my husband and I stayed for 4 nights at the end of May. We booked a 2 room suite in the fairways building rather than the club house, we asked for a mountain view and that was what we got. If you stay in the fairways building you do get a private balcony as apposed to the club house building (which I stayed in the previous year) which has larger, but more open balconies. Also the fairway's building has a nice gated parade so parking is really not an issue, we never had trouble finding a parking spot. When we stayed in the club house it was difficult to find a spot near the building (unless of course you use the valet service and then you don't have to worry about parking at all) The parking lot for the club house is insufficient.
There was still some construction going on mostly surrounding buildings, but we didn't notice any noise from construction this year.
When you rent a suite you do get a fully equipped kitchen which was nice for us because we wanted to see the sights, and were able to pack a lunch or make a nice dinner when we got back to our room, rather than eating out every meal.
We found for the most part our room was clean, although we did have to call house keeping when we returned from a day of sight seeing and our room had not been made up while we were out, (this also happened the previous year when I stayed in the club house)
I would not recommend this hotel if you want to be right in Victoria, is is actually located in a suburb of Victoria, Langford I believe. Also If you are staying here you definitely want to rent a car if you plan on leaving the Hotel as it is quite a distance from all the touristy things.
Overall we really liked the hotel, liked that it was out of the way, I liked both the Club house and the Fairway's building. The Fairway's building has no reception desk so you do need to go check in at the Club house, also the restaurants are all located in the club house, as is the pool. So if you don't want to trek across the parking lot for a swim or a meal you may want to book a room in the club house. If you like a bit more privacy and easy secure parking book the fairways building.
We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel and we would stay again, we thought the room were nice, even if the fire place is very fake. We found it peaceful although we were out of our rooms early in the day and did not return until later in the evening and may have avoided the construction going on during the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Bear Mountain Golf Resort & Spa, Victoria hotel features 36 holes of Nicklaus Design golf. Indulge in a beauty or wellness treatment at the accredited Sante Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Golf Hotel Victoria
- Westin Bear Mountain Victoria Hotel
- Westin Victoria
- Victoria Westin