. We asked for help but the staff said he didn't know how to fix it. Sorry for nothing. We didn't sleep that night and wait till morning and move on our road trip immediately. Horrible motel, STAY AWAY !

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tino C