“Majestic campground”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Majestic campground”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time here and it is now one of my favorite places in the world getting away from all the hoards of people in Victoria this place is serenity for campers with large campsites to great hiking trails the hot free showers and the residence wild life make it a peaceful place to camp with the city of Langford just a 10 minute drive for all your camping needs we went to there local grocery store it was called The Market and the unbelievable size and variety of cheeses cake they had in there bakery was a great desert sooooo good if you like chesse cake

1 Thank Moshman

Saskatoon, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Mount Finlayson a great climb for a novice hiker”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

The park was beautiful and started off by seeing the lovely waterfall across the road. We then received some great advice from a volunteer at the Arts Centre. She encouraged us to the climb as felt the review was worth it. (The park information person had discouraged us based on seeing us and not our ability -being fifty something).
Anyway we decided we were up to the challenge and off we went. The first third was all about the hike and then the climb started. The second third was challenging but one just had to take a few stops to rest. The last third was the most challenging but with some patience and following the orange signs, we were able to make it to the top with no trouble. It was very windy up on top but the view was great. We were quite worried about coming down, but that was much less taxing than what we had imagined. It took less than two hours and we were glad we had made the attempt. Definitely worth it.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Prairiegirls16
Modesto, California
252 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 532 helpful votes
“Not Quite What I Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I visited here last month while staying in Victoria. I had really been looking forward to seeing this park as I love the rainforest, waterfalls, etc. Although it was a nice visit for us, it was not what I expected. For starters, the park is right along side the highway and therefore lots of traffic noise which takes away from the experience. The park has a rather strange set up. The visitor center is a little walk from the parking lot but a pleasant walk. Once there we did not stay long as the exhibits were more for kids and we didn't see anything to interest us. You can walk to the waterfall from this side of the highway (along the creek bed and through a dark tunnel), but there was no sign to point the way and luckily other people were walking back that we could ask. The waterfall was worth a look, very tall and in a pretty setting but low flow due to the time of the year. We noted that the picnic area was in a concrete space as we walked through, did not look that appealing. There is a very short nature trail near the picnic area that we walked and we headed back near the parking area to try some more trails that appeared to be on our map. Although I loved the trees, the short trails quickly came to a dead end and there was no signage. We found no signs on the road or parking area to designate any trails. Perhaps we missed something, but we found no information to help us in walking around the park. That coupled with the ever present freeway noise made our visit a little less pleasant.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank MSWMom50
Victoria, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful camping spot in the forest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

With great trail. Now we are waiting to go there for salmons in november. Very weel organized and clean.

Visited September 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Mount Finlayson is quite a hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I went to Goldstream Park just to hike Mount Finlayson, so my experience is all about the hike. I would consider myself in pretty good shape and was excited to get some exercise and enjoy the view - I wasn't disapointed. Most of the path was challenging but safe and manageable for most people and the scenery is beautiful! Unfortunately we got to a place that I felt was just too unsafe and I decided it wasn't worth the risk so I didn't make it to the top. Maybe it's because I'm more used to the prairies then hiking in mountains, or because I'm short and couldn't make the climb as easy as most people - but I was shocked at how many people hike/climb to the top and don't consider it dangerous. I wish I had gotten to see the view from the top - maybe next time!

Visited August 2013